She Had A Name...Remembering Mary Jo Kopechne.

Its one of the many reasons I reject political parties.

They know they are defending something that is wrong, but they feel compelled to do it because it's 'their side' so they do it anyway.

Unfortunately all i'm hearing from Liberals on this thread is that Ted Kennedy was a fellow Liberal so who cares about Mary Jo Kopechne? Pretty sad & warped thinking. :(

Could you point out on this thread a post where that was said?
I am unable to find it

I can't stand the Kennedy family and even though I wish no ill will on anyone, I'm going to get sick and tired of hearing about what a "champion" he was after about 5 minutes. He and the rest of his family are a joke, handed everything their entire lives and faced zero reprocussions for their indiscretions. He left that woman to die and was only charged with a misdemenor. I mean only a select few can get kicked out of Harvard for cheating....but then be allowed back in only one or 2 years later and graduate. There was his cousin who probably raped a women and his nephew, patrick Kennedy who proudly claimed "he never worked a day in his life" (not to mention being a drunk and drug abuser), or even Joe Patrick K who paralyzed his GF after driving recklessly but was only charged with a misdemeanor

I think it's a shame that the people of Mass continued to give him and anyone else in that family a free pass for such a long time.

Wow, that sounds an awful lot like the bush family. LOL Does your hatred apply to them too?

The Real Ted Kennedy | Quazen

...What is known is that Kennedy got out of the car that was sitting upside down in the channel and Mary Jo Kopechne did not. Kennedy claims he tried to rescue her numerous times, and that he ran to get help. What Kennedy did not do, was notify the authorities of the accident. What he did do was swim across the channel and return to his hotel room in nearby Edgartown where he remained until morning. The first persons to actually notify authorities of the accident were two fishermen - a call was not made until around 8:30 the following morning, the same time witnesses saw Ted Kennedy talking outside his hotel room to other guests regarding the results of the sailing race held the previous day. Kennedy apparently gave no indication of any knowledge of the accident to anyone at the hotel.

http://quazen.com/reference/biography/the-real-ted-kennedy/

Last edited:
Yes it's called a "Tragic Mistake" by Liberals when a Democrat kills a young girl but what would these same Liberals call it if he were a Republican? Would the Liberal Media be fawning all over that Republican today? Something to ponder i guess.

Cheney, as Vp. gets drunk and then shoots a friend in the face while hunting what is the equivalent of tame animals on a ranch and you righties make lame excuses and presume innocence. However, you fail to have the same standard for kennedy. Why is that?? Hmm?

BTW I noticed while flipping the channel earlier that the 700 club, on the "news program" that they present, was talking very positively about kennedy. Eh, they must be part of the liberal media too. LOL

If he were a Republican i can assure you that her name would be all over the Liberal MSM today. Liberal Media outlets like CNN,NY Times,CBS,and NBC would be analyzing every aspect of her life and death 24/7. Yet not a peep out of them about Mary Jo's life and death today. How sad. :(

Not a peep? Really? I've seen it mentioned at least 5 out of the 6 times I've tuned into CNN since yesterday morning.

Unfortunately all i'm hearing from Liberals on this thread is that Ted Kennedy was a fellow Liberal so who cares about Mary Jo Kopechne? Pretty sad & warped thinking. :(
Really? Please link to that.

All I've seen on this thread is an asshole that must hate the poor woman so much that he continues to use her as a tool of hatred forty years after her death.

You are an asshole.

Yes it's called a "Tragic Mistake" by Liberals when a Democrat kills a young girl but what would these same Liberals call it if he were a Republican? Would the Liberal Media be fawning all over that Republican today? Something to ponder i guess.

No reason to exert yourself, libbie. The most liberal of the liberal MSM gives that guy his own morning talk show. Of course, Joe's staffer didn't drown. Same difference.

And before you start squawking, I like Scarborough and his show. What happened years ago is a mystery to which I have no answers, and is between him and his Maker. How much more so Kennedy?

Give it a rest, we all got fed up with your dozen or so bile-dripping Mary Jo threads on the old MSNBC boards. What happened to her was tragic, and Ted paid for it with his failure to win the job he really wanted and could never have. It was also 46 years ago and shrouded in urban legend.

It's time to let them both rest in peace.

Good grief....the truth is that Ted Kennedy was drunk,

Can you PROVE that?

he drove his car into a lake,

Actually it was a tidal pond. Not a lake.

he got out and left Mary Jo to DIE.

Actually according to his testimony he tried to dive down several times and even walked to get help and then other tired as well.

He walked passed dozens of houses on his way back to the party to get his brothers.

Actually it was only four houses but you have been predominantly wrong thus far so why stop now. Oh and it wasn't his brothers but at least you admit that he did try to get help and didn't "leave her there to die"

Mary Jo lived in an air pocket for an hour after the car went into the lake.

Actually that is not a known fact, that is an assumption made by the diver but there is no way for him to know for certain but you go ahead and present assumption as fact. LOL

Had he gone to the first house and called the cops, she would have survived.

WOW, more assumption presented as fact. how typical.

Then he swam to the mainland and put in an appearance at the hotel bar as an alibi.

Alibi?? LOL So not only do you know exactly what happened when you weren't there and the best you have to offer are assumptions but you also can read the mind of a dead man and state with certainty that he swam back to the mainland and went to his hotel as an "alibi"? LOL

The Kennedy family paid Mary Jo's family over $100,000 not to have an autopsy performed, saying that it would prove they'd had sex and would ruin her reputation. Not a word about Teddy's reputation.....

Oh really?? LOL WOW you guys really are out there on this one.

What a surrealistic thread.

So from now on, fatboi the swimmer gets a pass because chimp's wife was a rotten driver, is that the new narative?

No, it's actually more along the lines of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

How can you honestly be critical of the left when you give a pass to the right for similar transgressions??

You know, it's kind of like the right making such a huge deal about perjury, which clinton did NOT commit and then when scooter libby was found GUILTY of perjury these same righties had a different standard for one of their own and his punishment was too harsh.

Ted Kennedy was probably the greatest U.S. Senator that ever held office. He was clearly the leader of the Democratic party for decades. He worked tirelessly to combat the evil which the right sought to inflict upon our country. He will be sorely missed and, at least for the moment, impossible to replace.

No, it's actually more along the lines of "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

How can you honestly be critical of the left when you give a pass to the right for similar transgressions??

You know, it's kind of like the right making such a huge deal about perjury, which clinton did NOT commit and then when scooter libby was found GUILTY of perjury these same righties had a different standard for one of their own and his punishment was too harsh.
I don't play left/right games, and what you are attempting is an absurd moral equivency scenario.

Fatboy drove off a road, left a girl to die and went home, only bothering to report it 8 hours later AFTER her body had been found.

There is no defense of that, only a fool would attempt to say you can criticise it.

Kennedy was a first class turd, not a hero, not a good man, a genuine lump of shit walking.

Ted Kennedy was probably the greatest U.S. Senator that ever held office. He was clearly the leader of the Democratic party for decades. He worked tirelessly to combat the evil which the right sought to inflict upon our country. He will be sorely missed and, at least for the moment, impossible to replace.

LMAO......the bold part.....the right sought to inflict......got it.....the right looks to change things....spot on......

Where do you guys come up with this crap?

Troll.

Strom Thermond had sex with a fifteen year old. I bet you don't know her name or the name of their child.

Asshole.

what does strom have to do with Teddy?

Are your reading comprehension skills really that bad or are you just having trouble keeping up??

This line came along to follow libocalypse' assumption based statement about people not knowing her name as if that is anything major, so to claim that people on the right probably don't know the name of strom's victim is a fair direction to take the argument. Especially considering where it began.

I am not a republican

That being said; Ted Kennedy was a political hack and a total puke.

His agenda and stances were about as anti-American as they come.

It will take decades to repair the damage he inflected on this country.

Whew!

14 times you made the same claim on just this thread
Are you going for a record ?

Or is it just your alzheimers kicking in and you don't realize you already posted this

Yeah, he did the same thing on the msnbc boards. He doesn't debate. He just parrots the same moronic BS over and over again because he os one of those who believes that the more often something is repeated the more true it becomes.

Facts are of no concern to him and you notice this based on the fact that he has been parroting his comments about the "liberal media" as he ignores the fact that she has been mentioned and talked about.

libo is just as worthless on this board as he was on the other one.

Forum List

Back