Shiva/Hess: Commercial Daydream

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a commerce-vignette involving Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and the Hess Corporation (American petroleum company).

This parable was inspired by My Fellow Americans.

Signing off (God Bless America/USMB!),

bb2.jpg

====

Prince Shiva was meditating on becoming a master of destruction someday atop his sacred prayer-site in the snowy mountains of the Himalayas of Nepal. Shiva was not yet the master of destruction. He had to complete a special task to ensure that his mastery over destruction would be unquestioned. Prince Shiva had to evaluate the philosophical impact of capitalism on modernism. He began studying the special symbolism of the Hess Corporation (American petroleum company with numerous gas-stations across the USA!). He liked Hess's presentation and colors and wanted to measure how America 'competed' with OPEC (just as the company British Petroleum was doing now!). If Prince Shiva rightly assessed the 'niche' Hess occupied in the modern capital petroleum market, he could determine how goods/resources were measured against the social urge to dominate in capital markets (even when markets were 'dominated' by non-dominant nations --- i.e., Middle East's OPEC).

ga1.jpg

Prince Shiva decided to disguise himself as a human and descend upon Earth and began working a gas-station attendant at a Hess service-station in Arizona (USA). Prince Shiva worked for regular wages and worked 6 days a week including Saturday nights (only taking Sundays off!). Shiva enjoyed working at Hess very much, and he started taking mental notes on the kinds of traffic the Arizona Hess station saw as he read news-reports/market-reports about OPEC's performance in comparison to BP (British Petroleum) and other American petroleum companies (e.g., Sunoco, Texaco, Shell). Hess steadily competed with the other American petroleum companies and even marketed a special line of nifty/colourful Hess miniature model gas-stations and model-trucks for consumers/kids. Prince Shiva even purchased these models for his personal use (and archaeological research!). Prince Shiva concluded that Hess was symbolic of 'modernism artistry.'

ga2.jpg

CUSTOMER: Fill her up...
SHIVA: Regular?
CUSTOMER: Yep!
SHIVA: Nice Saturday evening, eh?
CUSTOMER: It sure is. Arizona night.
SHIVA: Come here often (hehe)?
CUSTOMER: You're not gay are ya?
SHIVA: No, making humorous chit-chat!
CUSTOMER: You like working for Hess?
SHIVA: It's terrific...American gas, baby!
CUSTOMER: I always worry about the Middle East.
SHIVA: I'm learning about the 'petroleum podium' (global).
CUSTOMER: Anyone who can understand that mess will become a 'guru.'
SHIVA: I agree; I think Hess is the Western rendition of Maruchan(!).
CUSTOMER: Maruchan (that fun Japanese noodle-soup snack company)?
SHIVA: Yeah, that's the one! Maybe Hess reminds us of color/friendship...
CUSTOMER: If you can have Hess outshine Middle Eastern oil, America will rule!
SHIVA: Perhaps art is as important as diplomacy (I feel like a master of destruction).
CUSTOMER: Hehe, young man, you're beginning to understand foreign competition.
SHIVA: It's time for me to return to Nepal, good sir.

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back