Sheehan Arrested During Anti-War Protest

The ClayTaurus said:
Also sad is the right's perception of her. She's cleary a mentally unstable person with extreme left viewpoints, most of which are likely a result of people like Michael Moore taking advantage of and propagandazing her.

But all I hear is that she's the mouthpiece for anyone who isn't pro-war. The left has used her to promote their agenda, but the right is using her to discredit ANYONE who is anti-war. She is, to conservatives, a liberal first, and maybe insane (in the actual definition of the word) third or fourth.

Both sides should just let her go off and pound her head against a wall in solitude.

Pshaw ...... the woman is a nightmare. She's basking in the limelight of her 15 minutes that the left has so kindly for her extended way past its time. She's driven her husband off with her antics, so she has nowhere to go back to. Might as well ride it for all it's worth. When the left is done with her and moved on to the next Whacko of the Minute, she'll be alone with nothing. I can't say I feel sorry for her. It will be the result of her own actions.

GunnyL said:
Pshaw ...... the woman is a nightmare. She's basking in the limelight of her 15 minutes that the left has so kindly for her extended way past its time. She's driven her husband off with her antics, so she has nowhere to go back to. Might as well ride it for all it's worth. When the left is done with her and moved on to the next Whacko of the Minute, she'll be alone with nothing. I can't say I feel sorry for her. It will be the result of her own actions.

That is true. Where is her husband in all of this? Surely he grieves over his sons death in the same manor? I only assumed it was a whacko religious custom to mourn a family members death through self absorbed public displays of narcissism in her religion. I guess divorce isnt a problem when your wife decides to take a steaming crap on your son's memory.

insein said:
That is true. Where is her husband in all of this? Surely he grieves over his sons death in the same manor? I only assumed it was a whacko religious custom to mourn a family members death through self absorbed public displays of narcissism in her religion. I guess divorce isnt a problem when your wife decides to take a steaming crap on your son's memory.
i think he divorced her, or was in the process last i heard

Just a couple of thoughts on this :

I think it's worth remembering that Sheehan's son didn't die a couple of months ago. It has been over a year even since she met with President Bush, and had nothing but good things to say. "Time to grieve" means different things to different people, but Sheehan did have a year or so away from camaras and reporters.

Obviously, it was people like George Soros and MoveOn.org that originally made her the poster child for the anti-war movement, and I'm sure that is where the money still comes from. However, Sheehan has become a self fed monster. I think, more than being mentally unstable, she has become a media whore. She likes the fact that her face is out there and everyone knows her name. It a little tough to take someone seriously for being "arrested for their cause" when they are grinning ear to ear as the police carry them away.

Lastly, I wonder how much money is being pumped into this sideshow. Instead of Soros trying to help the families of fallen soldiers, he pours money into this thing, which a lot of people are starting to grow tired of. Meanwhile, I heard on the radio last night, Casey Sheehan still doesn't have a headstone.

Jimmyeatworld said:
she is sad indeed. wanted to ask the President why he hadnt encouraged his daughters to join? thats a riot. let me see... im a female whose dad is the president and rich. im tired of the riches, i wanna join the military. yeah right. until the draft comes back people need to stfu about sending people in political position kids into war. last i knew it was a volunteer military. or did that change?

Johnney said:
she is sad indeed. wanted to ask the President why he hadnt encouraged his daughters to join? thats a riot. let me see... im a female whose dad is the president and rich. im tired of the riches, i wanna join the military. yeah right. until the draft comes back people need to stfu about sending people in political position kids into war. last i knew it was a volunteer military. or did that change?

WWII JFK...from a rich and powerful political family served in the Navy as a Lt.Comd in combat...John McCain another Lt.Comd from a wealthy and powerful family served as a Navy pilot VN...GW's dad Bush41 served as a Navy pilot(Lt) combat WWII...even Al Gore served in VN as a Army Times writer SP4 E-4 he was from a wealthy political family...not really combat but close...the list goes on and on...It would be really nice if todays 'heavies' kids did get their hands dirty from time to time...it surely would prevent any further criticism from the anti-war group...IMO

It's a volunteer army with programs design to help the impoverished, which leads to higher levels of "disadvantaged" Americans. Some would say the disadvantaged should be thankful the government is willing to help them out, some would say the government should find another way to help out the poor that doesn't involve putting them in harms way... it all depends on your mindset.

In general, I think leaders would be a bit more intelligent if they had someone personally involved, instead of just "Americans." And I don't mean that in the "wouldn't go to war kind of way" but rather the "this war would already be over" kind of way.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's a volunteer army with programs design to help the impoverished, which leads to higher levels of "disadvantaged" Americans. Some would say the disadvantaged should be thankful the government is willing to help them out, some would say the government should find another way to help out the poor that doesn't involve putting them in harms way... it all depends on your mindset.

In general, I think leaders would be a bit more intelligent if they had someone personally involved, instead of just "Americans." And I don't mean that in the "wouldn't go to war kind of way" but rather the "this war would already be over" kind of way.

read my post Jessie(race card) Jackson...I think I covered this disadvantaged minority myth!

The ClayTaurus said:
Ok, I did. Now you tell me where I ever mentioned race.

quote"disadvantaged"...in todays military which is volunteer one must have a HS Diploma or above and a clean record(for the most part) therefore that puts them just about middle class give or take a few points...During the Korean and Vietnam war most were also middle class white soldiers who served and died...are you now saying middle class soldiers are disadvantaged?

archangel said:
WWII JFK...from a rich and powerful political family served in the Navy as a Lt.Comd in combat...John McCain another Lt.Comd from a wealthy and powerful family served as a Navy pilot VN...GW's dad Bush41 served as a Navy pilot(Lt) combat WWII...even Al Gore served in VN as a Army Times writer SP4 E-4 he was from a wealthy political family...not really combat but close...the list goes on and on...It would be really nice if todays 'heavies' kids did get their hands dirty from time to time...it surely would prevent any further criticism from the anti-war group...IMO
well yes i have to admit that there are some. but what is that % compared to those that dont? like i said, its volunteer now, there is no draft. thats what i was getting at. cindy i think fails to realize that.
its like that stupid song from system of a down, byob. one of the lyrics is "why do they always send the poor". well guess what if the poor sign up they go, if the rich sign up they go.
one of the things that piss me off about the antis is they have no concept to what the military is. when this war kicked off i remember a news cast that hod a concerned mom on it who stated "my son didnt sign up to go to war". sickening

archangel said:
quote"disadvantaged"...in todays military which is volunteer one must have a HS Diploma or above and a clean record(for the most part) therefore that puts them just about middle class give or take a few points...During the Korean and Vietnam war most were also middle class white soldiers who served and died...are you now saying middle class soldiers are disadvantaged?

You are putting all kinds of words in my mouth.

First, you did not mention where I said race, so please let me know how my previous post lead you to believe that I was talking about race at all.

Second, I'm saying the military can provide you all sorts of assistance that will help you better yourself, assuming you make it out of the military. I never said I thought this was a bad policy. I presented both sides to the argument and you picked a side for me.

Third, most of your post has nothing but your own words to back it up. What's your reasoning for asserting that anyone who graduates highschool is automatically "just about middle class." You say "give or take a few points," what are these points?

Lastly, in regards to Vietnam and most certainly Korea, that was 30+ years ago. To somehow think those enlistment demographics have much relevancy in today's military demographics is a bit... unique. And throwing in the "white" part after middle class brings you back to the whole race thing, which I never brought up, and you still haven't addressed.

EDIT: And lets not forget that Vietnam had a draft... so demographics are even more worthless.

If you'd like to debate something, please refrain from misrepresenting me into that which you want to debate against.

Johnney said:
well yes i have to admit that there are some. but what is that % compared to those that dont? like i said, its volunteer now, there is no draft. thats what i was getting at. cindy i think fails to realize that.
its like that stupid song from system of a down, byob. one of the lyrics is "why do they always send the poor". well guess what if the poor sign up they go, if the rich sign up they go.
one of the things that piss me off about the antis is they have no concept to what the military is. when this war kicked off i remember a news cast that hod a concerned mom on it who stated "my son didnt sign up to go to war". sickening

But the poor sign up more than the rich because the military is structured to benefit the poor much more than the rich. I have no qualms about that, because the people fighting in Iraq so they can go to college when they get back will fight even harder with such potential around the corner.

The ClayTaurus said:
But the poor sign up more than the rich because the military is structured to benefit the poor much more than the rich. I have no qualms about that, because the people fighting in Iraq so they can go to college when they get back will fight even harder with such potential around the corner.
imo, from what i hear on tv and read in the news, people are urked becasue of that fact.

Forum List

Back