Zone1 Serious Question About Abortion

Just a reminder guys, think before you reply. This is CDZ, so be kind, civil and courteous….this is a hot button topic.

Bunch of posts have been deleted for violating CDZ rules.

I did.

You want to have an elected local official step in and make that decision.

Roe was your supposed solution to the current Dodd decision yet you have offered no response to it.

Roe was a court thinking it could end an argument, when it clearly didn't end it.

and you replied to two people in the post in question. It's lazy, JoeB131 lazy.

Roe was a court thinking it could end an argument, when it clearly didn't end it.

and you replied to two people in the post in question. It's lazy, JoeB131 lazy.
The Roe decision was YOUR preferred result yet here you are pushing for something else.

So, explain how you prefer a 16 week timeline, yet prefer the faulty christian Dobbs decision.

Liar.

All Dobbs did was return it to the States. Nothing more.

How is that "Christian"?

Roe was based on faulty Constitutional Beliefs.

Dobbs was the correction, just like Plessey had to be corrected.

All Dobbs did was return it to the States. Nothing more.

How is that "Christian"?

Roe was based on faulty Constitutional Beliefs.

Dobbs was the correction, just like Plessey had to be corrected.
That is a very ignorant response to each decision and proves you know anything about either.

No, guy, it's exactly the opposite. Thousands of men who are thrown in prison for other petty crimes to feed the Prison Industrial Complex often owe child support, which is then cut off when they can no longer earn a paycheck.

We don't have room in the jails for REAL criminals, much less deadbeat dads.
interesting subjective narrative, but nothing factual. You deny men are regularly jailed for child support, the numbers would disagree. It's important we clear that up so that your misinformed narrative doesn't continue to support a sexist system against men in this issue.
Except men walk away from their obligations all the time.
Yes, but by law are expected pay for something they might not want anything to do with (I think nobody should ever do that, but we're talking about laws, not my opinion).

If women can control whether she will be burdened by the demands of child, so should a man. It's a clear double standard that if applied might make women think twice about cranking out kids as single mothers.. which would be good for society, so say the numbers.
That's what it sounded like to me, you saying she had it coming because she was drunk.
Nope, nothing I said even resembled that...

You said if a woman is drunk and has sex, she was "raped". I said that's a very poor standard as a man and woman can be at a party drunk together, have sex, and then she wakes up and claims she was raped, and the system often flows to ruin the man's reputation when by any measure he did nothing wrong, or was in the exact same boat.

My question was... are men also "raped" if they are drunk? Then, you flocked to some odd personal attack. If you can't stay on topic without getting so emotional, maybe this discussion isn't for you.

interesting subjective narrative, but nothing factual. You deny men are regularly jailed for child support, the numbers would disagree. It's important we clear that up so that your misinformed narrative doesn't continue to support a sexist system against men in this issue.

No, the numbers don't really agree. What you are looking at is guy in jail who stop paying because they are in jail and aren't earning money, not the other way around.

Yes, but by law are expected pay for something they might not want anything to do with (I think nobody should ever do that, but we're talking about laws, not my opinion).

If women can control whether she will be burdened by the demands of child, so should a man. It's a clear double standard that if applied might make women think twice about cranking out kids as single mothers.. which would be good for society, so say the numbers.

Then he should have thought of that before he had sex.

The woman, on the other hand, has to live with that decision for nine months... and all the health issues that follow.

Her body. Her choice. This isn't complicated.

Nope, nothing I said even resembled that...

You said if a woman is drunk and has sex, she was "raped". I said that's a very poor standard as a man and woman can be at a party drunk together, have sex, and then she wakes up and claims she was raped, and the system often flows to ruin the man's reputation when by any measure he did nothing wrong, or was in the exact same boat.

My question was... are men also "raped" if they are drunk? Then, you flocked to some odd personal attack. If you can't stay on topic without getting so emotional, maybe this discussion isn't for you.

Uh, he did something wrong... he took advantage of a drunken woman. The law is pretty clear, but hey, if you need a lawyer to explain it to you..

Welcome to the pro-life argument.

Just drop your misandry and apply this standard evenly.
No, this isn't complicated at all. Her kid's body isn't her body. The "choice" here is choosing to attack and kill another human being in cold blood for your own personal gain, i.e. premeditation and malice aforethought for a personally motivated homicide chosen of your own free will - or alternatively, you know, choosing NOT to be a total waste of oxygen and an absolute monster and NOT doing that.

No, the numbers don't really agree. What you are looking at is guy in jail who stop paying because they are in jail and aren't earning money, not the other way around.
"This study estimated that 14% of child support debtors were jailed for nonpayment of child support."

Notice, it didn't say "were in jail and then unable to pay child support".
So, accountability for his actions. I'm with that.
The woman, on the other hand, has to live with that decision for nine months... and all the health issues that follow.

Wait.. what happened to accountability? Why not be equal to the sexes and say "Then she should have thought of that before she had sex". I mean, do you think women aren't capable of controlling themselves or something? Why the different standards? The soft bigotry of lower expectations onto women.
Uh, he did something wrong... he took advantage of a drunken woman. The law is pretty clear, but hey, if you need a lawyer to explain it to you..
How do you know she didn't take advantage of a drunk man? They were both drunk, yet you think only she's the victim?

"This study estimated that 14% of child support debtors were jailed for nonpayment of child support."

Notice, it didn't say "were in jail and then unable to pay child support".

That's nice... also bullshit.

So, accountability for his actions. I'm with that.

Absolutely.

Wait.. what happened to accountability? Why not be equal to the sexes and say "Then she should have thought of that before she had sex". I mean, do you think women aren't capable of controlling themselves or something? Why the different standards? The soft bigotry of lower expectations onto women.

Abortion is accountablity. It's a woman saying, "I'm not ready to be a mother, and this glob in my who-ha isn't a person, so out it goes." I wish MORE women would show such amazing clear-headed thought. Every time I see some little undisciplined bastard running around a store because his parent won't control it.

Her Body. Her choice.

How do you know she didn't take advantage of a drunk man? They were both drunk, yet you think only she's the victim?

I'm sure he can make that claim... but it would be laughable.

Abortion is accountablity. It's a woman saying, "I'm not ready to be a mother, and this glob in my who-ha isn't a person, so out it goes."

What a noxiously hateful and evil statement. Also, deranged… divorced from reality.

No. Killing your own kid to ABANDON RESPONSIBILITY is not responsible.

Words do not mean their literal opposite.

I wish MORE women would show such amazing clear-headed thought.
Pure misanthropic nihilistic hatemongering, promoting mass slaughter. Just wretched. Deplorable.

What a noxiously hateful and evil statement. Also, deranged… divorced from reality.

No. Killing your own kid to ABANDON RESPONSIBILITY is not responsible.

Words do not mean their literal opposite.

Fetuses aren't "kids", or "children". They are globs of tissue the size of a kidney bean at the point most of them are aborted.

Pure misanthropic nihilistic hatemongering, promoting mass slaughter. Just wretched. Deplorable.

Uh, guy, let's get real. More kids die of treatable causes in the third world every year than die in abortions.

Abortion merely balances out the part of nature we've screwed with.

While women have been having abortions pretty much since ancient times, most women didn't do it. Why? Because the Child Mortality rate all the way up until the 19th century was something like 50%+. Since we have a poster her who disgraces Mozart by using his picture, let's use him as an example. Mozart and his wife Constanze had six children

• Raimund Leopold (17 June – 19 August 1783)
  • Karl Thomas Mozart (21 September 1784 – 31 October 1858)
  • Johann Thomas Leopold (18 October – 15 November 1786)
  • Theresia Constanzia Adelheid Friedericke Maria Anna (27 December 1787 – 29 June 1788)
  • Anna Maria (died soon after birth, 16 November 1789)
  • Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart (26 July 1791 – 29 July 1844)
Now, please note- Four of them never saw their first birthday. His rival Salieri fathered 8 Children, most of which died in infancy. And these were more affluent people of their time period.

Now, the modern period WE live in, infant mortality has been reduced to neglible levels. But if people had children at the rate they did in earlier times, we'd be overrun with unwanted children and not enough resources to feed them.

So thankfully, we have contraception today... and that's all abortion is...another form of contraception.

Fetuses aren't "kids", or "children". They are globs of tissue the size of a kidney bean at the point most of them are aborted.
LIke every other living thing, you are a "glob of tissue."

In this case, a particularly noisome glob, at that, which thinks it is better than those other "globs" it wants dead for its arbitrary and bigoted globby reasons.

Uh, guy, let's get real. More kids die of treatable causes in the third world every year than die in abortions.
Uh, glob, sure, let's get "real." None of that matters at all on any level.

Who gives a shit? Someone somewhere else might die of natural causes, so because of that, killing you right now in cold blood is just fine and dandy? Is that really the logic you're going to go with, or are you just replete with male bovine excrement?

Abortion merely balances out the part of nature we've screwed with.
Homicide is just homicide, globby. Nothing particularly "nature balancing" about killing your fellow human being for your own selfish benefit. Just dumb, inhuman animal instinct, and dumb inhuman animals get put in cages for a reason.

While women have been having abortions pretty much since ancient times
Ah yes. The "it was present in the ancient world, so it's okay," argument.
So slavery, then, globby - how we feel about that? It's even older than abortion.

So thankfully, we have contraception today... and that's all abortion is...another form of contraception.
No, it's just homicide of the innocent, globby. That is "real talk" for your misanthropic self.

LIke every other living thing, you are a "glob of tissue."

In this case, a particularly noisome glob, at that, which thinks it is better than those other "globs" it wants dead for its arbitrary and bigoted globby reasons.

Except I pay taxes and hold down a job and all of that. Most of the globs who get aborted are from people who really aren't making much of a contribution.

Uh, glob, sure, let's get "real." None of that matters at all on any level.

Who gives a shit? Someone somewhere else might die of natural causes, so because of that, killing you right now in cold blood is just fine and dandy? Is that really the logic you're going to go with, or are you just replete with male bovine excrement?

So you care about babies, unless they are actual babies in third world countries that we've exploited into poverty.... got it.

Homicide is just homicide, globby. Nothing particularly "nature balancing" about killing your fellow human being for your own selfish benefit. Just dumb, inhuman animal instinct, and dumb inhuman animals get put in cages for a reason.

Um, okay, get back to me the first time you put a woman in prison for getting an abortion. That will make BLM look like a picnic.

Me, personally, I'm not going to have an abortion. I don't have the right equipment. Also, I'm really old.

Ah yes. The "it was present in the ancient world, so it's okay," argument.
So slavery, then, globby - how we feel about that? It's even older than abortion.

Slavery is present in our modern world... what's your point? We have a whole Prison-industrial complex in this country turning people into slaves because they put a loophole in the 13th Amendment.

No, it's just homicide of the innocent, globby. That is "real talk" for your misanthropic self.

You can squeal like a pig, boy... but women are going to keep having abortions whether you like it or not.

Now, if your side was serious about less abortions, there's a way to get there. More money for sex education, more money to help girls build confidence, paid family leave, universal health care and distribution of other forms of contraception.

What's not going to reduce the number of abortions- showing people pictures of medical waste as they are going to see their doctor and screaming at them.

That's nice... also bullshit.
LOL, you can throw a temper tantrum all you want, it doesn't do anything to address me proving your claim incorrect.
Abortion is accountablity.
Shocking to see how radical American leftists have sprinted towards. Clinton was "Safe, legal, and rare"... now we have you and Anne Hathaway trying to say that it's a good, virtuous thing to abort children. Wow, you're going to look quite barbaric as we continue to find out more and more how alive a growing baby is.
It's a woman saying, "I'm not ready to be a mother, and this glob in my who-ha isn't a person, so out it goes." I wish MORE women would show such amazing clear-headed thought.
Why the double standards everywhere? Shouldn't she have thought of the consequences before acting? Why the continued soft bigotry against women?
Every time I see some little undisciplined bastard running around a store because his parent won't control it.
Dude, you must be one miserable person.
Her Body. Her choice.
The baby inside of her doesn't share her DNA, so... it's actually NOT her body, she's just assisting it in its maturity.
I'm sure he can make that claim... but it would be laughable.
Why more double standards?

Forum List

Back