Sens. McCain and Levin urged IRS to target Tea Party, conservative groups

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I would like to say that it's hard to believe a Republican was involved in this, but knowing McCain it's entirely believable:

Sens. McCain and Levin urged IRS to target Tea Party conservative groups - National Law Enforcement Examiner.com

Government documents obtained by a top "Inside the Beltway" watchdog group and released on Thursday reveal that Internal Revenue Service's Lois Lerner was strongly urged by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Michigan, and Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, her assistance in attacking certain non-profit political groups. The organizations they selected for targeting by Lerner were part of the Tea Party and conservative movements.

Newly released documents revealed that Sen. Levin (left) and Sen. McCain both urged the IRS to target conservative groups in the wake of the Citizens United decision.

The group that investigates and exposes government corruption, Judicial Watch, released newly acquired IRS documents, including an email from Ms. Lerner in February 2012 requesting she “put together some training points to help them [IRS staffers] understand the potential pitfalls of revealing too much information to Congress."

Doesn't surprise me one bit...establishment Republicans will do anything to limit primary challenges.

When will the indictments come out? Pretty ironic that McCain and former democrat senator Russ Feingold created the system that allowed the Tea Party groups to obtain tax exempt status. No surprise about Levin but I guess McCain thinks the law doesn't apply to him.

These arent the first reps we know urged Lerner to target TP groups. McCain is the first Republican to do so. But we always knew he was a RINO, so no shock there.

Forum List

Back