Shadow Banking - A Federal Reserve study

Discussion in 'Economy' started by editec, Nov 29, 2011.

1. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Found this paper by Zoldan Poszar, published by the FEDERAL RESERVE, that I think a few of us here, might find of interest.

http://www.newyorkfed.org/research/staff_reports/sr458.pdf

I haven't had time to study it (I found it as a tangential leap from another paper I was studying and want to complete that train of reading) but I suspect that the MAP of the shadow banking might be particularly of interest to those of us who are not entirely conversant with the banking industry that exists today.

Hopefully I can get back to this to make some comments or perhaps folks like TORO or George Phillips (and others of like minds who are truly interested in discussions about ECON) might beat me to the punch and weight in with their thoughts about this paper.

FWIW this paper makes me wish I had a large scale printer so I could study this chart in a large enough scale to take it all in at once, rather than having to shift the monitor to see it only part by part.

STill, for someone like myself, (mostly cluelsss about the mechanics of our curent banking system) this ought to be a nice introduction to the BANKING WORLD as it exists today.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    It's a map of who really runs this country.