Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

I have yet to see anyone anywhere claim that Fox News was the reason that she was forced to resign.

I think the majority of the criticism of Fox News is that it took them 24 hours of panel discussions about the newly uncovered rogue racist element in the administration before they showed any evidence that they had investigated the entire story.

Two or three hours I could see. Maybe 4. But 24 hours? That's journalism?

Seriously? that's Ill I've seen here the last 2 days.

Then link a specific statement claiming that Fox News was the reason that she was forced to resign.

Wait fo r24 hours, then come back in here and check...I guess.

Seriously? that's Ill I've seen here the last 2 days.

Then link a specific statement claiming that Fox News was the reason that she was forced to resign.

:lol:

My bad...I read a little bit above and saw Sky Dancer's claim.

Well...I can only speak for myself, and my grumble with Fox is listed above. I personally don't think she resigned because of Fox

It's more than just SkyDancer, xot. And I agree with your assesment. I have a serious issue with FNC. They're a bunch of partisan fucktwits.

However, I don't hear a story about a media hatchet job on a Democrat and start foaming at the mouth about Fox News when they weren't even involved in the story. They reported on the story in their usual fucktwittery way, but they weren't the story themselves.

Too bad too many people on here and elsewhere don't take the time to actually look at the facts. Ironic that this is the actual lesson of the whole damn fiasco that no one is seeming to learn.

Well...I can only speak for myself, and my grumble with Fox is listed above. I personally don't think she resigned because of Fox

It's more than just SkyDancer, xot. And I agree with your assesment. I have a serious issue with FNC. They're a bunch of partisan fucktwits.

However, I don't hear a story about a media hatchet job on a Democrat and start foaming at the mouth about Fox News when they weren't even involved in the story. They reported on the story in their usual fucktwittery way, but they weren't the story themselves.

Too bad too many people on here and elsewhere don't take the time to actually look at the facts. Ironic that this is the actual lesson of the whole damn fiasco that no one is seeming to learn.

Exactly what I been saying since it happened. This should PROVE , don't jump to conclusions.

HERE is the FOXNEWS.COM story that aired the same time as Breitbart...it amplified the Brietbart story.

I am NOT a liar....;)

they are seeking a response from the naacp and the usda it says, so OBVIOUSLY THEY DID contact them.

0721-originalfoxsherrodstory.jpg

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Media Matters for America
SLAM DUNK, eh?

HERE is the FOXNEWS.COM story that aired the same time as Breitbart...it amplified the Brietbart story.

I am NOT a liar....;)

they are seeking a response from the naacp and the usda it says, so OBVIOUSLY THEY DID contact them.

0721-originalfoxsherrodstory.jpg

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Media Matters for America
SLAM DUNK, eh?
_____

If you're not a liar - then perhaps you're just stupid????

Within that very story you find this...
_____

The point of the story wasn't entirely clear; only an excerpt of the speech is included in the video clip.

"It was revealed to me that it's about poor versus those who have," she said, suggesting she had learned that race is less important.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

_______

It would appear the Fox News website was doing due diligence in explaining both the original source, as well as the example being just an excerpt of the full speech - and the Fox News website even goes out of its way to note the attempted redemptive quality of the speech.

Try again...

Last edited:

Exactly what I been saying since it happened. This should PROVE , don't jump to conclusions.

If Fox News hadn't jumped to conclusions and had 24 hours of Sherrod the Racist coverage, and if Obama & Friends hadn't jumped to conclusions and flushed a good employee...and if I hadn't jumped to conclusions myself (I saw the clip and thought that she was a racist)...then the only person with egg on his face would Breitbart.

Fox news first reported on the Shirley Sherrod Video and resignation on Bill O'reilly's show at 8:00 pm on July 19th.

Shirley Sherrod was called by the White House during her afternoon drive home and asked to resign, before 5:00pm on July 19th (eastern) when Glenn Beck aired, according to her own words on CNN. In her own words they had her pull over to the side of the road and resign on the spot, before getting home.

YouTube - Shirley Sherrod defends her record

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.

Bill O'Reilly had already been taped. Everyone knew what was coming. No one at Fox kept it a secret. They're so proud of another "gotcha" moment.

The funny thing is it happened so fast, all of Obama's aids say he didn't even know about it. Apparently, he wasn't "blogging", he was working on an oil gusher, BP, unemployment, fighting Republicans who want to destroy the middle class, Iraq, Afghanistan.....

For the sake of argument I am going to give you the premise that the show was taped weeks ago.

Now, shirley sherrod resigned around 5pm on the 19th. Fox news didn't first air its clip and discussion of her resigning until o'reilly's show at 8pm on the 19th.

Even if you were right about them recording it earlier they still never aired a clip until after she resigned.

Knowing this how does that make it fox new's fault?
It is known that FOXgossip.com had the story posted on line by at least around 5 PM.

If Fox News hadn't jumped to conclusions and had 24 hours of Sherrod the Racist coverage, and if Obama & Friends hadn't jumped to conclusions and flushed a good employee...and if I hadn't jumped to conclusions myself (I saw the clip and thought that she was a racist)...then the only person with egg on his face would Breitbart.

no...if obama's admin hadn't rushed to judgment, this wouldn't even be a story...

it became a HUGE story because she was fired

Bill O'Reilly had already been taped. Everyone knew what was coming. No one at Fox kept it a secret. They're so proud of another "gotcha" moment.

The funny thing is it happened so fast, all of Obama's aids say he didn't even know about it. Apparently, he wasn't "blogging", he was working on an oil gusher, BP, unemployment, fighting Republicans who want to destroy the middle class, Iraq, Afghanistan.....

For the sake of argument I am going to give you the premise that the show was taped weeks ago.

Now, shirley sherrod resigned around 5pm on the 19th. Fox news didn't first air its clip and discussion of her resigning until o'reilly's show at 8pm on the 19th.

Even if you were right about them recording it earlier they still never aired a clip until after she resigned.

It is known that FOXgossip.com had the story posted on line by at least around 5 PM.

Hey stupid, FoxNation had it online at 2 PM, which is a BLOG site, as already proven.

Pilgrim, seriously, this has already been proven wrong in other threads.

O'Reilly ran this story before anyone else, period.

Sheppard Smith has already publicly attacked his own network for this crap.

FoxNews is perhaps not criminally culpable, but O'Reilly certainly owes Ms Sherrod an apology, and Breitbart should be criminally investigated.

Of course then there's the big blowhard Rush Limbaugh tactic: When all else fails, go on the attack, no matter how ridiculously wrong you are...

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - TRENDING: Limbaugh says Fox News ‘caved’ in Sherrod coverage - Blogs from CNN.com

Rush Limbaugh said Thursday on his radio show that Fox News and at least one of its anchors "caved" in its coverage of Shirley Sherrod, the former USDA employee who was fired in haste on Monday after an edited clip of her was posted on a conservative website.
stop lying

____

She resigned by 5:00 p.m., correct?

And here is part of that Fox News wesbite story you are referencing...
___

The point of the story wasn't entirely clear; only an excerpt of the speech is included in the video clip.

"It was revealed to me that it's about poor versus those who have," she said, suggesting she had learned that race is less important.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...fficial-admitting-withheld-help-white-farmer/
_____

Despite MediaMatter's attempted spin of events, it would appear the Fox News website was practicing due diligence in explaining that the clip was an excerpt of a speech, who posted the clip, and even went out of its way to note the attempted redemptive quality toward the end of the speech.

Fox was at the outset of a breaking story yet again - and then the Obama White House took a relatively minor story and turned into into a front page story by demanding the woman resign without first fully understanding the details - which adds the most important aspect of the still developing story...the Obama White House is in full knee jerk reactionary mode depicting a thin skin and very poor judgement...

Fox news first reported on the Shirley Sherrod Video and resignation on Bill O'reilly's show at 8:00 pm on July 19th.

Shirley Sherrod was called by the White House during her afternoon drive home and asked to resign, before 5:00pm on July 19th (eastern) when Glenn Beck aired, according to her own words on CNN. In her own words they had her pull over to the side of the road and resign on the spot, before getting home.

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.
Sorry, PP...you are incorrect.

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

Great catch, the earliest I could find was around 5PM.

GOD DAMN
how the fuck did Fox News jump when it all happened before they said anything

____

___

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...fficial-admitting-withheld-help-white-farmer/
_____

Despite MediaMatter's attempted spin of events, it would appear the Fox News website was practicing due diligence in explaining that the clip was an excerpt of a speech, who posted the clip, and even went out of its way to note the attempted redemptive quality toward the end of the speech.

Fox was at the outset of a breaking story yet again - and then the Obama White House took a relatively minor story and turned into into a front page story by demanding the woman resign without first fully understanding the details - which adds the most important aspect of the still developing story...the Obama White House is in full knee jerk reactionary mode depicting a thin skin and very poor judgement...
____

Oh - and make no mistake, the Democrat power structure is shaking their collective heads wondering how in the hell the Obama White House could make such a stupid mistake YET AGAIN...

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

an the twin morons dont understand that foxnation is a BLOG AKA anyone can post on it
god you two are fucking morons

btw, your link doesnt support your claim

It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jul 20, 2010 04:09:54 GMT

04:09:54 Tuesday July 20, 2010 in GMT converts to
00:09:54 Tuesday July 20, 2010 in America/New_York

for those of you that are clearly TIME challenged(ravi and edthemoron) thats about 10 minutes after MIDNIGHT

Last edited:

no...if obama's admin hadn't rushed to judgment, this wouldn't even be a story...

it became a HUGE story because she was fired

I disagree. Had Obama not fired her, you don't think that Fox would not have aired "the clip"? That Bill-O would not have said "Ms. Sherrod must resign immediately?" That Hannity wouldn't have had a panel discussion about the racism in the USDA? That Fox & Friends wouldn't have had a cream-fest with Laura Ingram?

I guess the world will never know...but I would be flabbergasted if Fox had kept this video clip under wraps.

GOD DAMN
how the fuck did Fox News jump when it all happened before they said anything

Did you not see any of the coverage from the evening of 7/19 to mid-day 7/20?

The conclusion that I feel that jumped to was that this woman was a racist and that she was bragging about something that she had done that was racist...and they discussed this fact in depth on every one of their programs. THAT is the conclusion to which I am saying Fox News jumped.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING???

an the twin morons dont understand that foxnation is a BLOG AKA anyone can post on it
god you two are fucking morons

Hilarious that when Ravi first posted the article she tried to play it off like it was FoxNews.com and I pointed out that it was foxnation.com and posted an article from the huffingtonpost talking about the BLOG and ravi ran like hell, but now these two douches have taken up the battle.

FUCK IM SICK OF LIARS.

Speculate all you want - the fact remains Fox News did not mention the story at any lenght until AFTER Sherrod was forced to resign.

The initial story on the website indicated both that the clip was only part of the speech, it was inclear Sharrod's intended meaning with the story, and where the clip was originally posted.

The real fabrication is the slant against Fox News - and the attempted refusal by some that the real story here is the Obama administrations utterly incompetent handling of what should have been a relatively minor story...

____

___

FOXNews.com - Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer
_____

Despite YOUR attempted spin of events, the quote you posted was from the 20th AFTER FOXgossip.com had changed the text to cover their racist asses and get fools like you to swallow it whole. The fact that they changed it id an admission of guilt!!!

Here is how that same part appeared on the 19th:

Sherrod explained in the video that, at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture had referred the white farmer to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see “one of his own” — a white lawyer.

“I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him,” she said.

FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP’s decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism — a charge Tea Party leaders deny

Forum List

Back