Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

If Fox News hadn't jumped to conclusions and had 24 hours of Sherrod the Racist coverage, and if Obama & Friends hadn't jumped to conclusions and flushed a good employee...and if I hadn't jumped to conclusions myself (I saw the clip and thought that she was a racist)...then the only person with egg on his face would Breitbart.
GOD DAMN
how the fuck did Fox News jump when it all happened before they said anything

Did you not see any of the coverage from the evening of 7/19 to mid-day 7/20?

The conclusion that I feel that jumped to was that this woman was a racist and that she was bragging about something that she had done that was racist...and they discussed this fact in depth on every one of their programs. THAT is the conclusion to which I am saying Fox News jumped.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING???
do you understand that that was ALL AFTER SHE WAS ASKED TO RESIGN???????

Great catch, the earliest I could find was around 5PM.
an the twin morons dont understand that foxnation is a BLOG AKA anyone can post on it
god you two are fucking morons

Hilarious that when Ravi first posted the article she tried to play it off like it was FoxNews.com and I pointed out that it was foxnation.com and posted an article from the huffingtonpost talking about the BLOG and ravi ran like hell, but now these two douches have taken up the battle.

FUCK IM SICK OF LIARS.
go look at my edit
it will get even better

It is known that FOXgossip.com had the story posted on line by at least around 5 PM.

____

She resigned by 5:00 p.m., correct?

And here is part of that Fox News wesbite story you are referencing...
___

The point of the story wasn't entirely clear; only an excerpt of the speech is included in the video clip.

"It was revealed to me that it's about poor versus those who have," she said, suggesting she had learned that race is less important.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

FOXNews.com - Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer
_____

Despite MediaMatter's attempted spin of events, it would appear the Fox News website was practicing due diligence in explaining that the clip was an excerpt of a speech, who posted the clip, and even went out of its way to note the attempted redemptive quality toward the end of the speech.

Fox was at the outset of a breaking story yet again - and then the Obama White House took a relatively minor story and turned into into a front page story by demanding the woman resign without first fully understanding the details - which adds the most important aspect of the still developing story...the Obama White House is in full knee jerk reactionary mode depicting a thin skin and very poor judgement...
Despite YOUR attempted spin of events, the quote you posted was from the 20th AFTER FOXgossip.com had changed the text to cover their racist asses and get fools like you to swallow it whole. The fact that they changed it id an admission of guilt!!!

Here is how that same part appeared on the 19th:

Sherrod explained in the video that, at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture had referred the white farmer to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see “one of his own” — a white lawyer.

“I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him,” she said.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP’s decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism — a charge Tea Party leaders deny

I see nothing wrong with even the initial quoted story you reference - it is a factual summary of parts of the initial clip.

That being said, could you please link your source of that initial clip?

Thank you!

HERE is the FOXNEWS.COM story that aired the same time as Breitbart...it amplified the Brietbart story.

I am NOT a liar....;)

they are seeking a response from the naacp and the usda it says, so OBVIOUSLY THEY DID contact them.

0721-originalfoxsherrodstory.jpg

Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear | Media Matters for America
SLAM DUNK, eh?
_____

If you're not a liar - then perhaps you're just stupid????

Within that very story you find this...
_____

The point of the story wasn't entirely clear; only an excerpt of the speech is included in the video clip.

"It was revealed to me that it's about poor versus those who have," she said, suggesting she had learned that race is less important.

_______

It would appear the Fox News website was doing due diligence in explaining both the original source, as well as the example being just an excerpt of the full speech - and the Fox News website even goes out of its way to note the attempted redemptive quality of the speech.

Try again...

look sinatra....everyone on the right has been CLAIMING that FOXNEWS.com did not run the story UNTIL AFTER she was fired....then they blasted Ravi for showing that FOX NATION was all over it and excused such as a blog, NOT Fox News....

ALL I have been saying, yesterday and now is that Foxnews DID run the story BEFORE she was fired and EVERYONE on the rightwing on this site have been DENYING SUCH or they have asked me to PROVE IT...............so that is what i just did.

I had seen it on Fox News.com, but by yesterday, it had been REMOVED....i even made mention yesterday that i could not find it, it had been removed by Fox or i was just too computer illiterate to find it again... people here, accused me of lying or being dishonest....

I don't know if Foxnews.com amplification of the breibart story and requesting a response from the USDA or the NAACP pushed the agri secretary to ask for her resignation....the asst sec of agriculture told sherrod they needed her to resign before Beck's show that afternoon because he supposedly was going to air it....so it appears this is what the usda thought or were told by fox or they just made the whole thing up to get sherrod to resign....I don't know?

BUT what I do know, is that Fox News DID have it on their website, the same timing as breitbart....and those rightwingers saying they DID NOT, are wrong.....simple as that.

care

HERE is the FOXNEWS.COM story that aired the same time as Breitbart...it amplified the Brietbart story.

I am NOT a liar....;)

they are seeking a response from the naacp and the usda it says, so OBVIOUSLY THEY DID contact them.

SLAM DUNK, eh?
_____

_____

_______

It would appear the Fox News website was doing due diligence in explaining both the original source, as well as the example being just an excerpt of the full speech - and the Fox News website even goes out of its way to note the attempted redemptive quality of the speech.

Try again...

look sinatra....everyone on the right has been CLAIMING that FOXNEWS.com did not run the story UNTIL AFTER she was fired....then they blasted Ravi for showing that FOX NATION was all over it and excused such as a blog, NOT Fox News....

ALL I have been saying, yesterday and now is that Foxnews DID run the story BEFORE she was fired and EVERYONE on the rightwing on this site have been DENYING SUCH or they have asked me to PROVE IT...............so that is what i just did.

I had seen it on Fox News.com, but by yesterday, it had been REMOVED....i even made mention yesterday that i could not find it, it had been removed by Fox or i was just too computer illiterate to find it again... people here, accused me of lying or being dishonest....

I don't know if Foxnews.com amplification of the breibart story and requesting a response from the USDA or the NAACP pushed the agri secretary to ask for her resignation....the asst sec of agriculture told sherrod they needed her to resign before Beck's show that afternoon because he supposedly was going to air it....so it appears this is what the usda thought or were told by fox or they just made the whole thing up to get sherrod to resign....I don't know?

BUT what I do know, is that Fox News DID have it on their website, the same timing as breitbart....and those rightwingers saying they DID NOT, are wrong.....simple as that.

care

FoxNation is a fan driven blog you lying dipshit.

Sorry, PP...you are incorrect.

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

:lol:
an the twin morons dont understand that foxnation is a BLOG AKA anyone can post on it

btw, your link doesnt support your claim

It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jul 20, 2010 04:09:54 GMT

04:09:54 Tuesday July 20, 2010 in GMT converts to
00:09:54 Tuesday July 20, 2010 in America/New_York

for those of you that are clearly TIME challenged(ravi and edthemoron) thats about 10 minutes after MIDNIGHT

Hey DumbCon, don't you ever get tired of making a complete FOOL of yourself???? :cuckoo:

That GMT date and time was the date and time if the google cache snapshot, not the date and time of the post on the FOX site.

Look at the date and time of the first comment, fool!!!

Obama Official Resigns After Discrimination Caught on Tape | The FOX Nation

Amazingoly
In this day and age, we cannot permit this type of racial one-sided decision making to continue. This lady needs to step down or get canned.

Monday, July 19, 2010 at 01:41 PM

I am NOT a liar....;)

SLAM DUNK, eh?
_____

_____

_______

Try again...

care

I am not up to speed on your battles with others in here calling you a liar - what I do know is that the story you provided as evidence shows a the Fox News website practicing due diligence - explaining the clip was but part of a speech, indicating uncertainty as to Sharrod's intent, where the clip source was from, and noting the redemptive qualities of the Sharrod speech.

Now if there was an earlier story on the Fox News website that was revised, as some are indicating - fine. That is a very common practice in the news world - particularly the fast-paced news cycle of today. Unfortunately, it appears no link has, or can be provided to that earlier version.

The fact remains that Fox News channel did not report on the issue in any real detail until AFTER Mrs. Sharrod was forced to resign by the Obama administration. The clip was mentioned very briefly on the opinon show of Bill O'Reilly, and then after that the resulting dialogue was dominated by Sharrod's resignation and Sharrod's detailing of how she was forced to do so by the Obama White House.

And so while some are trying to make Fox News the story here- that is misguided, be it intentional or other. The real news story is the complete mishandling of this event by the Obama White House.

How can an administration act so slowly and with seeming indifference for several days to a national disaster in the Gulf, but demand a woman be fired post-haste based on mere speculation that a story is about to break???????

Very-very odd behavior coming out of this Obama adminstration - and THAT is the real story of interest now dominating the Sharrod scandal...

_____

_____

_______

Try again...

care

hey, conhog, that was uncalled for

GOD DAMN
how the fuck did Fox News jump when it all happened before they said anything

Did you not see any of the coverage from the evening of 7/19 to mid-day 7/20?

The conclusion that I feel that jumped to was that this woman was a racist and that she was bragging about something that she had done that was racist...and they discussed this fact in depth on every one of their programs. THAT is the conclusion to which I am saying Fox News jumped.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING???
do you understand that that was ALL AFTER SHE WAS ASKED TO RESIGN???????

:banghead:

I'm done discussing this...no one cares to take a moment and listen to what I have to say while noting what I am NOT saying.

I have a headache....

_____

_____

_______

Try again...

care

I am not up to speed on your battles with others in here calling you a liar - what I do know is that the story you provided as evidence shows a the Fox News website practicing due diligence - explaining the clip was but part of a speech, indicating uncertainty as to Sharrod's intent, where the clip source was from, and noting the redemptive qualities of the Sharrod speech.

Now if there was an earlier story on the Fox News website that was revised, as some are indicating - fine. That is a very common practice in the news world - particularly the fast-paced news cycle of today. Unfortunately, it appears no link has, or can be provided to that earlier version.

The fact remains that Fox News channel did not report on the issue in any real detail until AFTER Mrs. Sharrod was forced to resign by the Obama administration. The clip was mentioned very briefly on the opinon show of Bill O'Reilly, and then after that the resulting dialogue was dominated by Sharrod's resignation and Sharrod's detailing of how she was forced to do so by the Obama White House.

And so while some are trying to make Fox News the story here- that is misguided, be it intentional or other. The real news story is the complete mishandling of this event by the Obama White House.

How can an administration act so slowly and with seeming indifference for several days to a national disaster in the Gulf, but demand a woman be fired post-haste based on mere speculation that a story is about to break???????

Very-very odd behavior coming out of this Obama adminstration - and THAT is the real story of interest now dominating the Sharrod scandal...
_____

And how long before we hear the term "Sharrod-Gate"???

For the White House to act so rashly - something isn't adding up here. They cannot be so utterly incompetent as that...can they????

for those of you that are clearly TIME challenged(ravi and edthemoron) thats about 10 minutes after MIDNIGHT

Hey DumbCon, don't you ever get tired of making a complete FOOL of yourself???? :cuckoo:

That GMT date and time was the date and time if the google cache snapshot, not the date and time of the post on the FOX site.

Amazingoly
In this day and age, we cannot permit this type of racial one-sided decision making to continue. This lady needs to step down or get canned.

then how come the story begins

"The Department of Agriculture official who resigned Monday over a YouTube clip said the White House forced her out without bothering to hear her side of the story. She said a deputy undersecretary "harassed" her with warnings about the attention she was going to receive after the video surfaced showing her telling a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer in trouble."

how the fuck could they say she had resigned when she hadnt at that time

_____

_____

_______

Try again...

care

Hey DUMBASS, if you click on the "READ MORE" at the end of the blog post it takes you to the SOURCE of the post, namely FOXgossip.com!!!!

care

hey, conhog, that was uncalled for

Yes it was, but so is spreading the same god damned lie 50 times in one thread after it has been shown that the fuckign site is a blog. I'm sick of these god damned liars not even acknowledging simple god damned facts, fuck them , they want civility from now on, they can try a little honestly.

The Obama White House demands a woman be fired over a speculative news story????

And demands that firing post-haste - within mere hours in fact???

And some liberals in here are blaming the reporting of the story and not the reactionary Obama administration's demands for her resignation based soley on the speculative outcomes of that speculative story??????

How completely and utterly bereft of common sense and any semblance of rightful judgement...

care

Hey DUMBASS, if you click on the "READ MORE" at the end of the blog post it takes you to the SOURCE of the post, namely FOXgossip.com!!!!

Yes, yes it does, which leads you to a story on Foxnews that was posted on the 20th, the day AFTER she was fired.

FOXNews.com - Forcing Ga. Official to Resign Over YouTube Clip was the Right Call, Agriculture Chief Says

which of course destroys your theory that the story was posted on FoxNews on the 19th.

:lol: That was a failure of epic proportions :lol:

Amazingoly

"The Department of Agriculture official who resigned Monday over a YouTube clip said the White House forced her out without bothering to hear her side of the story. She said a deputy undersecretary "harassed" her with warnings about the attention she was going to receive after the video surfaced showing her telling a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer in trouble."

Because FOX changed the page by the 20th.
Here's how the page read before FOX tried to cover their racist asses.

From the cached page:

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer

We are in possession of a video in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.

In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him, and she admits that she doesn’t do everything she can for him because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs her that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from “one of his own kind.” She refers him to a white lawyer.

Sherrod’s racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement -- hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups’ racial tolerance.

Amazingoly

Because FOX changed the page by the 20th.
Here's how the page read before FOX tried to cover their racist asses.

From the cached page:

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer

We are in possession of a video in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.

In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him, and she admits that she doesn’t do everything she can for him because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs her that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from “one of his own kind.” She refers him to a white lawyer.

Sherrod’s racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement -- hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups’ racial tolerance.

Link or STFU

Yes, yes it does, which leads you to a story on Foxnews that was posted on the 20th, the day AFTER she was fired.

FOXNews.com - Forcing Ga. Official to Resign Over YouTube Clip was the Right Call, Agriculture Chief Says

which of course destroys your theory that the story was posted on FoxNews on the 19th.

:lol: That was a failure of epic proportions :lol:
No DUMBASS, that page was CHANGED on the 20th. it was originally posted on the 19th.
What a moron!!!

*In a whiny voice*

Leave Shirley alone!

*stifling a small whimpering sound*

Who better than a reformed racist to work in a civil rights department?

If she can change, then you can change. (Unless your a Harvard professor or work for the Department of Agriculture.)

Got white farmers?

Forum List

Back