Sheehan Arrested During Anti-War Protest

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
shes honoring her son so much.... :rolleyes:

link

WASHINGTON - Cindy Sheehan, the California woman who has used her son's death in
Iraq to spur the anti-war movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan, 48, was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, "The whole world is watching."

Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in an ambush in Sadr City, Iraq, last year. She attracted worldwide attention last month with her 26-day vigil outside
President Bush's Texas ranch.

Sheehan was among several hundred demonstrators who marched around the White House on Monday and then stopped in front and began singing and chanting "Stop the war now!"

The demonstration is part of a broader anti-war effort on Capitol Hill organized by United for Peace and Justice, an umbrella group. Representatives from anti-war groups were meeting Monday with members of Congress to urge them to work to end the war and bring home the troops.

The protest following a massive demonstration Saturday on the National Mall that drew a crowd of 100,000 or more, the largest such gathering in the capital since the war began in March 2003.

On Sunday, a rally supporting the war drew roughly 500 participants. Speakers included veterans of World War II and the war in Iraq, as well as family members of soldiers killed in Iraq.

"I would like to say to Cindy Sheehan and her supporters don't be a group of unthinking lemmings. It's not pretty," said Mitzy Kenny of Ridgeley, W.Va., whose husband died in Iraq last year. The anti-war demonstrations "can affect the war in a really negative way. It gives the enemy hope."

That poor woman has lost her mind. It's incredible how lives can change so drastically over a single event.

The ClayTaurus said:
That poor woman has lost her mind. It's incredible how lives can change so drastically over a single event.
yeah if everyone couldnt get over a death, we would all be in serious trouble.

The ClayTaurus said:

No joke. I've lost five friends (at least) since 9/11/2001, but you don't see me losing my sanity about it.

It is exceedingly sad how quickly the left will glom onto any nutjob that is willing to spout what they want to hear, even ignoring other more insane things she has said.

no1tovote4 said:
It is exceedingly sad how quickly the left will glom onto any nutjob that is willing to spout what they want to hear, even ignoring other more insane things she has said.

Also sad is the right's perception of her. She's cleary a mentally unstable person with extreme left viewpoints, most of which are likely a result of people like Michael Moore taking advantage of and propagandazing her.

But all I hear is that she's the mouthpiece for anyone who isn't pro-war. The left has used her to promote their agenda, but the right is using her to discredit ANYONE who is anti-war. She is, to conservatives, a liberal first, and maybe insane (in the actual definition of the word) third or fourth.

Both sides should just let her go off and pound her head against a wall in solitude.

The ClayTaurus said:
Also sad is the right's perception of her. She's cleary a mentally unstable person with extreme left viewpoints, most of which are likely a result of people like Michael Moore taking advantage of and propagandazing her.

But all I hear is that she's the mouthpiece for anyone who isn't pro-war. The left has used her to promote their agenda, but the right is using her to discredit ANYONE who is anti-war. She is, to conservatives, a liberal first, and maybe insane (in the actual definition of the word) third or fourth.

Both sides should just let her go off and pound her head against a wall in solitude.

You're just flat out wrong. Everyone has expressed their compassion for her PRIOR to her insane antics. She STILL needs to be saved from the left and I would help her in a heartbeat.

dilloduck said:
You're just flat out wrong. Everyone has expressed their compassion for her PRIOR to her insane antics. She STILL needs to be saved from the left and I would help her in a heartbeat.

She needs to be removed entirely from the situation and go through a little grieving. I never said that there was a lack of compassion for her, but the compassion has evolved (man I could use an ID joke so well here) into something else. The criticism is not on Moore or MoveOn or whoever for exploiting her, although the point has occasionally been made, as it should be. This, like most things, could be resolved if Democrats would just criticize the crazies, but then I'd be asking the Democratic party to be a bit self-deprecatory... and we all know how well that works these days.

The woman just needs to be left alone by politics.

bout' time...then again I am a WarHawk(according to Celine)...sigh! :cof:

Abbey Normal said:
I'll bet 40 ACLU lawyers are fighting each other now for the right to represent her. :poop:

I think it was catch and realease. You can't sit around where they attempted to sit. This was her goal, of course, it gets her into the news again.

she will be on Holloween...maybe a 'Mushroom cloud" with 'Tokyo Rose. face mask...CNN would love this protest! :huddle:

r2074446867.jpg
It's fixed
Here's the happy war protester.

Looks like she's done grieving the loss of her son, and found her niche in life.......

Eightball said:
r2074446867.jpg
It's fixed
Here's the happy war protester.

Looks like she's done grieving the loss of her son, and found her niche in life.......

You can see her in all her splendid, patriotic glory now.

Forum List

Back