Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

FOX started the whole thing.

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

I swear the absolute hatred for that biased news organization called Fox causes liberals to lose all vestiges of logic. All they can do is go "FOOOOOOOOOCKS NOOOOOOOZZZZZ". Even though they didn't cause a damn thing to make her lose her job.

Yup, Breitbart started it, and fox ran with it. They were proud to say they were the first to air that tripe.

Its just disgusting really. Fox and their fans make me sick and this is the perfect example of them not being fair and balanced.

Idiots and idiot fox fans.

Fox didn't report on it until after she was fired.

Fox bears no responsibility for her losing her job.

The fault lies with taking FOX to be a credible news source. The administration should know better.

Exactly.

Bill O'reilly on FOX news and Obama both apologized for their lack of diligence. I'll give them both a pass on this one for owning up to their errors. Breitbart I dunno, his pass is revoked.

I don't give anybody a pass on this one. FOX News intends to inflame. We're in the days of 24/7 news before it's vetted.

The administration overreacted.

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

I swear the absolute hatred for that biased news organization called Fox causes liberals to lose all vestiges of logic. All they can do is go "FOOOOOOOOOCKS NOOOOOOOZZZZZ". Even though they didn't cause a damn thing to make her lose her job.

Yup, Breitbart started it, and fox ran with it. They were proud to say they were the first to air that tripe.

Its just disgusting really. Fox and their fans make me sick and this is the perfect example of them not being fair and balanced.

Fox didn't report on it until after she was fired.

Fox bears no responsibility for her losing her job.

Wasted words I'm afraid, they are on a crusade and the truth doesn't matter one bit.

When did we become a nation where lying through your teeth became not only acceptable, but expected?

Fox news first reported on the Shirley Sherrod Video and resignation on Bill O'reilly's show at 8:00 pm on July 19th.

Shirley Sherrod was called by the White House during her afternoon drive home and asked to resign, before 5:00pm on July 19th (eastern) when Glenn Beck aired, according to her own words on CNN. In her own words they had her pull over to the side of the road and resign on the spot, before getting home.

YouTube - Shirley Sherrod defends her record

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.
Sorry, PP...you are incorrect.

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

:lol:

Bill O'reilly on FOX news and Obama both apologized for their lack of diligence. I'll give them both a pass on this one for owning up to their errors. Breitbart I dunno, his pass is revoked.

I don't give anybody a pass on this one. FOX News intends to inflame. We're in the days of 24/7 news before it's vetted.

The administration overreacted.

Why are you being so dishonest about this?

Fox news first reported on the Shirley Sherrod Video and resignation on Bill O'reilly's show at 8:00 pm on July 19th.

Shirley Sherrod was called by the White House during her afternoon drive home and asked to resign, before 5:00pm on July 19th (eastern) when Glenn Beck aired, according to her own words on CNN. In her own words they had her pull over to the side of the road and resign on the spot, before getting home.

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

Hey stupid, FoxNation is an affiliated opinion site who's stories and such are driven by people who choose to post there, and is in fact NOT FoxNews. Ravi lies again.

The Fox Nation: Fox News Launches New Opinion Site

So, riddle me this. The left calls Fox "Faux News". Obama himself has attacked them as not being trustworthy.

Yet Bill O'Reilly mentions Sherrod and the full force of the Administration turns on a dime to perform a near instantaneous termination of her without making any effort to verify the veracity of something reported on "Faux News"?

What's up with that?

The Obama administration is a bunch of pussies when it comes to Fox News attacks

They need to start treating them as news entertainment rather than a legitimate news agency

And we need to start treating you like a joke rather than as a serious poster. I really thought you had more integrity than most. I considered you one of the few honest left wingers man. But you proved me wrong. You god damned well know FoxNews had nothing to do with having this woman fired or ridiculed.

Are you serious?

What other legitimate news agency Headlined this clip?

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

You're right. Breitbart started it. Now Fox via Ann Coulter is spinning it that Breitbart was set up.

They keep the game going because they're in the newsinfotainment arena, not a credible news source.

"The Sherrod story erupted after BigGovernment.com, a website run by conservative activist Andrew Breitbart, posted portions of her speech at an NAACP banquet in March.

Breitbart's story began: "Context is everything." He said he offered "video evidence of racism coming from a federal appointee," and followed with snippets of the speech.

On the video, Sherrod, hired last August as director of rural development for the U.S. Agriculture Department in Georgia, talked about her unwillingness to offer much help to a white farmer when she worked at a non-profit organization 24 years ago.

The story moved from the Internet to Fox News Channel on Monday night.

In seeking her resignation, Sherrod said, a USDA deputy undersecretary told her the story was going to appear on Beck's program late Monday afternoon. Instead, Beck didn't discuss it that day; it first appeared a few hours later on the top-rated prime-time show "The O'Reilly Factor."
AP: Breitbart, Fox News ran with "racism" narrative before knowing the facts | Media Matters for America

Its not just the Fox News highlighting the story

The Fox News website had the fake clip up within hours of Breitbarts post

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

yeah why don't you go make another Post based on a media matter story which takes someone out of Context.

You seem to like doing that.

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

You're right. Breitbart started it. Now Fox via Ann Coulter is spinning it that Breitbart was set up.

They keep the game going because they're in the newsinfotainment arena, not a credible news source.

"The Sherrod story erupted after BigGovernment.com, a website run by conservative activist Andrew Breitbart, posted portions of her speech at an NAACP banquet in March.

Breitbart's story began: "Context is everything." He said he offered "video evidence of racism coming from a federal appointee," and followed with snippets of the speech.

On the video, Sherrod, hired last August as director of rural development for the U.S. Agriculture Department in Georgia, talked about her unwillingness to offer much help to a white farmer when she worked at a non-profit organization 24 years ago.

The story moved from the Internet to Fox News Channel on Monday night.

In seeking her resignation, Sherrod said, a USDA deputy undersecretary told her the story was going to appear on Beck's program late Monday afternoon. Instead, Beck didn't discuss it that day; it first appeared a few hours later on the top-rated prime-time show "The O'Reilly Factor."
AP: Breitbart, Fox News ran with "racism" narrative before knowing the facts | Media Matters for America

Its not just the Fox News highlighting the story

The Fox News website had the fake clip up within hours of Breitbarts post

And they disclosed in the accompanying article that it was only a clip from a longer video.

The Obama administration is a bunch of pussies when it comes to Fox News attacks

They need to start treating them as news entertainment rather than a legitimate news agency

And we need to start treating you like a joke rather than as a serious poster. I really thought you had more integrity than most. I considered you one of the few honest left wingers man. But you proved me wrong. You god damned well know FoxNews had nothing to do with having this woman fired or ridiculed.

Are you serious?

Before or after she is fired? After I would think any credible News agency would cover it. The whole story that is, not just trying to Blame Fox for some how causing Poor Obama to fire this chick, Oh wait now he says he didn't have anything to do with it.

Wait what?

More lies from Obama.

Are you serious?

A real fast google check showed 215 videos of cnn + sharrod

just as an example.

Only in Bizarro land.

Breitbart started it.

Someone mentions Fox News and leftists go all Islamic Rage Boy. :lol:

rageboy.jpg

HAHAHHA Ravi runs again when I call her out for being a liar.

Calling a blog site the FoxNews site. My God she's a piece of shit. Aren't you lefties ashamed to call her one of your own? Oh wait, most of you are fucking liars as well. MY bad.

FOX is responsible for Shirley Sherrod being fired. They are the ones who ran the biased story with an inflammatory edited tape.

What biased story was that?

Please be specific - an actual clip or transcript would be helpful.

Thank you!

Hey stupid, FoxNation is an affiliated opinion site who's stories and such are driven by people who choose to post there, and is in fact NOT FoxNews. Ravi lies again.

The Fox Nation: Fox News Launches New Opinion Site
Immaterial.

Bill O'Reilly had already been taped. Everyone knew what was coming. No one at Fox kept it a secret. They're so proud of another "gotcha" moment.

The funny thing is it happened so fast, all of Obama's aids say he didn't even know about it. Apparently, he wasn't "blogging", he was working on an oil gusher, BP, unemployment, fighting Republicans who want to destroy the middle class, Iraq, Afghanistan.....

What is WITH you?!?

Seriously. (And I spelled the word out)

Can you NEVER see that sometimes, the folks you count on WILL let you down?

Try living a life, pal.

Try actually interacting with others.

Sometimes,

FOLKS GET IT WRONG.

YOUR folks, AND "our" folks. (I say that 'cuz I disagree with you more than agree)

SOMETIMES, we jump to conclusions.

But GUESS WHAT?

REAL FOLKS ADMIT THAT THEY WERE "HAD" ~

they most assuredly DO NOT just continue to think that,

humph, THEY were "right" for believing lies.

You can Do IT, Pinoch!!!

You, too, can become a Real BOY!!!

And it's oh, so easy.

When you're wrong? Just say it. No one faults you for being fooled. If they DO?

They've proven their own foolishness.

Please. Just think about it. The entire conflabulation of crap that happened, and LOOK at who did what, and when,

and ask this:

WHO could have made it better? Who could have let all of us know the whole thing.

Please do that. Answer it, only for YOURSELF, and go from there.

Last edited:

It was on their website, Foxnews.com all day from what I understand though, including the edited clip of the video. Alot of internet traffic on Foxnews.com....

True, she was fired before fox news channel aired it on tv....but THEY did not know such till tuesday, when it was announced....

they still hit on it, with bill oreilly that evening asking for her resignation and the next day, all day long, starting with the morning show....

so, yes their tv programs DID NOT cause the frenzy on her getting fired...but they tried to and even asked for her resignation, and they still continually slandered her for about 24 hours BEFORE the tape they were using got vetted....

but as far as FOXNEWS.com, they were out there with the video on the net, on monday before she was fired...I don't know if that contributed to the frenzy or not?

I think the secretary of agriculture panicked and jumped the gun, and the Obama administration did so as well....they were absolute fools....I don't think the agri secretary should keep his job, even if he was fooled, because in THIS COUNTRY, one is innocent, until PROVEN guilty.

Care

The fault lies with taking FOX to be a credible news source. The administration should know better.

Exactly.

Uh, you do know Oreilly is going after her right now on his show dont you? Apologized my ass. Now he will probably go back to her third grade teacher to find something.

I guarantee you Fox will go on the attack after this woman because she said Breitbart and fox are racist for what they did and they are.

I feel for her. I really do, but I hope she sues Breitbart out of existence for all this.

Again, fox is going on the attack after her.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back