Serious Question about girl I know saying something to me

Who knows. She may have been on a girl's night kind of thing. You don't want her in the middle of a pack. Next time she's winking and smiling at you, ask her if she's hungry and take her to lunch.

People are different in packs.
Right. Never approach a girl when she is hanging out with a group of females. Wait until she's on her own or if she makes a point of coming over to you.

Thanks, Delta, but the majority of these replies are she is basically wanting me to ask her out (on a date)- but I just want to be friends first- for real- so we will see how it goes; if I feel up to it after work tom. night I will stop by her bar tom. and exchange numbers...maybe exchange schedules. What do you guys think about this? (keep in mind she is a single mom) so I think she would appreciate the direct approach. Any last minute "tips" when I see her? Should I just stop by only to say hi and get the digits? or should I hang around at the bar and sip on a drink for a few minutes?

thx guys. Please would like advice from women mostly.
Don't make such a big deal about it. You are way over thinking it. Be much, much more casual.

Esmeralda's right. You have too much hope invested. Not only is that risky, it pollutes how you act in the moment. It won't be easy but you have to divest yourself of that degree of interest and get to the point where you don't really care. That will enable you to relax and be natural. Then let the interest re-establish itself later. It's not going anywhere.

The most important thing to gaining self confidence is faking it until it sinks in and becomes part of you.

Ask her out. Make it a casual, lo-stress sort of ask - and if she says no, or waffles, just say "it's ok, thanks anyway", and move on with your life. The more you stress about it, and the more stuff you attach to it in your head, the worse it'll be either way.

If she says yes, it could be a great thing - and if she says no, you'll be in exactly the situation you're in now (single).
Just ask her if she wants to go have a coffee/tea. Don't make it a big deal. See how how you get along, if she seems interested. Keep it low key and don't make it look like your life depends on the outcome.
Why doesn't anyone go cow-tipping anymore.

Ask her out for a little midnight bovine capsizing.

I have known her for over 10 years, strictly as my Dr. office's assistant. She is 37, I'm 41. I'm single, no kids, she is single, one daughter of about 13?

My ? is this- recently she has been winking and smiling at me while in the Dr.'s chair...but I'm not sure if she is just being flirty or actually likes me. I have been out of the dating game for over 10 years!

My other question is last week she had said to me as we were talking about rel.'s- she said (after we agreed on a few things)- that "You are a guy version of me".

Now I have heard this could be understood as a very good thing or a friends zone thing, so in your guys'; opinion, with this little bit of info, which do you think is it? We have never hung out outside of her work, except I did visit her one night last year at her bartending job for just one beer, but nothing ever was said or happened as to anything about us.

thx. Would like girl's honest opinions esp.
Shock her and use a condom!!! :D

The way you're acting, she probably thinks you're a serial killer or something. I think you missed your chance, big boy. Next time, get your confidence up and just ask the girl out for coffee or lunch. Another girl.

leave it to the fake negro to try to derail the thread.
Well he's got a point. Racists use the internet because of it's anonymity. They don't act that way in public. So if he's gonna ask her out he should be honest and lead with that. In fact it would only be fair to show her all his postings and ask what she thinks.

I'm glad I came across this thread. Made my morning.

Here is my take.

The woman knows that you are interested in her. She is probably put off by your lack of self confidence, though. The only thing that can overcome that is complete honesty. If you want to meet this woman on a romantic level...you need to tell her exactly that. Admit that you are a complete doofus when it comes to reading women....and that you need to find a woman who is willing to take you by the hand and show you how to act like a man.

She will either find your honesty to be refreshing and be reassured by it...or she'll decide that she isn't that person. If she accepts the case, maintain your honesty moving forward and she'll eventually let you recapture your dignity. You'll have to do that, by the way, or she will lose interest after a short time.

If she does give you a shot....whatever you do......avoid discussing politics at all costs. There is no way any sane woman would begin a relationship with someone who holds your political views.

Another comment on her this time. I don't think I've ever winked at a guy in my life, who does that? Maybe she's a serial killer.

By the time a woman reaches the age of 30, they are done bullshitting. They know what they want, and aren't afraid to say so. They aren't confused like younger women are.

If this woman is 37, she knows what she wants. Be direct with her, and she will be direct with you. Just be man enough to deal with whatever the outcome.

If she says no, your acquaintance level relationship will be unaffected. You will find she will be just as friendly as she always has been.

If she says yes, you have embarked on an adventure. Enjoy the trip!

By the time a woman reaches the age of 30, they are done bullshitting. They know what they want, and aren't afraid to say so. They aren't confused like younger women are.

If this woman is 37, she knows what she wants. Be direct with her, and she will be direct with you. Just be man enough to deal with whatever the outcome.

If she says no, your acquaintance level relationship will be unaffected. You will find she will be just as friendly as she always has been.

If she says yes, you have embarked on an adventure. Enjoy the trip!

are you a girl?

well, I went by, but she wasn't working. She was with a lot of friends, mostly female sitting at the back by the pool tables- about 15 girls...... She saw me and said hi for two seconds, introduced me to her friend and that was it. She asked if I was going to stay- I said for a bit, grabbed a beer- went back to the area she was at, but she kinda just looked over at me. I watched 2 girls play pool for 5 min, sipped on my beer standing/leaning on the juke box thing, went back to the front of the bar- waited 10 minutes while standing and texting, drinking, watching the football game then I left lol. WTF.:dunno::cuckoo::wtf::uhoh3:

So a woman is chillaxin at the bar with 15 of so of her girlfriends and some fat old overweight toothless guy walks up to her and says HI.

WTF

She finishes the conversation in two seconds.

He gets a drink and returns, creepin' around the area watchin the girls play pool while babysitting his beer, leaning on the jukebox while staring at the woman and thinking terrible thoughts.

WTF.

I'm female and I agree with g5000 post. :)

are 37 year old women, even single moms horny a lot of the time? I mean- are they similar to guys like me when I was 20-25?
lol. No clue. Depends on the woman, dear. But if thats what you convey to her, color her gone. She is not interested in a one night stand. She has a kid. She wants security. If you want someone horny, get someone in their 20's and even that will be iffy. Like I said..depends on the woman.

Forum List

Back