Why does the K-12 and the college system matter?

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
K-12 education is just a step above poverty; college education at a basic level (e.x.bachelor's or even masters) generally isn't even above the level of a "workman" - it may provide access to more job opportunities or higher salaries, but not to advanced knowledge or mastery at any endeavor (whether law, mathematics, or anything else).

Advanced thinkers, and entrepreneurs, whether Steve Jobs, Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, or others may have college as a part of their resume, but their intellect (whether innate intelligence or advanced learning) goes way above and beyond that, and requires and entrepreneurial mind and dedication to a pursuit; some thinkers have alleged a "10,000 hour rule" for true mastery to be acquired at any endeavor - whether in college or intellectual fields, or top athletics (e.x. Roger Federer in Tennis, Tiger Woods in Golf, Tom Brady in football, etc).

I consider K-12, and even college in regards to the bare minimum requirements for admissions or graduation, more or less an illusion and unimportant distraction as an entrepreneur with both education, and dedication to entrepreneurship. (I respect people for their Ernest effort and accomplishments regardless of "innate" ability, so long as their worldviews aren't worthless and immoral, but this point is true nonetheless).

As a wonderful example, what is considered "fluent" English in K-12 education is barely above the 6th grade level, not the level of linguistic mastery of a language maven, such as Ernest Hemmingway or world-renowned authors and writers.

I estimate myself probably in the top 1% percentile in terms of linguistic ability - in part due to my family and high intelligence, and due to my self-determination to master the art of the English language, yet I have the same say in politics in regards to voting as a person who's language acquisition stopped at 6th grade, and who doesn't read or write at a higher level than what is available in 'pulp fiction' or mass media.

Anyone see anything wrong with this?

Since K-12 is more or less an illusion and unimportant distraction, what do you plan on its replacement?

• Banned
Since K-12 is more or less an illusion and unimportant distraction, what do you plan on its replacement?
Replacing it? I'm not sure.

I'm not against "it", just pointing out how irrelevant and minute it is in the grand spectrum of things compared to advanced learning and entrepreneurship.

If I could dream, I would have the system abolished and have students learn directly from entrepreneurs, but I doubt that would be easy to implement.

Replacing it? I'm not sure.

I'm not against "it", just pointing out how irrelevant and minute it is in the grand spectrum of things compared to advanced learning and entrepreneurship.

If I could dream, I would have the system abolished and have students learn directly from entrepreneurs, but I doubt that would be easy to implement.
Entrepreneurs have their own expertise, but being teachers may not be one of them. I'd rather ask them to advise on a curriculum already in place and ask them what changes they would believe to be necessary to enhance the curricula.

Entrepreneurs may not recognize individual differences in students and know the techniques necessary to get the student progress to the maximum of their ability.

K-12 education is just a step above poverty; college education at a basic level (e.x.bachelor's or even masters) generally isn't even above the level of a "workman" - it may provide access to more job opportunities or higher salaries, but not to advanced knowledge or mastery at any endeavor (whether law, mathematics, or anything else).

Advanced thinkers, and entrepreneurs, whether Steve Jobs, Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, or others may have college as a part of their resume, but their intellect (whether innate intelligence or advanced learning) goes way above and beyond that, and requires and entrepreneurial mind and dedication to a pursuit; some thinkers have alleged a "10,000 hour rule" for true mastery to be acquired at any endeavor - whether in college or intellectual fields, or top athletics (e.x. Roger Federer in Tennis, Tiger Woods in Golf, Tom Brady in football, etc).

I consider K-12, and even college in regards to the bare minimum requirements for admissions or graduation, more or less an illusion and unimportant distraction as an entrepreneur with both education, and dedication to entrepreneurship. (I respect people for their Ernest effort and accomplishments regardless of "innate" ability, so long as their worldviews aren't worthless and immoral, but this point is true nonetheless).

As a wonderful example, what is considered "fluent" English in K-12 education is barely above the 6th grade level, not the level of linguistic mastery of a language maven, such as Ernest Hemmingway or world-renowned authors and writers.

I estimate myself probably in the top 1% percentile in terms of linguistic ability - in part due to my family and high intelligence, and due to my self-determination to master the art of the English language, yet I have the same say in politics in regards to voting as a person who's language acquisition stopped at 6th grade, and who doesn't read or write at a higher level than what is available in 'pulp fiction' or mass media.

K-12 provides live moving target shooting range practice spaces.

It matters because it provides a place for single mothers to ship their kids off to; so their irresponsible behavior isn’t disrupted...

An educational system focused upon teaching the american values of financial gluttony and corruption coupled with a reverence for aristocracy and oligarchy. The Powell Memoranadum laid this all out pretty nicely.

It matters because it provides a place for single mothers to ship their kids off to; so their irresponsible behavior isn’t disrupted...

While single fathers sire more children they have no intention of raising.

Tough shit. Women are the gate keepers of the pussy; and the final arbiter in its use for sex.

K-12 is more less a third baby sitting for working parents, a third socialization skill development and a third learning. College is a very expensive but important ticket for entry. For most people a college degree is attainable but should be viewed as an investment with the onus on the parents and student to get the most marketable degree with the least amount of cost. I don't have any research to back this up, but my guess is very few people look at college in this way.

Tough shit. Women are the gate keepers of the pussy; and the final arbiter in its use for sex.
I think we've all seen asking american males to take responsibility for anything is a fool's errand.

Grow up.

K-12 is more less a third baby sitting for working parents, a third socialization skill development and a third learning. College is a very expensive but important ticket for entry. For most people a college degree is attainable but should be viewed as an investment with the onus on the parents and student to get the most marketable degree with the least amount of cost. I don't have any research to back this up, but my guess is very few people look at college in this way.

College is a very expensive but important ticket for entry.

So we allow capital to turn our youth into debt peons unable for file for bankruptcy on this debt like their serial bankruptcy artist president.

Grow up.
It doesn’t get more grown up, or real than that. Deal with it...

Grow up.
Highly doubtful.

Grow up.
No, it just means you're at the low end of the attraction spectrum, if you have to beg for sex, instead of having it offered up to you.

Grow up.
Go grasb a pussy kid.

Grow up.
No, it just means you're at the low end of the attraction spectrum, if you have to beg for sex, instead of having it offered up to you.

I've been propositioned - by women before, and yeah they were probably married. Heh. And I said "no".

If you have to beg for it, that's on you.

Grow up.
He's definitely offended by women.

Forum List

Back