Seven ex-CIA directors want Obama to drop torture probe

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
Dear Mr. President:

We have served as Directors of Central Intelligence or Directors of the CIA for Presidents reaching back over 35 years. We respectfully urge you to exercise your authority to reverse Attorney General Holder's August 24 decision to re-open the criminal investigation of CIA interrogations that took place following the attacks of September 11.

Our reasons for making this recommendation are as follows.

Rest of the letter HERE

Whatever happen, I say no good will come of it.

i.e. The CIA is above the law and anything illegal that the CIA does to protect this country should be overlooked.

Is this how we want our troops treated if they were captured?

Oh, I forgot this...

toon_coming_this_fall.jpg

This puts the ball clearly in Obama's court. Holder works for Obama. I don't think that Obama will want to be seen as the one who further lowers the trust that CIA agents have in the White House. Now this reversal of a former administration decision could lead to some mass exodus of agents for lack of trust in the Obama Administration. This is clearly in Obama's hands and it should have been seen that way from the beginning since Holder works for Obama.

Using "It is behind us" as an excuse not to probe is the lamest of all excuses.

ALL CRIME IS IN THE PAST If that is the standard then they better just release everyone that ever committed a crime for wrongfull prosecution...BECAUSE every prosecution was about a crime that had already occured.

i.e. The CIA is above the law and anything illegal that the CIA does to protect this country should be overlooked.

why shouldn't we overlook their illegal activity,, we do for the citizens of Mexico. why do our citizens deserve anything less doyathink?

why shouldn't we overlook their illegal activity,, we do for the citizens of Mexico. why do our citizens deserve anything less doyathink?

Good point.

I guess like those illegals we should have the same illegal acts of corporations HIRING said illegals, be the same private corporations hire the CIA & have them do our dirty illegal work.

Good plan.

I'm quite sure the CIA would like to keep all their dirty little secrets in the closet.

You'd figure that since all of these Republicans are so outraged about Government funding towards ACORN, they'd be outraged that the CIA gave funds and give information to the Mob in the 50's. Yet, none of them blink a eye.

Good point.

I guess like those illegals we should have the same illegal acts of corporations HIRING said illegals, be the same private corporations hire the CIA & have them do our dirty illegal work.

Good plan.

long as we allow illegal I have no objection. pickin and choosin ain't to my likin.

I'm quite sure the CIA would like to keep all their dirty little secrets in the closet.

You'd figure that since all of these Republicans are so outraged about Government funding towards ACORN, they'd be outraged that the CIA gave funds and give information to the Mob in the 50's. Yet, none of them blink a eye.

As we all know ACORN is more powerful than Wall street, the banking system & the military Industrial complex combined.

As I recall, Bush was controlled by Cheney whom in turn was controlled by some social worker in some poor neighborhood in Pittsburgh.

Good point.

Good plan.

long as we allow illegal I have no objection. pickin and choosin ain't to my likin.

Hmm I see. I always thought that if one followed the money, one could stop the illegal activity. Of course since our economy collapsed the monies dried up so they followed themselves back home.

Eh damn another empty empty wasted analogy trumped by reality.

Good point.

Good plan.

Hmm I see. I always thought that if one followed the money, one could stop the illegal activity. Of course since our economy collapsed the monies dried up so they followed themselves back home.

I hope no one actually pays you to think if you think they all went back home! they are getting ripped if they do.

I hope no one actually pays you to think if you think they all went back home! they are getting ripped if they do.

I'm being dramatic. But there is a truth in what I say.

Illegal immigrants voluntarily going back to Mexico as US economy crashes
OpEdNews - Article: Illegal immigrants voluntarily going back to Mexico as US economy crashes

Sorry but this is old news & why would I get paid to post on a random forum? Do you?

If investigation is going to be fair, I am all for it. But if you look at everything that preceded this investigation, like selective releases of documents, Pelosi accusations that CIA lied (we never find out who lied), I have a feeling that this is all smokescreen for something else, or it's going to expose few selected players from one side and hide those from the other. If we going to see all the truth, I am for it. If is just partial, it's going to be very bad, for us and for our troops abroad.

I am not sure that Obama know what he's doing or even more important what CIA is capable of doing. If he make just one wrong move here, it could backfire at him.

Just to clarify where I stand. Waterboarding is torture. However, terrorists are neither official nor legal military combatants and UN resolution does not apply to them. Beside, congress never clarified CIA's interrogation manual even when they were asked by Bush and CIA.

Ame®icano;1531143 said:
If investigation is going to be fair, I am all for it. But if you look at everything that preceded this investigation, like selective releases of documents, Pelosi accusations that CIA lied (we never find out who lied), I have a feeling that this is all smokescreen for something else, or it's going to expose few selected players from one side and hide those from the other. If we going to see all the truth, I am for it. If is just partial, it's going to be very bad, for us and for our troops abroad.

I am not sure that Obama know what he's doing or even more important what CIA is capable of doing. If he make just one wrong move here, it could backfire at him.

Just to clarify where I stand. Waterboarding is torture. However, terrorists are neither official nor legal military combatants and UN resolution does not apply to them. Beside, congress never clarified CIA's interrogation manual even when they were asked by Bush and CIA.

I'd have to agree with your analysis. It seems a bit of a cluster F#$k to say the least.

Forum List

Back