Senators Want To Know Why WNBA Players Make Less Money Than NBA Stars.

For the same reason why you pay less for a Mitsubishi than a Porsche. The performance and quality doesn't merit paying any more for the product.

The NBA is already subsidizing the WNBA as it is. Jesus Christ...what do these people expect?

Let’s not get into why.
Just have the women self associate as men and join the NBA.

Ooh, ooh.....let me explain.....

The NBA actually makes more money....because no one is interested in watching women's basketball.......
That’s exactly what a sexist would say.
Revenue determines how much teams have to pay athletes no revenue no large paydays. Be specific and explain how Women's Basketball is so prosperous it can afford to pay those contracts like in men's basketball.

Let’s not get into why.

The NBA actually makes more money....because no one is interested in watching women's basketball.......
That’s exactly what a sexist would say.
Revenue determines how much teams have to pay athletes no revenue no large paydays. Be specific and explain how Women's Basketball is so prosperous it can afford to pay those contracts like in men's basketball.
:1peleas:

11864999_10207853568924065_1237266936596221343_o.0.0.jpg

Looks like only family is in attendance.

Over the years I have paid good money to watch the NBA. I watched and followed men’s basketball and can name a lot of players.

I went to several WNBA games because my wife got free tickets and none of the other 100 plus people that she worked with wanted the free tickets. I had two daughters and thought they would like to go. That lasted about 3 or 4 games, then they said they didn’t want to go any more. When the free tickets went away, we never went again. Now, women’s college ball is fun to watch. Pros I don’t ever watch, couldn’t tell you who is playing and who plays. I hear Bill Lambier is a coach but that is the extent of my knowledge.

Let’s not get into why.

I’d watch if their dressed a bit more provocative.
You don’t want to see those women dressed provocatively.

Let’s not get into why.

Sure I do. Who wouldn’t?

Let’s not get into why.

It goes by how much popular the sport is. How many viewers that it generates. It is like how social media does it. The more viewers, the more companies will pay to advertise their products on their platform.

It's a man's world, except in the world of making money as a fashion model. According to a new ranking from Forbes magazine, male models are still making a fraction in annual salary when compared to their female counterparts.
Why Do Female Models Make More Than Male Models?

Let’s not get into why.

Sure I do. Who wouldn’t?
Men.

I'd like to add that women Senators should probably be paid less than men Senators.

Signed,

Trying to help in NY

come on, the left can't be this stupid. I find it hard to believe they are this stupid. I want to see economic degrees for these stupid fks.

This Senator is either truly stupid, or actually knows exactly why the women make far less, and is just trying to stir a pot that doesn't need to be stirred.

The title in this article is completely misrepresenting their argument. I believe they're fully aware of the revenue differential in the different sports. Rosen and Klobuchar specifically referenced this in the letter described in the OP.

"Despite the women team’s extraordinary success, reports have highlighted the fact that USWNT players have made only 38 percent of what players on the USMNT earned in previous years, and recent reports have made clear that disparities still persist. Meanwhile, despite the U.S. Soccer Federation’s assertions that the pay differential is based on difference in aggregate revenue generated by the two teams, the USWNT actually generated $900,000 more in revenue than the USMNT from fiscal year (FY) 2016 to FY 2018, according to an analysis by the Washington Post."

Rosen, Klobuchar Press for Hearing on Pay Disparity Between Men and Women Athletes | Senator Jacky Rosen

The above quote is specifically referring to soccer.

The following link is regarding the pay differential in basketball: WNBA Players Are Simply Asking For A Greater Share Of WNBA Revenues

"Currently, the NBA pays about 50% of its revenue to its players. The WNBA -- as I previously calculated (and also as noted by The New York Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer, ESPN, The Minnesota Star Tribune and The Washington Post) pays less than 25% of its revenue to its players. The players of the WNBA -- as A'ja Wilson specifically noted -- would like this revenue split to be changed."

Forum List

Back