"She doesnt know anything": tutor for Palin

LOL, how dumb can Palin be, she is going on the one news program that makes more money than CnnPmsnbcabcnbccbs combined..for sure she is dumb..:lol:

In the last year for which financial records are available, 2007, Fox News made $347 million dollars profit, CNN made $337 million dollars profit, MSNBC made $108 million dollars profit.

Not even counting the hundreds of millions brought in by NBC News (~$400 million in 2008), which makes more than any of the 24 hour networks, or ABC and CBS which make more than MSNBC but less than Fox and CNN, it's clear that your "[Fox is] the one news program that makes more money than CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS combined" is way, way off.

They make a little bit more than CNN, the only 24 hour station to make most of their money from ad revenue rather than service subscriptions. I know they play up the fact that they make the most of the 3 similar platform stations, but let's not go overboard with the hyperbole.

Last edited:
At the time it was (palin was running for VP) happening I found it to be some scary shit, Imagine someone like that having the nucleair arsenal in her hands (she doesn't even know where certain nations are on the map, Imagine her giving the order to hit south korea instead of north korea with a nucleair bomb because she doesn't understand the difference) ...

Now reading this again about her makes me shiver (thinking about the possibility of her being president, her having control over nuclear weapons).

I sincerely hope not many americans are as stupid (or I hope they re doing it as a joke) as the ones here on the forum who would still vote for her ...

Excuse me--our military will delay the orders to nuke an ally.

On the other hand, our military will delay the orders to nuke a feeble enemy. Usage of Nuclear weapons is over kill--save those for the Russians and the Chinese. Not for something as pathetic as North Korea or Iran. Do not let these immature chest thumpers scare you. That is just apart of their propaganda.

I don't know why it's such a big revelation that palin didn't know anything. they said in 2008 that she needed tutors for the debate. *shrug*

Palin assigned foreign policy tutors for debate

Experts help brief VP nominee as she hits campaign trail

By Michael Abramowitz and Juliet Eilperin | The Washington Post
ST. PAUL, Minn. - Sen. Joseph Lieberman is among several national security experts helping brief Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin on foreign policy issues as she prepares to hit the campaign trail while cramming for a debate with her Democratic opponent, Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., in less than a month, according to McCain campaign officials.

Lieberman, a political independent from Connecticut and the 2000 Democratic vice presidential nominee, has helped introduce Palin to officials of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, also known as AIPAC, the leading pro-Israel lobby. In a meeting Tuesday, the day before she delivered her prime-time address at the Republican National Convention here, Palin assured the group of her strong support for Israel, of her desire to see the United States move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and of her opposition to Iran's aspirations to become a nuclear power, according to sources familiar with the meeting.

The exchange offered a brief glimpse into the views of the one-term governor of Alaska, who has virtually no record on foreign policy and has not traveled extensively outside the United States. As governor, she made two foreign trips last summer, one of which was to Canada. On the second, sponsored by the Pentagon, she traveled to Kuwait and Germany - along with a short stop at a "military outpost" in Iraq - to visit members of the Alaska National Guard deployed there, according to Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella. Comella added that Palin may have visited Mexico on a personal trip.

Palin assigned foreign policy tutors for debate - Juneau Empire

For Frank:

Primary System:

There are 50 states
Then there is DC
Then we have:

American Samoa
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands

That makes 56, then there is the dual caucus/primary in Texas.

That equals 57.

You're welcome.

For Frank:

Primary System:

There are 50 states
Then there is DC
Then we have:

American Samoa
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands

That equals 57.

You're welcome.

OK, so now you're saying that Obama didn't misspeak and mean to say 47? Now you're telling me that the flag is 7 stars short?

American Samoa
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands

How many delegates do they get?

They have soooo little facts to use to complain about Obama.

They have to stretch every little tid bit they have.

For Frank:

Primary System:

There are 50 states
Then there is DC
Then we have:

American Samoa
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands

That equals 57.

You're welcome.

While this may be true, it's not really relevant.

That's clearly not what Obama meant. He hadn't been to all those places and says as much. He wasn't talking about every contest in the country, rather the places he'd visited over the last 15 months on the campaign trail.

He started to say he'd been to every state, then corrected himself midway and because his comment was interrupted by a stutter/realization in the middle, then clarified immediately afterward in the next sentence. He had one more contiguous state left and had not been to Alaska or Hawaii.

He'd been to 47 states.

He didn't say "57 states" even. He said "50-" followed by a long pause and then "-7" and the second he realizes he's made a mistake, clarifies that there are 3 states he hasn't been to, i.e. 47.

One could even argue he was being hyperbolic for humor's sake initially, and it does get a laugh, like he's exaggerating for effect, but I think the fact that he immediately rights his comment makes it clear he just began to misspeak and corrected himself midway.

Either way, it requires being disingenuous to watch that video and think "Barack Obama thinks there are 57 U.S. states"

The Biden FDR/TV thing is much more of a statement of inaccurate knowledge/misunderstanding. If you're gonna harp on something, at least use something that makes sense to harp on.

Last edited:
She thought that Sadam did 911 folks.

This is who you will support for president.

She is over 40 years old and thought Sadam did 911.

What is this fasination with stupid people for president that the right has?

You really don't know what ANYONE thinks. The only way you can know that is to be able to read their thoughts. All you know is what someone else who can't read someone else's thoughts said she thinks.

:lol:

Why do American "conservatives" feel as if they have to support this woman? She's quite stupid.

You really don't know what ANYONE thinks. The only way you can know that is to be able to read their thoughts. All you know is what someone else who can't read someone else's thoughts said she thinks.

:lol:

really? you can't tell what someone is thinking by what they say?

FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

Palin Links Iraq to Sept. 11 In Talk to Troops in Alaska - washingtonpost.com

Obamaroids agree: the flag is 7 stars short. Obama can't be wrong, USA has 57 states.

I learn so much from the Internet

I suppose 7 would be a nice number to add....

Afghanistan
Iraq
Iran
Mexico
Canada
Yemen
Somalia

melty melty......

Obamaroids agree: the flag is 7 stars short. Obama can't be wrong, USA has 57 states.

I learn so much from the Internet

Again, you're being dishonest and disingenuous.

What I offered is not only extremely plausible, but the most straightforward objective reading of the videotape.

Do you disagree with the following, which is on tape for all of us to see:

Obama says he's "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 50." Then he pauses for 3 seconds, a pregnant pause. His eyes go to the corner of his head as if recalling where he's been or he's realized he's already said too many. Hesitantly he continues "-7 states. I think one left to go." He gets a laugh from the audience and smiles. Then, clarifying says "One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii I was not allowed to go to, even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."?

Is that not what happens? We are all familiar with speech patterns, body language, etc. We can all see the exact same thing happening.

Here it is again: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws[/ame]

If that is what happens, then you can't seriously claim it indicates Obama thinks there are 57 American states (nor is he saying anything about contests, just where he visited and he did not visit American Samoa, Guam, etc). Especially considering he IMMEDIATELY explained that he'd been to 47. By even the distorters' rationale, he would think there are 60.

If that is not what happens, please, explain how you interpret the video?

Again, I don't even understand why people would attempt to blow up what's so obviously an innocent and swiftly corrected misstatement when the VP of the Admin they despise actually made a factual blunder, mixing up the history of both when T.V. was introduced (which is harmless and unimportant and easy to forgive as meaning "talked to the American people" or even not knowing when T.V. came out, which doesn't effect one's ability govern) and who was President when the stock market crashed (a far more significant mangling of an important 20th century event that does reflect poorly on Biden and his knowledge of political history, which is key to making political decisions).

You've got an easy target that you can legitimately mock, why bother pretending something so obviously harmless is some big smoking gun?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back