Seven in 10 Americans want alternatives to public schools

Read my post #15.

I read that post, a couple of follow up questions:

1] On average, how many times per year to you get physically assaulted by a student? ...
2] Do you spend your own money for supplies? ... if so, do you claim the $300 tax credit? ...
3] On average, what percentage of parents belong to the PTA? ...

Thanx in advance ...

Everyone is wired different- is that a bumper sticker slogan? Manifest Destiny was- the only good Indian is a dead Indian was-
Better dead than red was- the axis of evil was- the war on drugs is- the war on poverty is- man made climate change is-
There is NO one size fits all anything- mandates assume there are- assume being key ass- u - me- BTW, the bumper stickers people make- where did they get their education from?

This is why parents need to be the primary educators on our public education system ... who knows the child's educational needs better? ... schools are great at presenting the educational materials, but then we expect the schools to be responsible for making sure the children learn ... my God, today we expect our schools to feed the children, teach them to brush their hair and teeth ... clothe them ... where the hell are the parents? ... working 12 hour days and bitching about high taxes ...

Nobody's stopping you from sending your kids to private schools.

The private school administrators stop me from sending my kids to private school ... they can call the police and have me arrested for trespassing ... so there's a lot of people stopping me ... why didn't you know this? ...

Private schools are magical and absolve me of any involvement ... I never knew that, I could be completely dismissive of my child's school work and he'll still perform well, just because he's in a private school ...

Or do you mean a boarding school, actually pay someone else to raise my child? ...

So what is intellectually challenging? Bumper sticker slogans don't solve the problem.
Everyone is wired different- is that a bumper sticker slogan? Manifest Destiny was- the only good Indian is a dead Indian was-
Better dead than red was- the axis of evil was- the war on drugs is- the war on poverty is- man made climate change is-
There is NO one size fits all anything- mandates assume there are- assume being key ass- u - me- BTW, the bumper stickers people make- where did they get their education from?

I love it that your reading comprehension skills are so poor that you spent all of that time agreeing with me, and din't even realize it!

The private school administrators stop me from sending my kids to private school ... they can call the police and have me arrested for trespassing ... so there's a lot of people stopping me ... why didn't you know this? ...

You do realize that you have to pay them?

We issued laptops to the students in a couple of my schools, but usually less than half the class had them at any one time because they either:
a) forgot and left them at home,
b) forgot to charge them so they were dead as a door nail,
c) dropped them and broke the screen and couldn't use it,
d) had it in the school repair shop.
e) had it loaded down with some much malware that it was slower than fog off of shit on a cold day

Schools barely give books, but copybooks, pencils, rulers, etc are the responsibility of the parents.

How the heck the school gives lap tops "to go" to students? They are underage people, they are minors, even if they sign a paper promising to pay for the broken lap top, their signature value is ZERO.

Schools can provide lap tops at the classroom, for those devices stay in the classroom.

Here the dumbest is found in teachers given expensive devices to students who won't care about them.

Look, I did work visiting lots of homes, and I laughed all the time when I saw the children coming from school. Right at the front door of the building, the broke their pencils and threw them away. After getting into their home, the mother asking them if they had homework, and they said "yes"... "yes, but I don't have pencils and I will do it at school tomorrow" ha ha ha ha

You can't beat that... and the same those students will do with your laptop. Lol

At parent teacher conferences, we held them in the afternoon and evening so all parents would have the opportunity to attend. The only parents who showed up were the parents of kids who were doing fine and had no problems. If parents showed up during the day, we met with them during our planning time as required. Usually the inquiry was about why their student failed and to chew on my ass for not keeping them informed, despite their having access to my grade book on-line, and e-mailing them progress reports every 4 and 1/2 weeks.

Sadly, you are right with that.

But there are also teachers who need training when talking with parents.

One day I went to my younger son school, because every time I asked him at home what he did at school, he responded me "I don't know". He didn't bring homework, and I had to check what he did by checking his school copybooks.

When I asked his teacher if he noticed any rare behavior with my son, if he is distracted, playing in class, doing something else, the teacher asked me for the name of the student again. I repeat my son's name, and the teacher said:

"-Oh,... he is fine, ha!... if you see how the others are...."

I hold my laughs, that teacher was nuts. I went to talk about my child, not about the others.

I was once called in by my principal and threatened with being fired because parents complained that I was not keeping them updated as to their student's grades. My union representative attended the meeting and I had copies of all the progress reports I had sent home by the students on a weekly basis! My principal looked like he wanted to find a hole to crawl in when I embarrassed the hell out of him. He decided not to renew my teaching contract at the end of the year for absolutely no reason, simply because he could. I did NOTHING wrong. As a former high school administrator who went back to the classroom, he realized that I played the game better than he did.

If going home they break their pencils in order to avoid doing homework, is not news these students will also throw on the streets your weekly reports.

Virtually all of my students in one school lived with either one or none of their parents. When I had both a mother and father attend a conference, I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming. Many students were being raised by elderly parents because Mom and Dad had custody removed because they were in jail or habitual drug offenders. If grandma, wasn't available, it was usually the Mom's younger sister who got stuck with her bastard crotch goblins and she had a life of her own, and no time for the kids.

Yup. I truly don't think Education reform is needed, what is needed is Social reform.

I had students at my last high school whose lofty goal in life was to quit school as soon as they could, so they could be a van driver for the local Amish population, because they paid well and had great working hours. Many followed Dad into that business when growing tobacco became untenable.

Is that sufficient, because I have 21 years of hate and discontent that I can provide if you really want it?

You are lucky they look towards decent jobs. Someone must drive those trucks anyway.

I was working for a government agency when three young fellows approached me because they saw the ID card on my shirt. They asked me how they can apply for a job with the government.

I asked them what do they do, what trade or studies do they have. They told me high school and no diploma.

I told them to go to such and such building, fill up their applications, look for a job like janitor or laborer, and from that point, they can later on start helping someone and learn a trade inside the agency. They will be offered training as well, and they can have a good job after a few years.

They told me "no".

-"We are looking for the other job. The one you can drive a truck, park in a solitary street and sleep for hours over there..."

You do realize that you have to pay them?

You used the word "nobody" ... that has a specific definition ... perhaps you meant "Nobody's stopping The Elite from sending their kids to private schools." ... and you'd be right, children from wealthy families tend to be better behaved, better supplied with better parenting (even if it's the nanny doing that job) ... it's not like The Elite are paying taxes anyway, what do they care about public education? ...

I got a great education out of public school ... I tried ... single mom was too busy to help much ... mainly I didn't want to have to pull weeds all my life like I was doing every summer ...

Trump needs to put someone in place that will totally revamp the whole system. Get Saudi common core out and advanced curriculum in, superior to what the Asians are having so much success with. Adopt a strong policy of forbidding any form of politics in class rooms. Our children need to know math and science, not your political affiliation. Instead of Planned Parenthood lectures and tranny dance move day, and gender confusion class, use the time to teach our children how to read, how to write, and how to think for themselves.
Parents, this is your war front. And you are losing badly...

Saudi Common Core? WTF is that?

You do realize that Common Core went away years ago, despite it just being a set of standards as to what kids need to know how to do?

How do you teach history, economics, and politics without discussing politics?

If parents are losing badly it is because they believe crap like the BS you just posted.

There are losing badly because they are ignorant of the facts. You are equally ignorant.

Globally, Common Core originated from the “One World Education” concept, a global goal orchestrated by the Connect All Schools program. Its origin is funded by the Qatar Foundation International (QFI). The director of QFI’s Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics is Tariq Ramadan, grandson of Muslim Brotherhood founder, Hassan al-Banna.
Read all about it:
Common Core ties to Libya, Qatar, Saudi Arabia

Read my post #15.

I read that post, a couple of follow up questions:

1] On average, how many times per year to you get physically assaulted by a student? ...
2] Do you spend your own money for supplies? ... if so, do you claim the $300 tax credit? ...
3] On average, what percentage of parents belong to the PTA? ...

Thanx in advance ...

My answer:

1) I have scars where I have been attacked by female students with fingernails. Because I am quite a large male, most students stayed clear of me. However, in some of my schools, not a week would go by without a teacher being physically attacked in some way. In other schools it never happened.

2) The tax credit was $200.00 - $250.00 during my time, and I usually exceeded that in just purchases at the beginning of school. A printer cartridge set for my printer was over $100.00 and I usually had to use at least three sets per year. Individual printers were rarely supplied to teachers or functioned at all.

3) What PTA? I taught in 8 school districts in two states and for the DoD. There never was a functioning parent-teacher organization or parent-teacher-student organization.

Trump needs to put someone in place that will totally revamp the whole system. Get Saudi common core out and advanced curriculum in, superior to what the Asians are having so much success with. Adopt a strong policy of forbidding any form of politics in class rooms. Our children need to know math and science, not your political affiliation. Instead of Planned Parenthood lectures and tranny dance move day, and gender confusion class, use the time to teach our children how to read, how to write, and how to think for themselves.

You do realize that Common Core went away years ago, despite it just being a set of standards as to what kids need to know how to do?

If parents are losing badly it is because they believe crap like the BS you just posted.

There are losing badly because they are ignorant of the facts. You are equally ignorant.

Globally, Common Core originated from the “One World Education” concept, a global goal orchestrated by the Connect All Schools program. Its origin is funded by the Qatar Foundation International (QFI). The director of QFI’s Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics is Tariq Ramadan, grandson of Muslim Brotherhood founder, Hassan al-Banna.
Read all about it:

All that article proves is that the writer is unfamiliar with Common Core and tries to make an association that is not there. The article is idiotic fake news.

I taught Common Core math and social studies. Show me the standard requiring such actions as described in the article.

neither trump nor the fed gov have any authority to be involved in education,,,

its a local issue

Common Core is still generally misunderstood ... best to look first at the problem it's trying to solve ...

For example: our school district offers US History in the 7th grade, the neighboring school district offers it in the 8th grade ... any child moving here during their 12th summer completely misses an entire year of that class ... we'd have to keep the child back from high school one year just so they can take a class with children two years younger ... well, the State intervened and so today all the local school districts teach the same classes in the same year of school ... I think we do US History in 8th grade ... but that doesn't help the children who move in from out-of-state ...

Common Core was put out so that States who wished to co-ordinate which year certain courses would be offered ... it's not required, Kansas is still allowed to ban evolution in public schools if they want ...

All that article proves is that the writer is unfamiliar with Common Core and tries to make an association that is not there. The article is idiotic fake news.

I taught Common Core math and social studies. Show me the standard requiring such actions as described in the article.

We know. Lots of you teach common core. But I think this woman knows more about it's origins than you do.

Sandra Stotsky, director of Harvard professional development program for teachers and senior associate commissioner for the State of Massachusetts’ Department of Education:
...this was the beginning of the Harvard MES < (Middle East Studies) center’s unbalanced presentations during its training seminar for the state’s K-12 educators. The seminar courses offered by the center were marked by a “distorted” political agenda that promoted Islam as a faith and went so far as to focus on America’s prejudices against the Muslim world. The Harvard outreach coordinators proposed that teachers organize courses focusing on the celebration of the Prophet Muhammad’s life and teachings. In addition, the teachers should appoint a class “imam,” memorize Islamic principles, and act out prayers. Most astounding of all was that this was not the only such case involving K-12 education; it was happening across America. The growing number of cases of children in U.S. schools being taught and memorizing Islamic prayers, or of girls told to wear hijabs during Islam Appreciation Week, along with other surprising pedagogic content perhaps demonstrated the influence of Saudi funding of MES centers across the United States.
A notable phenomenon regarding the U.S. elementary curriculum was the level of Saudi and other Gulf-state involvement in what had become known as the One World Classroom initiative. This movement had expanded rapidly in the United States under the financing of the Qatar Foundation International’s Connect All Schools program, whose current director is MB founder Hassan al-Banna’s grandson. In addition to this initiative, there was the Common Core K-12 education program that was adopted by the vast majority of U.S. states, with only a handful such as Alaska, Nebraska, Texas, and Virginia declining to adopt it at a state level. The part of the curriculum that had drawn heavy criticism had taught Islamic fundaments such as reciting the Shahada, which states that there is “no God but Allah,” and memorizing the Muslim call to prayer. It was also concerning to many when it was revealed that the main shareholder and financial contributor to the British corporation <(Pearson Education) that created and actively managed the Common Core curriculum for the U.S. education system was the Libyan Investment Authority, whose investors have included many members of the Gaddafi family, Saudi Arabia, and CAIR. <(designated a terrorist organization by some countries)

States are beginning to see the light and are withdrawing from the Islamic indoctrination thrust upon our children. 12 states have introduced legislation to repeal the standards outright, and 4 have since withdrawn from the standards.

Last edited:

We know. Lots of you teach common core. But I think this woman knows more about it's origins than you do.

Sandra Stotsky, director of Harvard professional development program for teachers and senior associate commissioner for the State of Massachusetts’ Department of Education:
...this was the beginning of the Harvard MES < (Middle East Studies) center’s unbalanced presentations during its training seminar for the state’s K-12 educators. The seminar courses offered by the center were marked by a “distorted” political agenda that promoted Islam as a faith and went so far as to focus on America’s prejudices against the Muslim world. The Harvard outreach coordinators proposed that teachers organize courses focusing on the celebration of the Prophet Muhammad’s life and teachings. In addition, the teachers should appoint a class “imam,” memorize Islamic principles, and act out prayers. Most astounding of all was that this was not the only such case involving K-12 education; it was happening across America. The growing number of cases of children in U.S. schools being taught and memorizing Islamic prayers, or of girls told to wear hijabs during Islam Appreciation Week, along with other surprising pedagogic content perhaps demonstrated the influence of Saudi funding of MES centers across the United States.
A notable phenomenon regarding the U.S. elementary curriculum was the level of Saudi and other Gulf-state involvement in what had become known as the One World Classroom initiative. This movement had expanded rapidly in the United States under the financing of the Qatar Foundation International’s Connect All Schools program, whose current director is MB founder Hassan al-Banna’s grandson. In addition to this initiative, there was the Common Core K-12 education program that was adopted by the vast majority of U.S. states, with only a handful such as Alaska, Nebraska, Texas, and Virginia declining to adopt it at a state level. The part of the curriculum that had drawn heavy criticism had taught Islamic fundaments such as reciting the Shahada, which states that there is “no God but Allah,” and memorizing the Muslim call to prayer. It was also concerning to many when it was revealed that the main shareholder and financial contributor to the British corporation <(Pearson Education) that created and actively managed the Common Core curriculum for the U.S. education system was the Libyan Investment Authority, whose investors have included many members of the Gaddafi family, Saudi Arabia, and CAIR. <(designated a terrorist organization by some countries)

States are beginning to see the light and are withdrawing from the Islamic indoctrination thrust upon our children. 12 states have introduced legislation to repeal the standards outright, and 4 have since withdrawn from the standards.

You and the person you quoted have no clue as to what Common Core is! If you did, you would know that there are no Common Core social studies standards! I taught it, so I think I would know.

My answer:

1) I have scars where I have been attacked by female students with fingernails. Because I am quite a large male, most students stayed clear of me. However, in some of my schools, not a week would go by without a teacher being physically attacked in some way. In other schools it never happened.

2) The tax credit was $200.00 - $250.00 during my time, and I usually exceeded that in just purchases at the beginning of school. A printer cartridge set for my printer was over $100.00 and I usually had to use at least three sets per year. Individual printers were rarely supplied to teachers or functioned at all.

3) What PTA? I taught in 8 school districts in two states and for the DoD. There never was a functioning parent-teacher organization or parent-teacher-student organization.

When I was a kid ... every parent was in the PTA ... and every parent showed up for meetings just about ... I know exactly how full the lunch room was when all the students where there ... during PTA meetings folks had to sit in the rafters ...

I think there was 17 parents when my kids started school ... all gone by the time my youngest started ...

Private schools are magical and absolve me of any involvement ... I never knew that, I could be completely dismissive of my child's school work and he'll still perform well, just because he's in a private school ...

Or do you mean a boarding school, actually pay someone else to raise my child? ...

charter schools

or.....

home school

or start your own charter school

or religious schools

RealClear Opinion Research asked 2,014 registered voters several questions about educational options for their kids, and it’s clear they want more school choice.

Nearly seven in 10 registered voters told the pollster they support school choice in concept, while roughly the same percentage would prefer to send their child somewhere

Once again, a new round of nationwide public polling in 2019 confirms that school choice is incredibly popular with voters in every category, especially a federal tax credit proposal like the Education Freedom Scholarships,” said John Schilling, president of American Federation of Children.

This is a unifying issue among voters and policymakers should take action. The polling clearly shows that parents want more and better educational options for their children, and as we’ve seen in states like Florida and Arizona, they will become intensely passionate about candidates who support school choice.”

I wonder what it is they’re really saying. Is it the school or the curriculum? Is it what has been slipped into school books by Leftists and progressives?

C’mon you teachers out there, share your wisdom with us. What do you see that makes so many parents prefer private to public schools?

The popularity also transcended political parties, though Republicans were more strongly in support at 76 percent than Democrats at 64 percent. Sixty-six percent of respondents who identified as independents supported school choice.

When I grew up, we had classes on American History and Civics. We were taught to be proud of America and what our forefathers did to make this country great. Yes, a lot of dark times were glossed over but those could have been covered in the higher education years. Is is also that our schools are so dedicated to academics that the trades are being neglected?

Tell us.

More of this @ Prison Planet.com » POLL: Seven in 10 Americans want alternatives to public schools
They have alternatives...private schools and home schooling.

charter schools ... or..... home school ... or start your own charter school ... or religious schools

They have alternatives...private schools and home schooling.

The level of Elitism in these two posts is astounding ... only in rich affluent urban school districts are charter schools profitable ... poor rural school districts don't have that option ... home schooling is a full time job, not an option if both parents work or it's a single parent household ... we can't start a charter school ourselves unless we have a post-graduate teacher's credentials or hire someone with this credential ... religious schools tend to be in urban areas and are typically on the expensive side ...

None of these options allow parents to be disinterested in their child's education ... the exception is boarding schools where the parenting tasks are assigned to someone else ...

Like I said ... my children got a fine education out of a poor rural high school ... either that or no video games ... easy peasy ...

Forum List

Back