“Sharia tourism” growing stronger with Muslim travelers

Good business people will recognize the market and work with it. If muslims don't want to share common facilities and alternatives are available, by all means, and welcome to them. Too bad this country is such a cesspit of stupidity. If a business wants to cater to smokers, for instance, they should be permitted to. You don't like smoking, you don't like muslims, or whatever else, don't patronize an establishment that caters to them.
Easy-peasy...

Americans are welcome to travel in Egypt and China. But thy don't supply us with toilet paper.

But your point is tkaen. You don't like getting raped and fisted and have someone try to pull your scalp and limbs off for an hour like Laura Logan, don't visit an islamic theocracy. I never will again!

Where in China were you?

I've been to Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taipei..

Very modern and very western.

If you go outside the cities..it does get very "native".

But the same thing happens in some parts of the US.

Good point, in California there are patches of the state that resemble West Virginia. Anyone who doesn't believe me should visit Lompoc or any small town in Central California, its a no mans land.

Sunshine -

Well, I've been to all of the countries we've mentioned on this thread so far, so have a fair idea about how risky they are.

Have you?

And you didn't even know where you were. That speaks volumes.

Wonderful posting again, Sunshine!!

Perhaps when you get around to visiting countries like Nicaragua, Peru and Bolivia yourself, you'll have something useful to say about both where they are - and how safe they are. :razz:

I guess I can understand wanting to stay in a familiar environment, but if my usual routine in the States is to drink malt liquor, go to strip clubs, eat hot wings and watch NBA Basketball, why should I go to Norway and drink malt liquor, go to strip club, eat hot wings and watch NBA Basketball? I thought people traveled to see different things and for new experiences? :confused:

Because the blondes in Norway..are real blondes.

:cool:

Oh I bet, Scandinavian women are very beautiful.

Americans are welcome to travel in Egypt and China. But thy don't supply us with toilet paper.

But your point is tkaen. You don't like getting raped and fisted and have someone try to pull your scalp and limbs off for an hour like Laura Logan, don't visit an islamic theocracy. I never will again!

Where in China were you?

Good point, in California there are patches of the state that resemble West Virginia. Anyone who doesn't believe me should visit Lompoc or any small town in Central California, its a no mans land.

Yup.

Sunshine -

Well, I've been to all of the countries we've mentioned on this thread so far, so have a fair idea about how risky they are.

Have you?

Perhaps when you get around to visiting countries like Nicaragua, Peru and Bolivia yourself, you'll have something useful to say about both where they are - and how safe they are. :razz:

I've been to Guatemala. We stayed at some pretty neat but "native" hotels. The only big differences I found was 1. you can't drink the water 2. you can't flush the toilet paper down the toilet 3. no t.v.

I've been to Guatemala. We stayed at some pretty neat but "native" hotels. The only big differences I found was 1. you can't drink the water 2. you can't flush the toilet paper down the toilet 3. no t.v.

Guatemala can be seriously dodgy, depending on what is happening politically. During the Rios Montte years people were disappearing left, right and centre. Not tourists generally, but students, political acitivists and so forth.

Guatemala City is not a place to wnader around at night, although I think most other towns are safe enough.

I know what you mean with those "native" hotels - I had a few that had no glass in the windows, no electricity and no plumbing!!

Good business people will recognize the market and work with it. If muslims don't want to share common facilities and alternatives are available, by all means, and welcome to them. Too bad this country is such a cesspit of stupidity. If a business wants to cater to smokers, for instance, they should be permitted to. You don't like smoking, you don't like muslims, or whatever else, don't patronize an establishment that caters to them.
Easy-peasy...

Where in China were you?

Hong Kong and Beijing. We went to a rural clinic in a farming community outside Beijing, but without getting the stuff about it out, I can't recall the name of it. It was cool, though. They shot off the kind of fireworks that are illegal in this country directly over our heads. I dined in the home of a doctor. His apartment was just like those in our projects except it didn't have a bathroom. Neither did the clinic. And it looked like the 1930s in America. But Beijing University Hospital is ultra modern, western medicine and all. Traditional Medicine hospital was cool. Military Hospital looked like a VA in America, and Women's and Childrens' Hospital was very quaint. The laundry was hanging on the line. Quite a disparity in levels of care there. Sights were cool.

Sunshine -

Have you?

Until then, nothing you say is of any value. If you didn't know you were in Central America, then you likely didn't even know what country you were in. You must have been traveling with TM in a shared cannabis stupor!

Guatemala can be seriously dodgy, depending on what is happening politically. During the Rios Montte years people were disappearing left, right and centre. Not tourists generally, but students, political acitivists and so forth.

Guatemala City is not a place to wnader around at night, although I think most other towns are safe enough.

I know what you mean with those "native" hotels - I had a few that had no glass in the windows, no electricity and no plumbing!!

Had a great time.

Even ran into "Stormin Norman" from "The Kingsman".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cec1JInytH0]Louie Louie - The Kingsmen - YouTube[/ame]

He's the guy playin' the guitar.

Where in China were you?

Hong Kong and Beijing. We went to a rural clinic in a farming community outside Beijing, but without getting the stuff about it out, I can't recall the name of it. It was cool, though. They shot off the kind of fireworks that are illegal in this country directly over our heads. I dined in the home of a doctor. His apartment was just like those in our projects except it didn't have a bathroom. Neither did the clinic. And it looked like the 1930s in America. But Beijing University Hospital is ultra modern, western medicine and all. Traditional Medicine hospital was cool. Military Hospital looked like a VA in America, and Women's and Childrens' Hospital was very quaint. The laundry was hanging on the line. Quite a disparity in levels of care there. Sights were cool.

Heh..sounds like you were doing the "missionary" thing.

:eusa_angel:

What are you supposed to do with the toilet paper?:confused:

What are you supposed to do with the toilet paper?:confused:

Waste basket.

You wrap it up first.

I hate those toilets where you can't flush the paper. Particularly the basket sitting next to it.

It invariably seems that the guy who went in before me had some serious diarrhea.

Where in China were you?

Heh..sounds like you were doing the "missionary" thing.

:eusa_angel:

Nursing conference. Egypt too, was a nursing conference. I got to be a presenter at the one in Beijing. The nursing shortage in Egypt is devastating. As soon as they graduate from school, their nurses go to Saudi where they can make some money.

Easy-peasy...

Hell, we already send plenty of our money over to those rathole countries, or should I say, our government confiscates plenty of our money to send to them. Why anyone in their right mind would want to visit places like that and spend any cash...
What happened to Laura Logan should have raised some kind of objection from our so-called leaders, what has been done to many of our citizens should have. But what do you expect when our so-called leaders would rather sit and watch (or listen to) embassy staff being murdered in the streets than order some action that might have saved their lives.

Forum List

Back