Senator Michael Bennet (CO)- statesman

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Too bad very few others up on the Hill have morals &/or a spine to propose bills like this:

Michael Bennet - United States Senator for Colorado : Newsroom - Press Releases
To solve for the problem of outsized lobbyist influence and to close the revolving door, Bennet and Tester have proposed aggressive lobbying reform, which would:

Place a lifetime ban on current members of Congress from becoming lobbyists;
Increase the statutory staff restrictions on lobbying from one year to six years;
Ban lobbyists from joining Congressional staffs or committee staffs that they lobbied for six years;
Create a more accessible website for public reporting of lobbying activities;
Require substantial lobbying entities to report on the non-lobbyist employees they have who are former members of Congress or former senior congressional staff, and describing those employees’ job responsibilities; and
Increase the maximum penalty for violating the Lobbying Disclosure Act.

There should be a ban on staffers leaving to take jobs in the media too.

Seems like people, at least many on this forum are too gullible and swallow the two-party, false paradigm perpetuated by the plutocrat owned media. NEWSFLASH!!! Both parties work for the same people- the Plutocrats and let me tell you something- you 'aint one of 'em.

Last edited:
Too bad very few others up on the Hill have morals &/or a spine to propose bills like this:

Michael Bennet - United States Senator for Colorado : Newsroom - Press Releases
To solve for the problem of outsized lobbyist influence and to close the revolving door, Bennet and Tester have proposed aggressive lobbying reform, which would:

Place a lifetime ban on current members of Congress from becoming lobbyists;
Increase the statutory staff restrictions on lobbying from one year to six years;
Ban lobbyists from joining Congressional staffs or committee staffs that they lobbied for six years;
Create a more accessible website for public reporting of lobbying activities;
Require substantial lobbying entities to report on the non-lobbyist employees they have who are former members of Congress or former senior congressional staff, and describing those employees’ job responsibilities; and
Increase the maximum penalty for violating the Lobbying Disclosure Act.

It will never pass.

This once benevolent gov't is corrupt because pols are given ultimatums shortly after arriving in D.C. by the most powerful factions who own the place. You don't "play along" (become corrupt), they'll fund your opponent in the next election.

I'm more concerned about public sector jobs being unionized. They work directly against their employers (the tax payers) with no ability for the tax payer to negotiate any terms. It's a recent development and one of the most corrupting influences in government today. They force worker's to pay dues to keep their jobs and support candidates that may not reflect their values or interests.

I'm more concerned about public sector jobs being unionized. They work directly against their employers (the tax payers) with no ability for the tax payer to negotiate any terms. It's a recent development and one of the most corrupting influences in government today. They force worker's to pay dues to keep their jobs and support candidates that may not reflect their values or interests.

you're looking at the metaphorical tail of the snake while I'm looking at the head. Immobilize the head first THEN deal w/ the stuff down the line.

you're looking at the metaphorical tail of the snake while I'm looking at the head. Immobilize the head first THEN deal w/ the stuff down the line.
Down the line? You missed my point. They put those in office that make the laws.

Seems like people, at least many on this forum are too gullible and swallow the two-party, false paradigm perpetuated by the plutocrat owned media. NEWSFLASH!!! Both parties work for the same people- the Plutocrats and let me tell you something- you 'aint one of 'em.

Both parties work for the same people

yea no shit....and yet even though you say this you support the Democrats without question....rather hypercritical....but then thats who you are....

yea no shit....and yet even though you say this you support the Democrats without question....rather hypercritical....but then thats who you are....

I would have no problem in the world with a viable third party and if their platform makes more sense to me than the Democratic or Republican platform, then I would vote for them.

It's sometimes that simple.

I would have no problem in the world with a viable third party and if their platform makes more sense to me than the Democratic or Republican platform, then I would vote for them.

It's sometimes that simple.

i dont care if its viable or not....the 2 "viable" parties dont get nothing from me....they can play their little games and have their hangers on hang with them....if more people would get rid of this "2 party only" attitude and start showing it,maybe the 2 "viable" parties might start realizing they aint the only parties in town and straiten up....

Forum List

Back