Serious Question about girl I know saying something to me

Ask her out, she's flirting with you.

The worst case, you make her feel good about herself. Best case you get to go out with her and see where it goes.

She basically already said yes. You said you guys should go out for coffee. She said, "You mean tea."

That was a YES.

The fact that you let it go without comment would have been puzzling to me, and might be to her.

Ask her out for coffee...If you can't get coffee, the hand-job in the back seat is definitely off.:disbelief:

I don't know, ninja. To be honest, it sounds like she might just be being polite at the doc's office. One thing you should not do is take advice from Pogo or that limey jerk. If you ask her out and she says "no", can you keep going to that doctor?

I dont know,if she's winking at him I'd say it's a good sign.
Thats not something thats normally done in the professional setting of a doctors office.
Id hit the bar and see if she continues hitting on me. Just dont mistake the standard "I want a good tip" treatment for attraction.

She basically already said yes. You said you guys should go out for coffee. She said, "You mean tea."

That was a YES.

The fact that you let it go without comment would have been puzzling to me, and might be to her.

no, I did say that I'll stop by her work. I did not say the exact day. She bartend's Thursday and Sat. night. And I think she likes me. I'm overweight, but tall, so its not so bad. I have a handsome face, regardless of the tooth thing. I'm not missing any front teeth or anything. It was her winking, smiling alot 2 visits ago- and the you are like the "male version of me" comment that stuck out.

Keep in mind that me knowing her for 10 years is like spending 2 hours together. Her boss, my Dentist is 90% always in the room:)

She is pretty. I don't mind the daughter. She has a good rel. with the dad. He is with someone else. She just made a mistake, that is all. We all do.

I'll take everyones advice.

But back to the original 2 things- the winking alot, smiling at the same time and the just like me comment are big signs you girls think?

Oh, by the way- she touches me often on the chest or shoulder when she talks to me.

That was a YES.

I take it your a girl?:) please lmk on the adjusting my "bib" in the dental chair thing and touching my shoulder a couple times, etc. thx.

That was a YES.

I take it your a girl?:) please lmk on the adjusting my "bib" in the dental chair thing and touching my shoulder a couple times, etc. thx.

Well, the adjustment might just be professional. But touching your shoulder while casually talking seems like a good sign to me.

But I'm not a girl, I'm a bitter old woman. ;) However, I really think you should pursue this. Go visit her at her bartending job, sure, but then ask her to someplace where she doesn't work.

Ask her if she's flirting with you. Ask with a smile on your face, open and friendly. It's less scary for you. She will know it is her opportunity to say, "I'm just friendly, not fishing for a date."

If she admits to flirting or says "maybe" with a smile, ask her out.

The most important thing to gaining self confidence is faking it until it sinks in and becomes part of you.

Ask her out. Make it a casual, lo-stress sort of ask - and if she says no, or waffles, just say "it's ok, thanks anyway", and move on with your life. The more you stress about it, and the more stuff you attach to it in your head, the worse it'll be either way.

If she says yes, it could be a great thing - and if she says no, you'll be in exactly the situation you're in now (single).
Just ask her if she wants to go have a coffee/tea. Don't make it a big deal. See how how you get along, if she seems interested. Keep it low key and don't make it look like your life depends on the outcome.
Coffee?

Tea?

How about a nice dinner?

Jeez, it will be a wonder if the guy gets a date, if he listens to the advice here.

Ask her out, she's flirting with you.

The worst case, you make her feel good about herself. Best case you get to go out with her and see where it goes.
Worst case, she's out for a sexual harassment settlement to feed the kid.

Yeah, that's the cynic in me!

; - )

Go for it.................

If you don't want the direct approach...........ask her if she's seen a movie and tell her how great it is.............hopefully she hasn't seen it................and then say you've got to see it...........it's great.......hell I'd like to see it again............I'll take you if you'd like to see it.............

If she leaps on it.................then she likes you..................If she doesn't...........then you have a way out............by just going ........Well I hope you go and see it........it's a great movie............

Personally, I like the direct approach.

I have a sixth sense she does like me but I cannot imagine a girl, who is fairly attractive- even if she is a single mom (no offense) go for a guy who is out of shape, broke and is missing several teeth:) Just being honest. To my "defense" I am very funny, tall, dark and handsome; as well as educated. I do not drink or smoke or do drugs- and she knows this.

I'm hoping she is into the deeper things at our ages but like I said, I'm insecure about myself- I'm "pretty" sure I do not show it with her though.

btw- I did pretty much say we should get together for a coffee, and she said "you mean tea" (I forgot she only drinks tea)- and left it at that. I think I did say something about stopping by at her other job (bar) one night to hook up or get her #. I didn't think it was cool to do it at her office job.

Always advisable not to let what we might like or wish happen guide how we react to this sort of thing. Have to consider you're projecting your own fantasies about someone coming onto you to something perhaps more innocent. So error on the side of caution and don't respond as if that's what happened because maybe it didn't.

Some people are just naturally flirty. Try to figure out if she behaves this way with other people, or if it's really just you and something more than innocent flirtation or friendliness. With coworkers, there's a reason the adage 'don't dip your pen in office ink' exists. Getting romantically involved isn't a good idea. If things go south one of you either has to quit or the animosity that one or both have can lead to workplace related legal trouble.

Good rule of thumb for workplace relationships is everyone's your sister/brother AND married. IN other words WAY off limits. :)

Thanks, Delta, but the majority of these replies are she is basically wanting me to ask her out (on a date)- but I just want to be friends first- for real- so we will see how it goes; if I feel up to it after work tom. night I will stop by her bar tom. and exchange numbers...maybe exchange schedules. What do you guys think about this? (keep in mind she is a single mom) so I think she would appreciate the direct approach. Any last minute "tips" when I see her? Should I just stop by only to say hi and get the digits? or should I hang around at the bar and sip on a drink for a few minutes?

thx guys. Please would like advice from women mostly.

the one thing to consider

which is the rule in most professional joints

are employee policies

on fraternizing with patients and such

Thanks, Delta, but the majority of these replies are she is basically wanting me to ask her out (on a date)- but I just want to be friends first- for real- so we will see how it goes; if I feel up to it after work tom. night I will stop by her bar tom. and exchange numbers...maybe exchange schedules. What do you guys think about this? (keep in mind she is a single mom) so I think she would appreciate the direct approach. Any last minute "tips" when I see her? Should I just stop by only to say hi and get the digits? or should I hang around at the bar and sip on a drink for a few minutes?

thx guys. Please would like advice from women mostly.
Don't make such a big deal about it. You are way over thinking it. Be much, much more casual.

well, I went by, but she wasn't working. She was with a lot of friends, mostly female sitting at the back by the pool tables- about 15 girls...... She saw me and said hi for two seconds, introduced me to her friend and that was it. She asked if I was going to stay- I said for a bit, grabbed a beer- went back to the area she was at, but she kinda just looked over at me. I watched 2 girls play pool for 5 min, sipped on my beer standing/leaning on the juke box thing, went back to the front of the bar- waited 10 minutes while standing and texting, drinking, watching the football game then I left lol. WTF.:dunno::cuckoo::wtf::uhoh3:

Who knows. She may have been on a girl's night kind of thing. You don't want her in the middle of a pack. Next time she's winking and smiling at you, ask her if she's hungry and take her to lunch.

People are different in packs.

Forum List

Back