Shoot or not shoot?

Would you shoot this person or not shoot this person?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are very lucky he didn't sweep that gun off his head and stick it up your ass. If you had handgun training, you wouldn't have that gun under your mattress and you wouldn't have let him get near you either.

Edit to add: You don't know how many other women this perp raped, and you also don't know that the child wasn't a product of a rape. It's only your faith telling you it's all good.

Oh and, how it is that the cops weren't called, and this perp wasn't in jail?
He was a young dumb good looking kid. Twenty years old thinking his shit was what all women wanted. I doubt he had raped anyone. My cousin took him home of her own accord. He thought he could get double for his trouble instead he discovered he really was not as sexy as he had thought himself. Somewhat like people who think they are tough and have all the answers when in fact they whimper and say "give" at the first sign of hardship.

Learned how to shoot when I was nine years old.

It only your lack of faith telling you it wasn't God. Yet that's your problem not mine.
You don't know, is the point. Where did I say it wasn't God? I didn't.

You "learned how to shoot" at age nine, but have no handgun training. You should get rid of that gun before your stumbling, irresponsible ass kills an innocent with it when it goes off unexpectedly, or some kid gets it, or some burglar finds it, or the next perp sticks it up your ass. YOU are the reason guns get a bad name.

Letting this perp go without calling the cops? How stupid you are.

Last edited:
Here's the scenero. It's 11:30 pm. You are sleeping in your bed and hear somebody break into your house by forcing the front door. You have a pistol in your nightstand and you take it out of the drawer and make sure it is loaded. You get out of your bed, turn on your bedroom light and step out into the hallway. As you do, you notice a person climbing your stairway and the person has a knife in their hand. Would you shoot this person or not shoot this person?

I would shoot this person.

Shoot or not shoot?

What a stupid question.

I don't own a gun, and if I did, I would not shoot to kill unless absolutely necessary. In other words, unless I knew for certain he was there to harm me or my loved ones, I would try not to harm him. I might ask him to drop the knife, then kick him in the face for breaking into my house. But that's just because someone likes that needs a good kick in the face, but certainly not a bullet between the eyes.
If you ever get a gun, get good training. No one with handgun training would shoot for the head, or shoot just once.

Handguns are for killing people, not for threatening, not for wounding, not for show and tell. Not to just have around "just in case." If "just in case" exists, and you want to have a handgun around, you're irresponsible if you don't have good formal training.

You "learned how to shoot" at age nine, but have no handgun training. You should get rid of that gun before your stumbling, irresponsible ass kills an innocent with it when it goes off unexpectedly, or some kid gets it, or some burglar finds it, or the next perp sticks it up your ass. YOU are the reason guns get a bad name.

You and Allie feeling pretty rabid this morning aren't ya. Since when do you decide how another will react to any given situation? Who gives you that authority? I sure do not.

At fifty plus having been a gun owner for well over thirty years I'll keep whatever gun that is legal to have where I want and when I want and I will decide when I load, shoot and what I will shoot at if anything. If someone commits an act against me I will also be the one who decides whether or not to call the police and if I determine it should be reported.

Most recently a drunken bitch that married my ex son-in-law grabbed my oldest grandson by the throat choked him, shook him and threw him violently against the wall. Odd the police have done nothing to that slimy slut for abusing a 15 year old child. IT WAS REPORTED!!!! His entire neck was red, black and blue. Her claim was "that little gay bastard deserved it". Can you tell me why a very good looking teenager tells some slimy bitch that his dad married that he is gay when he is not? Does that slimy slut have the right to nearly choke him to death because he denies her rights to himself? You're tell he cops report it theory goes right out the window...You have that ignorant spirit I think you need to be listed in that "prick with ears" thread.

People like you acting all rabid over an incident that happened twenty plus years ago give responsible gun owners a bad name. Tell ya though you stay out of my affairs and I will stay out of yours, that's a fair shot. As for the story of what happened back in my younger years you and Allie can claim, makeup and presume whatever you like.

First of all, an unknown person has FORCED their way into your home. That's BREAKING AND ENTERING, a FELONY. Second, this person is approaching YOU with a WEAPON in their hand. It this point, you have EVERY RIGHT to assume that since they FORCED their way into your home and are carrying a WEAPON, that they have INTENT TO HARM YOU. By this time, IT'S TOO LATE FOR THEM, because it is 100% LEGAL for you to BLOW THEIR SHIT AWAY.

To you people that want to just WING HIM, keep in mind, a DEAD MAN CAN'T SUE YOU. Second, you might miss, third, it may have little to no effect and/or just exacerbate the situation. You are setting yourself up for possible harm. SHOOT TO KILL.

And if it was your SON that broke in, I can tell you right now, MY son knows I have a .45 with hollow points in it right beside my bed, and if he BROKE INTO MY HOUSE, and then approached me with a KNIFE IN HIS HANDS, he KNOWS he's going to get SHOT. Point is, my son is smart enough to NEVER do anything like that.

So all you people trying to play this give the ARMED INTRUDER A CHANCE game are just setting yourself up to be the VICTIM in this scenario. IT'S YOUR HOME. Some crazy bastard just kicked in your front door and is now headed toward you and he's ARMED with a KNIFE, DON'T PLAY GAMES, BLOW HIS FORCED ENTRY, ARMED INTRUDER SHIT AWAY! The cops will THANK you for it. One less piece of dangerous trash they won't have to hunt down to put away, plus you'll be saving the taxpayers money because they won't have to feed, clothe, house and give medical attention to them while they rot in prison.

Last edited:

You and Allie feeling pretty rabid this morning aren't ya. Since when do you decide how another will react to any given situation? Who gives you that authority? I sure do not.

At fifty plus having been a gun owner for well over thirty years I'll keep whatever gun that is legal to have where I want and when I want and I will decide when I load, shoot and what I will shoot at if anything. If someone commits an act against me I will also be the one who decides whether or not to call the police and if I determine it should be reported.

Most recently a drunken bitch that married my ex son-in-law grabbed my oldest grandson by the throat choked him, shook him and threw him violently against the wall. Odd the police have done nothing to that slimy slut for abusing a 15 year old child. IT WAS REPORTED!!!! His entire neck was red, black and blue. Her claim was "that little gay bastard deserved it". Can you tell me why a very good looking teenager tells some slimy bitch that his dad married that he is gay when he is not? Does that slimy slut have the right to nearly choke him to death because he denies her rights to himself? You're tell he cops report it theory goes right out the window...You have that ignorant spirit I think you need to be listed in that "prick with ears" thread.

People like you acting all rabid over an incident that happened twenty plus years ago give responsible gun owners a bad name. Tell ya though you stay out of my affairs and I will stay out of yours, that's a fair shot. As for the story of what happened back in my younger years you and Allie can claim, makeup and presume whatever you like.
:yawn:

For one thing, it's not rabid. I am mostly laughing at you over your little works of fiction.

But the FACT is, you are irresponsible for keeping a handgun under your mattress. There's is no question about that at all.

And the TRUTH is, no one tried to tell you what to do. You ASSumed that. I said you SHOULD get rid of the gun, since you are obviously, admittedly clueless on proper handling and storage, and use!

Either that or get some fucking training. If a gun is worth having around, it's worth getting trained on. Get responsible.

I don't own a gun, and if I did, I would not shoot to kill unless absolutely necessary. In other words, unless I knew for certain he was there to harm me or my loved ones, I would try not to harm him. I might ask him to drop the knife, then kick him in the face for breaking into my house. But that's just because someone likes that needs a good kick in the face, but certainly not a bullet between the eyes.
If you ever get a gun, get good training. No one with handgun training would shoot for the head, or shoot just once.

Handguns are for killing people, not for threatening, not for wounding, not for show and tell. Not to just have around "just in case." If "just in case" exists, and you want to have a handgun around, you're irresponsible if you don't have good formal training.

Of course people with training are taught to shoot to kill MM, and this IS BECAUSE they are also TAUGHT NOT to use their gun or aim it ant anyone that is not trying to kill them or another person...

They should be trained on WHEN to shoot to kill and WHEN not to.....NOT JUST to shoot to kill under any circumstance?

If they are teaching all of you gun owners JUST TO SHOOT TO KILL, NO MATTER in reading the circumstances then I would be AGAINST anyone owning a gun, because they would be owning one for the sole purpose of killing another without thought or reasoning coming in to play and THAT would be DANGEROUS imo.

Of course people with training are taught to shoot to kill MM, and this IS BECAUSE they are also TAUGHT NOT to use their gun or aim it ant anyone that is not trying to kill them or another person...

They should be trained on WHEN to shoot to kill and WHEN not to.....NOT JUST to shoot to kill under any circumstance?

If they are teaching all of you gun owners JUST TO SHOOT TO KILL, NO MATTER in reading the circumstances then I would be AGAINST anyone owning a gun, because they would be owning one for the sole purpose of killing another without thought or reasoning coming in to play and THAT would be DANGEROUS imo.
Very FEW people are actually trained compared to the amount of folks who own handguns.

Those who are, are trained that if you are going to shoot a person, put four slugs in the torso. Because it's the biggest target, and cannot move as fast as a leg, arm or head. That's all it is. Otherwise, you don't pull the trigger.

Deciding when to shoot or not is case by case. Shoot/don't shoot drills are handy little rehearsals but they're not real life.

You may, if you want to take the time, go back and re-read all my posts and find where I said ALWAYS shoot.

I said, ALWAYS shoot to KILL. Not always shoot.

See the difference?

:yawn:

For one thing, it's not rabid. I am mostly laughing at you over your little works of fiction.

But the FACT is, you are irresponsible for keeping a handgun under your mattress. There's is no question about that at all.

And the TRUTH is, no one tried to tell you what to do. You ASSumed that. I said you SHOULD get rid of the gun, since you are obviously, admittedly clueless on proper handling and storage, and use!

Either that or get some fucking training. If a gun is worth having around, it's worth getting trained on. Get responsible.
You do not read very well or I did not say it clearly enough. The gun was between the mattress and the inside of the bedframe. NOT UNDER THE MATTRESS. Close enough to grab in case of an emergency. Who needs fiction when reality is more than one can handle. My dad gave me the gun when an ex boyfriend threatened me. I was train at nine idiot, again you do not read well. If you cannot reach the gun or it is not close enough to reach when an intruder comes into your bedroom it will do you absolutely no good whatsoever.

You do not read very well
I read again your rambling, almost incomprehensible grey block of text which had very little to no air in it, excuse me for not thoroughly reading that eyesore. It's STILL an irresponsible place to keep a handgun.
I was train at nine idiot, again you do not read well.
You were NOT trained at all. You said "taught to shoot" at nine. You have no formal training.

Get some.

Shoot or not shoot?

First, I would make sure that my gun is registered. If it's not registered, I might get arrested. Then I would take the trigger lock off because, well, guns are dangerous. I would load the gun after that because loaded guns are never safe. And, what was I thinking? Call 911, of course. But maybe this guy breaking into my home is hungry and just wants a bite to eat. Have you thought about that? But if I had to shoot, I'd shoot him in the leg because I don't want to kill him. Oh, crap. I missed. Have I mentioned that stab wounds to the stomach really hurt?

If you cannot reach the gun or it is not close enough to reach when an intruder comes into your bedroom it will do you absolutely no good whatsoever.
My pistol is either ON me, or locked up. The lone exception is, bedtime. Then, it goes in my left boot, on the floor right by me -- for easy reach and so I won't forget it in the morning.

You leave yours in the bed, where anyone can find it, from what I'm reading. A burglar can find that gun someday and kill a little girl with it. A kid can find it, play with it, and shoot you or his friend.

Because you're untrained and irresponsible.

You are very lucky he didn't sweep that gun off his head and stick it up your ass. If you had handgun training, you wouldn't have that gun under your mattress and you wouldn't have let him get near you either.

Edit to add: You don't know how many other women this perp raped, and you also don't know that the child wasn't a product of a rape. It's only your faith telling you it's all good.

Oh and, how it is that the cops weren't called, and this perp wasn't in jail?
He was a young dumb good looking kid. Twenty years old thinking his shit was what all women wanted. I doubt he had raped anyone. My cousin took him home of her own accord. He thought he could get double for his trouble instead he discovered he really was not as sexy as he had thought himself. Somewhat like people who think they are tough and have all the answers when in fact they whimper and say "give" at the first sign of hardship.

Learned how to shoot when I was nine years old. edit: the gun was between the mattress and sideframe of the bed frame. It was one of those big wood water bed frames with a regular mattress.

It's only your lack of faith telling you it wasn't God. Yet that's your problem not mine.

Honey, normal kids don't creep into people's bedrooms at night and force themselves on women.

Serial rapists and rapists who become serial killers do.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It would be a waste of time. Even if they could find a lawyer to take such a case, they'd lose.
Such cases, sadly, have been WON in the past. There's precedent.

However, lawsuits shouldn't enter one's mind until after the shooting.

They were in the wrong court room if they lost. I get a change of venue and appeal.
Can you get that on civil cases?

But definitely, lawsuits are the bane of the courts. Most are frivolous.

Honey, normal kids don't creep into people's bedrooms at night and force themselves on women.
Just her fantasy, fictional ones do!

If her story weren't such a cliched, overused bunch of crap, she could be a romance novelist or TV writer!

Last edited:

Very FEW people are actually trained compared to the amount of folks who own handguns.

Those who are, are trained that if you are going to shoot a person, put four slugs in the torso. Because it's the biggest target, and cannot move as fast as a leg, arm or head. That's all it is. Otherwise, you don't pull the trigger.

Deciding when to shoot or not is case by case. Shoot/don't shoot drills are handy little rehearsals but they're not real life.

You may, if you want to take the time, go back and re-read all my posts and find where I said ALWAYS shoot.

I said, ALWAYS shoot to KILL. Not always shoot.

See the difference?

YEP! Now I do see the difference MM, but I did not catch that initially! It is clearer now...

But even the ''always shoot to kill''...i still think that may be wrong instructions as well...if the other person can not kill you because they have just a knife and are 15 feet away and you have a gun pointed at them, you have the upper hand and if the other guy makes a move of any sort, you still have the upper hand and it is not necessary to kill another human being...you could shoot him in the leg or shoulder if necessary...especially if you have had training and shooting practice with your gun...the thigh has a major artery so you still could kill him, but it would not be intentionally as putting 4 bullets in him would be.

If you had no threat from a robber in your house, in most states that are not, pro gun wild west states like florida and texas...you could be subject to being prosecuted if you killed someone breaking in that did not try to kill you or have a weapon that could kill you, or that threatened you and said they were going to kill you...I believe?

Forum List

Back