Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

Sorry, PP...you are incorrect.

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

:lol:

Hey stupid, FoxNation is an affiliated opinion site who's stories and such are driven by people who choose to post there, and is in fact NOT FoxNews. Ravi lies again.

The Fox Nation: Fox News Launches New Opinion Site
Immaterial.

Liberal coping 101, when confronted with the depth of your wrongness. Claim it does not matter.

Bill O'reilly on FOX news and Obama both apologized for their lack of diligence. I'll give them both a pass on this one for owning up to their errors. Breitbart I dunno, his pass is revoked.

Uh, you do know Oreilly is going after her right now on his show dont you? Apologized my ass. Now he will probably go back to her third grade teacher to find something.

I guarantee you Fox will go on the attack after this woman because she said Breitbart and fox are racist for what they did and they are.

I feel for her. I really do, but I hope she sues Breitbart out of existence for all this.

Again, fox is going on the attack after her.

Are they REALLY? SHAME ON THEM, if they are...!!!

FOX is responsible for Shirley Sherrod being fired. They are the ones who ran the biased story with an inflammatory edited tape.

This was like a Rorshak test and the obama administration failed. Again. If these clowns were guided by a sense of justice or compassion or morality, they would have tried to find out the truth. Instead, they performed the knee jerk, reactionary, politically motivated firing of an innocent person.

Innocent, at least, of the crime for which she was lynched.

The lying snake that posted the edited video has had his comeupance. O'Reiley apparently has some 'splaining to do. No spin indeed.

Fox News is where I heard about this story on the Brett Bair show and that was totally open in its fullness of coverage. They showed the edited clip, the statements from the NAACP, the full clip and an explanation of the story showing that this lady was both enlightened and growing. A real story of compassion and fairness.

How people reacted to the edited clip is very revealing. Many of the holier than thou Liberals seem to have some warts in the bright lights.

FOX started the whole thing.

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

I swear the absolute hatred for that biased news organization called Fox causes liberals to lose all vestiges of logic. All they can do is go "FOOOOOOOOOCKS NOOOOOOOZZZZZ". Even though they didn't cause a damn thing to make her lose her job.

You're right. Breitbart started it. Now Fox via Ann Coulter is spinning it that Breitbart

So, after realizing that you were wrong, now you're trying to say that Fox is STILL to blame for letting that harpy coulter have her say. Coulter, a non-fox commentator. And you are ignoring ACTUAL Fox commentators who say that what Breitbart did is scum.

You lose all semblance of logic when it comes to FOOOOOOOOOOCKS NOOOOOOOZE....just face it.

Spin all you want, One person is responsible for her being Fired with out all the facts. THE PERSON WHO FIRED HER.

When it happened They claimed Obama made the decision, now they are claiming he didn't even know about it. Say what you want about this story. What has come out of it is more proof Obama makes Knee Jerk Decisions, and is about as transparent as a concrete wall.

FOX News shares responsibility for Shirley Sherrod being fired. They are the ones who ran the inflammatory edited tape.

Sorry bub. There is no such thing as contributory management boneheadedness when firing somebody.

She deserved due process.

The Obama Administration denied it to her. They have only themselves to blame.

The fault lies with taking FOX to be a credible news source. The administration should know better.

That's the whole point about this gang of partisan hacks. They don't.

So, riddle me this. The left calls Fox "Faux News". Obama himself has attacked them as not being trustworthy.

Yet Bill O'Reilly mentions Sherrod and the full force of the Administration turns on a dime to perform a near instantaneous termination of her without making any effort to verify the veracity of something reported on "Faux News"?

What's up with that?

The Obama administration is a bunch of pussies when it comes to Fox News attacks

They need to start treating them as news entertainment rather than a legitimate news agency

Yeah, most cowards tremble when faced with the truth.

FOX is responsible for Shirley Sherrod being fired. They are the ones who ran the biased story with an inflammatory edited tape.

Seriously. Fox has incredibly power to get her fired before they even air the tape. Amazing skills they have. I seriously need to learn their secrets.

Vilzack should be fired. Breitbart should be sued for character defamation and shunned. FOX will continue chugging along spreading lies because no one ever accused them of being ethical.

And Mr. Jealous should look inside his soul and ask himself why he believed what he believed.

FOX started the whole thing.

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

I swear the absolute hatred for that biased news organization called Fox causes liberals to lose all vestiges of logic. All they can do is go "FOOOOOOOOOCKS NOOOOOOOZZZZZ". Even though they didn't cause a damn thing to make her lose her job.

You're right. Breitbart started it. Now Fox via Ann Coulter is spinning it that Breitbart was set up.

They keep the game going because they're in the newsinfotainment arena, not a credible news source.

"The Sherrod story erupted after BigGovernment.com, a website run by conservative activist Andrew Breitbart, posted portions of her speech at an NAACP banquet in March.

Breitbart's story began: "Context is everything." He said he offered "video evidence of racism coming from a federal appointee," and followed with snippets of the speech.

On the video, Sherrod, hired last August as director of rural development for the U.S. Agriculture Department in Georgia, talked about her unwillingness to offer much help to a white farmer when she worked at a non-profit organization 24 years ago.

The story moved from the Internet to Fox News Channel on Monday night.

In seeking her resignation, Sherrod said, a USDA deputy undersecretary told her the story was going to appear on Beck's program late Monday afternoon. Instead, Beck didn't discuss it that day; it first appeared a few hours later on the top-rated prime-time show "The O'Reilly Factor."
AP: Breitbart, Fox News ran with "racism" narrative before knowing the facts | Media Matters for America

Even Media Matters confirms that the story didn't air on Fox until after she was forced to resign. You're own source contradicts what you are arguing.

Bill O'reilly on FOX news and Obama both apologized for their lack of diligence. I'll give them both a pass on this one for owning up to their errors. Breitbart I dunno, his pass is revoked.

Uh, you do know Oreilly is going after her right now on his show dont you? Apologized my ass. Now he will probably go back to her third grade teacher to find something.

I guarantee you Fox will go on the attack after this woman because she said Breitbart and fox are racist for what they did and they are.

I feel for her. I really do, but I hope she sues Breitbart out of existence for all this.

Again, fox is going on the attack after her.

You can be sure that "Fair and balanced" Fox news is pouring over every statement that Sherrod has ever said to prepare for a round two "we were right...she is a racist" attack

They have gotten very good at it through the years

Fox news first reported on the Shirley Sherrod Video and resignation on Bill O'reilly's show at 8:00 pm on July 19th.

Shirley Sherrod was called by the White House during her afternoon drive home and asked to resign, before 5:00pm on July 19th (eastern) when Glenn Beck aired, according to her own words on CNN. In her own words they had her pull over to the side of the road and resign on the spot, before getting home.

YouTube - Shirley Sherrod defends her record

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.

It was on their website, Foxnews.com all day from what I understand though, including the edited clip of the video. Alot of internet traffic on Foxnews.com....

True, she was fired before fox news channel aired it on tv....but THEY did not know such till tuesday, when it was announced....

they still hit on it, with bill oreilly that evening asking for her resignation and the next day, all day long, starting with the morning show....

so, yes their tv programs DID NOT cause the frenzy on her getting fired...but they tried to and even asked for her resignation, and they still continually slandered her for about 24 hours BEFORE the tape they were using got vetted....

but as far as FOXNEWS.com, they were out there with the video on the net, on monday before she was fired...I don't know if that contributed to the frenzy or not?

I think the secretary of agriculture panicked and jumped the gun, and the Obama administration did so as well....they were absolute fools....I don't think the agri secretary should keep his job, even if he was fooled, because in THIS COUNTRY, one is innocent, until PROVEN guilty.

Care

So they didn't know she resigned, despite the fact that the clip with OReilly at 8pm that everyone has been using to condemn them here states clearly and boldly that she resigned?

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.

I have yet to see anyone anywhere claim that Fox News was the reason that she was forced to resign.

I think the majority of the criticism of Fox News is that it took them 24 hours of panel discussions about the newly uncovered rogue racist element in the administration before they showed any evidence that they had investigated the entire story.

Two or three hours I could see. Maybe 4. But 24 hours? That's journalism?

So, riddle me this. The left calls Fox "Faux News". Obama himself has attacked them as not being trustworthy.

Yet Bill O'Reilly mentions Sherrod and the full force of the Administration turns on a dime to perform a near instantaneous termination of her without making any effort to verify the veracity of something reported on "Faux News"?

What's up with that?

The Obama administration is a bunch of pussies when it comes to Fox News attacks

They need to start treating them as news entertainment rather than a legitimate news agency

Yeah, most cowards tremble when faced with the truth.

Are you claiming the Sherrod anti-black propaganda piece is the truth?

You must work for Fox

I have yet to see anyone anywhere claim that Fox News was the reason that she was forced to resign.

I think the majority of the criticism of Fox News is that it took them 24 hours of panel discussions about the newly uncovered rogue racist element in the administration before they showed any evidence that they had investigated the entire story.

Seriously? that's Ill I've seen here the last 2 days.

Then link a specific statement claiming that Fox News was the reason that she was forced to resign.

Then link a specific statement claiming that Fox News was the reason that she was forced to resign.

My bad...I read a little bit above and saw Sky Dancer's claim.

Well...I can only speak for myself, and my grumble with Fox is listed above. I personally don't think she resigned because of Fox

Forum List

Back