Send those Latino's back

Damn, I am now agreeing send them back south to the border so this one developer goes down the tubes. I think all of you righties will agree.

Major real estate developer takes on Trump's immigration policy: 'Don't send them home, send them to us'

• n 2018, 47% of general construction laborers were Hispanic or Latino, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
  • “In light of this week’s war of words in the American political arena, I felt compelled to put some thoughts down and to share them with you,” wrote Toby Bozzuto, CEO of Bozzuto Group, a multi-family developer, in an open letter to employees.
  • “It is not enough to stand by as intolerance of the “other” becomes increasingly normalized...Indeed, don’t send them home, send them to us,” he said.
The construction industry is heavily dependent on Hispanic and Latino workers, a workforce that diminished during the last housing crisis and has not come close to full recovery. Both single-family and multi-family homebuilders cite the current labor shortage as the key cause of higher prices and slower productivity.

In 2018, 47% of general construction laborers were Hispanic or Latino, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In specialty sectors, their share is even higher: 70% of drywall and ceiling tile installers, 56% of roofers and 55% of painters.

They can't build that Goddamn wall fast enough.
So, basically, what has happened is that LEGAL residents have been undercut by illegal labor, thereby making the job market even more difficult for Americans?

Most american, not all construction workers would rather take their weekly paycheck and buy alcohol and meth over the weekend and not show up until Wednesday of the next week.

Most american, not all construction workers would rather take their weekly paycheck and buy alcohol and meth over the weekend and not show up until Wednesday of the next week.
So, what are you saying? We should let illegals stay so those Americans have a harder time getting a decent wage?

So, what are you saying? We should let illegals stay so those Americans have a harder time getting a decent wage?

send 20 million home and you'll be begging for $15 min wage, and STILL STARVING TO DEATH ...

I say send them all back - all 20 million of them.

and watch Trumps economy crash and burn.

Not only that some states people hate anyway will crash, Florida, Texas, California, NY, Nevada and Illinois. Take away the billion's in sales tax and down the tubes.

RW fucks aren't going to stfu until they get bad times broke off in their ass..

Watching leftist city dwellers starving in the street isn't going to ruin my appetite.

So you oppose having immigration laws or a border or in the so-called ''rule of law''.

I oppose Trump not putting the economy in peril because RW's are so fucking stupid the only way to prove something is to show them.
I think you are wrong but I want the illegal pigs OUT!

Damn, I am now agreeing send them back south to the border so this one developer goes down the tubes. I think all of you righties will agree.

Major real estate developer takes on Trump's immigration policy: 'Don't send them home, send them to us'

• n 2018, 47% of general construction laborers were Hispanic or Latino, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
  • “In light of this week’s war of words in the American political arena, I felt compelled to put some thoughts down and to share them with you,” wrote Toby Bozzuto, CEO of Bozzuto Group, a multi-family developer, in an open letter to employees.
  • “It is not enough to stand by as intolerance of the “other” becomes increasingly normalized...Indeed, don’t send them home, send them to us,” he said.
The construction industry is heavily dependent on Hispanic and Latino workers, a workforce that diminished during the last housing crisis and has not come close to full recovery. Both single-family and multi-family homebuilders cite the current labor shortage as the key cause of higher prices and slower productivity.

In 2018, 47% of general construction laborers were Hispanic or Latino, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In specialty sectors, their share is even higher: 70% of drywall and ceiling tile installers, 56% of roofers and 55% of painters.

They can't build that Goddamn wall fast enough.
I think we should change the law to change the family immigration rule. I think Trump has proposed this. Restrict family immigration to spouses, brothers and sisters and parents, no grandparents, no cousins, nephews, aunts or uncles, no grandchildren, etc.

Use these immigration slots to bring people into the country with skills, not just scientists and engineers. Immigration requirements would include some knowledge of English, and skill, training, and experience needed to get a job in the US. So instead people walking a thousand miles to the border, spending a year locked up, stay home, learn some English get a job with real experience and apply for immigration.

It's strange our laws make it clear that immigrants should be able to support themselves, yet we admit people to the country that have little chance of doing that other than working in illegal businesses and sweat shops that pay practically nothing.

Last edited:
I think it's still against the law to employ someone who is in the U.S. illegally. Shouldn't the real estate developer be indicted for conspiracy to violate federal law and maybe CNBC for giving him a voice?

So you oppose having immigration laws or a border or in the so-called ''rule of law''.

I oppose Trump not putting the economy in peril because RW's are so fucking stupid the only way to prove something is to show them.

the economys buying power was no where close to 20 million people effected during the last recession, and you think I'm wrong ?

think in one hand, and shit in the other ....

the economys buying power was no where close to 20 million people effected during the last recession, and you think I'm wrong ?

think in one hand, and shit in the other ....
Too bad, illegal lover. Send them ALL back!

RW's are so fucking stupid...

Brilliant analysis.

We had 8 years of the community organizer's economy and it was underwhelming. That's why Hillary lost the swing states in 2016.

yank the buying power of 20 million people out of the economy and a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread will cost you $20 bucks.

is that not great or what ...

You’re so full of shit. The cost of supporting these bottom feeders with welfare, health services, schools, and keeping illegal convicts locked up is way more than what they contribute, no to mention the human cost of our own citizens who are often victims to illegal alien crimes like theft, rape, and murder.

You also act as if we don’t or won’t legally let some of them immigrate if we do actually need them for the economy.

I think it's still against the law to employ someone who is in the U.S. illegally. Shouldn't the real estate developer be indicted for conspiracy to violate federal law and maybe CNBC for giving him a voice?

Won't happen.

Not only that some states people hate anyway will crash, Florida, Texas, California, NY, Nevada and Illinois. Take away the billion's in sales tax and down the tubes.

Those jobs will be filled by American citizens who will pay those sales taxes and not send their money out of the country to be spent elsewhere.

So, we should let those illegals stay to further drive down the wages of Americans. Is that what I am hearing?

In my area wages are being driven up because of a lack of workers. Our Safeway grocery store has a sign in their window that says $500 bonus paid for cashiers. Wendy's and McDonald's have help want signs out. I ask a plumber who was doing some work for us last week about my grandson getting on as plumbing apprentice. He said all the companies were hiring. His company will start him out at $23/hr and that's with no experience. We just ordered new carpet. It will be in stock in a week but it will be 5 week before it can be installed because of lack of installers. Shortages of farm workers are forcing farmers to turn to more and more Mexican workers, however Mexico is also experiencing shortages as wages rise and less legal and illegal Mexicans enter the US.

We have over 8 million unfilled jobs in the US. Most economists seem to agree that labor shortages will be common over next decade. Some are expecting unfilled jobs to top 20 million in the next decade.

It seems likely that many of the people being told to go home today are going to be invited back in a few years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back