Seriously, my theory is that liberals lack the IQ to understand capitalism...

if there's another fiscal meltdown, it's CONGRESS's fault! let them find their own pockets, and not mine for a bailout!

well I think all sides agree that the bailout saved the system and was necessary. Now there are fewer firms so a bailout will be more necessary the next time.

The obvious solution is more firms, fully independent of the government, with less interlocking! Capitalism needs to be imposed on Wall Street.
Aha! Bluto is a BIG GOVERNMENT CON$ervative who wants his BIG GOVERNMENT to impose Capitalism. No surprise there!!!

My theory is Bluto is too CON$ervative to have the IQ to understand Capitalism! How comical! :lol:

Brutus:
I see you're afraid to even try to attempt to demonstrate an understanding of capitalism. What does that tell you about the liberal IQ??

Last edited:
Aha! Bluto is a BIG GOVERNMENT CON$ervative who wants his BIG GOVERNMENT to impose Capitalism. No surprise there!!!

Brutus: of course capitalism must always be imposed with policemen courts, government contracts, anti-trust laws, etc!! sorry!!

How would you propose we create more granularity in the financial system without at least some degree of government intervention?

As I said, more firms with less interdependence

And to that end, would you ever support a government led break up of financial institutions in order to limit the risk of institutions that are too big to fail?

anti trust is as old as the hills and especially applicable here as Wall Street can sink the entire worlds economy

Can Capitalism be imposed?
I would have thought it would be the natural condition in the absence of a centrally imposed system.

capitalism is always imposed with policeman, courts, contracts, anti trust laws ,etc, etc

Torando: Buddy, capitalism is fairly simple. I sell things, you buy them.

Brutus: ah but you miss the most important point. In the USSR there were buyers and sellers. The difference is that under capitalism both parties are acting largely free of government authority. Now you see why we say liberals lack the IQ to understand- right?

Brutus: Too stupid. If the government governs what business can sell then you have a few regulators in DC, as opposed to 311 million
everywhere! And now you know the secret of how freedom makes a nation strong and prosperous. Ever hear that a nation is only as strong as its people? If the government takes the responsibility the people grow weaker and weaker!

Toranado: Can you really not think of any reason to regulate things like auto emissions?

Brutus: Too stupid!!! You assume the liberal government must regulate the evil people who don't know any better. This is the process Mao used to kill 50 million.
Brutus: yes you seem like a Nazi or Communist with your blind, stupid faith in government. I'm sad for you but history produced millions of brainwashed statist fools doesn't it?

Now you see why we are sure the liberal wil lack the IQ to understand capitalism. To a liberal the government has a magic wand. Like a child the liberal will believe in Santa Claus government.

Toranado: liberal bureaucrats and the rest of the government can come up with things like CAFE standards which will tug the population forward.

Brutus: you lack the IQ to grasp that government will pull the population backward. Ever hear of Civil War, Depression, WW1, WW2 , current great recession?? And now even you know why Jefferson gave us freedom or liberty from government.

Toranado: Our grandparent's generation wasn't filled with terrible folks, they just needed that nudge to do what they knew was right.

Brutus: Too stupid!! You assume as a liberal with a low IQ that government knows how to nudge in the right direction. Jefferson assumed the opposite and created the greatest country in human history!! Is it still over your head??

Can Capitalism be imposed?
I would have thought it would be the natural condition in the absence of a centrally imposed system.

capitalism is always imposed with policeman, courts, contracts, anti trust laws ,etc, etc

Well, now I'm confused.
Earlier, as I've quoted you in parts above, you seemed to be advocating no governmental involvement in the economic system...and now you say that it must be imposed by them (pedantic point; I think you really mean 'regulated').

Well, now I'm confused.
Earlier, as I've quoted you in parts above, you seemed to be advocating no governmental involvement in the economic system...and now you say that it must be imposed by them (pedantic point; I think you really mean 'regulated').

too stupid!! Neither Jefferson nor Friedman were anarachists, but both were for very limited government.

Well, now I'm confused.

too stupid!! Neither Jefferson nor Friedman were anarachists, but both were for very limited government.

Read for comprehension.
Did I mention no government?

You have been saying all along that the less government involved in the economic system the better.
Now you say that capitalism must be imposed and controlled by the government????
Huh?

My theory is Bluto is too CON$ervative to have the IQ to understand Capitalism! How comical! :lol:
Brutus:
I see you're afraid to even try to attempt to demonstrate an understanding of capitalism. What does that tell you about the liberal IQ??
I already demonstrated such a superior knowledge of Capitalism earlier in this thread and that YOU ran away from that post like a little coward who lacks the IQ to understand Capitalism.

Bluto is a pusillanimous poltroon.

popeye_brutus.jpg

This is pointless. Brutus wants big government to enforce liberal anti trust laws yet makes fun of those who do not support his liberal programs by calling them liberal.

Was hoping to find an honestly different point of view here. That America should have been pacifist in WWII thing had me interested. This is booring now.

Like the usual keep government out of our lives unless you want the right to die folks. Just more ppl who claim an ideology until it is against their point of view.

At least when the name calling is removed Brutus and I can go vote for the same liberal anti trust laws together.

This is pointless. Brutus wants big government to enforce liberal anti trust laws yet makes fun of those who do not support his liberal programs by calling them liberal.

Was hoping to find an honestly different point of view here. That America should have been pacifist in WWII thing had me interested. This is booring now.

Like the usual keep government out of our lives unless you want the right to die folks. Just more ppl who claim an ideology until it is against their point of view.

At least when the name calling is removed Brutus and I can go vote for the same liberal anti trust laws together.

He does have a unique debating style though.
Half a point for that.

So if cars purchased by Hertz depreciate then cars purchased by consumers must also. Banks and used car dealers know that but economists don't supposedly. :lol: :lol: :lol

Brutus: is this your best example of economists' ignorance? What would be different if they considered depreciation of cars for personal use?? Seems like you got a head of steam up over a very very trivial matter?

Economists are ignorant because about 50% of them are liberal!! That is not trivial!!

Economists are smart because they don't talk about the NET Domestic Product.

Everybody else is stupid for not noticing their LIES.

In 1995 the number of cars in the US reached 200,000,000. At $1,500 in depreciation per car per year that is $300,000,000,000 in depreciation on cars per year. What about air conditioners, refrigerators, televisions, ALL DURABLE CONSUMER GOODS.

But when we buy that stuff it is ADDED TO GDP.

We are running a planet of almost seven billion people on bad algebra. European thinking about economics when double-entry accounting was invented there but it is not a mandatory part of education in Western countries.

Oh yeah, the workers are supposed to be dummies. Teach them enough to make the rich richer.

psik

Last edited:
But when we buy that stuff it is ADDED TO GDP.

too stupid!! If we used NNP rather than GNP, life would go on identically without any policy changes! Its a trivial and well understood issue:

Roland Spant: "In the United States, it has become fairly
common for economists to monitor the NDP
trend as an indicator of the economy’s long term
growth potential. This has been made possible
by the availability of NDP figures from as far
back as the 1930s."

Sorry to burst your bubble

pretending to be superior to cover up your inability to be superior does not fool anyone.

You will see that not one liberal will dare venture to present an understanding of capitalism, yet they are certain they don't like it.

It's your claim, why don't you prove it?

Prove I don't understand capitalism.

Brutus:
I already demonstrated such a superior knowledge of Capitalism earlier in this thread and that YOU ran away from that post like a little coward who lacks the IQ to understand Capitalism.

popeye_brutus.jpg

Brutus replaced Bluto when the Popeye cartoons went ghey.

pretending to be superior to cover up your inability to be superior does not fool anyone.

You will see that not one liberal will dare venture to present an understanding of capitalism, yet they are certain they don't like it.

easy, tell us why Friedman was wrong. See how easy that was, and see how low the liberal IQ is?

easy, tell us why Friedman was wrong. See how easy that was, and see how low the liberal IQ is?

Your original proposition was that liberals lacked the IQ to understand capitalism.
You've turned it around to "Liberals don't know what capitalism is".
Therefore, if you explain it we will be able to see if they can undertstand it or not, which is a different discussion.

Brutus:

popeye_brutus.jpg

Brutus replaced Bluto when the Popeye cartoons went ghey.
Actually, Brutus is Bluto. The name was changed because of a perceived potential copyright problem.

please show again your superior knowledge. Thanks

please show again your superior knowledge. Thanks
You not only would not understand it because you lack the IQ to understand Capitalism, you're too lazy to look back in this thread and find it yourself and therefore you're too much of a slacker to be a Capitalist. It's the one that sacred you shitless and made you run away, that will give you a clue of how far back to look. :lol:

Forum List

Back