Senator Marco Rubio: It's Constitutionally Valid To Refuse Services To Gay Marriages (He's Right)

I could change the two words to murderer and woman and it would as much lack sense as your attempt.
Skin color and gender are not ideologies or behavior choices.
neither is homosexuality.
Homosexuality is nothing but a behavior.
The same goes to everything humans do.
Right. Keyword, 'do'. Not 'are' which is what the homofascist agenda uses to try to confuse the issue when they try to compare with race and gender.
What the fuck?
As you've likely noticed by now, there are many ignorant, hateful conservatives on this site.

Most on the right here are comprehensively ignorant of the Constitution and its case law.

In this case, most conservatives are ignorant of the fact that Constitutional protections concern not just race or religion, but also concern the protected liberty of choice, where the right to self-determination is just as immune from attack by the state as race or religion; whether homosexuality manifests as a consequence of choice or birth is legally irrelevant, gay Americans have the right to decide personal, private matters concerning their lives absent unwarranted interference from government.

Right. Keyword, 'do'. Not 'are' which is what the homofascist agenda uses to try to confuse the issue when they try to compare with race and gender.
What the fuck?
As you've likely noticed by now, there are many ignorant, hateful conservatives on this site.

Most on the right here are comprehensively ignorant of the Constitution and its case law.

In this case, most conservatives are ignorant of the fact that Constitutional protections concern not just race or religion, but also concern the protected liberty of choice, where the right to self-determination is just as immune from attack by the state as race or religion; whether homosexuality manifests as a consequence of choice or birth is legally irrelevant, gay Americans have the right to decide personal, private matters concerning their lives absent unwarranted interference from government.
Which is the opposite of homo marriage.

What the fuck?

If by opposite, you mean "same" then yeah

What the fuck?

If by opposite, you mean "same" then yeah
Intellectually defeated lefty.

Try to make a valid argument that a business (regardless if it's one person) has rights before the individual citizen does.

here's a few ill just throw out:

1) the business owner simply doesnt want to - baseless discrimination
2) against the business owner's religion/beliefs - the government is not affiliated with any religion or ideology (besides 'liberty and democracy' i guess) and is not allowed to pass legislation that favors any religion or belief system.

The business owner is an individual citizen. They don't lose their rights as a citizen because they own a business. There is a balance between the rights of the consumer and the rights of the business and the consumer does not automatically win. There has to be a valid reason.
exactly, there has to be a valid reason that you're denying someone service. and their race, gender, religion, and sexuality are not valid reasons.

So tell me, what is the compelling reason to force a photographer to take pictures of a wedding?
There is none, however there is compelling reason to force the photographer to give them an estimate/review of their wedding.
BTW, you example #2 is flat wrong. The government can't enforce religion or favor one religion over another, but it can certainly pass legislation in favor of religion in general. That, in fact, is what the first amendment does.
protecting freedom of religion isn't supporting religion, it's supporting individual rights. that's what the first amendment does.

What is the compelling reason for an estimate?
There is no reason to not give them an estimate. However there are various reasons to not actually give them a shoot; location and price differences come off the top of my head.

Giving an estimate implies an offer to do work. The reason for not giving an estimate is that you don't intend to do the work. I am asking what is the compelling reason for the state to require the photographer give an estimate.

288qosn.jpg
That was even less coherent than your normal posts.
BRIDE: I would like to order a cake. I'm marrying the most wonderful man in the world!

BAKER: Congratulations! What kind of wedding cake would you like?

BRIDE: I would like to order a cake. I'm getting married again! The last guy turned out to be a total flake, but this one is Mr. Right.

BRIDE: I would like to order a cake. I'm getting married again! Third time's the charm!

HOMO: I would like to order a cake. I'm marrying the most wonderful man in the world!

BAKER: Get out of here you unholy piece of garbage! My cakes are for traditional, biblical marriages!

and?

exactly, there has to be a valid reason that you're denying someone service. and their race, gender, religion, and sexuality are not valid reasons.

There is none, however there is compelling reason to force the photographer to give them an estimate/review of their wedding.
protecting freedom of religion isn't supporting religion, it's supporting individual rights. that's what the first amendment does.
Denying a service to those acting on a sexuality -- per religious beliefs -- is legit. Denying service to an acknowledged pedophile is the same thing.
Denying a service to those acting on christianity -- per religious beliefs -- is legit. Denying service to an acknowledged white person is the same thing.

see how that statement doesn't make an argument? it kinda just says something without backing. That's your logic, only changing two words. and it's shit. make an argument.
I could change the two words to murderer and woman and it would as much lack sense as your attempt.

No, it isn't.

What the fuck?

I could not agree more. What I object to is this notion that there is only one side to the issue. A business owner who has deeply held beliefs also has rights. When these two rights come into conflict it should not just be a matter of "my side automatically wins". Is it right to impose upon those beliefs (whether you agree with them or not) regardless if failing to do so creates no real hardship on the other party?

That was even less coherent than your normal posts.
BRIDE: I would like to order a cake. I'm marrying the most wonderful man in the world!

BRIDE: I would like to order a cake. I'm getting married again! The last guy turned out to be a total flake, but this one is Mr. Right.

BRIDE: I would like to order a cake. I'm getting married again! Third time's the charm!

HOMO: I would like to order a cake. I'm marrying the most wonderful man in the world!

BAKER: Get out of here you unholy piece of garbage! My cakes are for traditional, biblical marriages!
but marrying a woman three times isn't against the bib- oh wait
Sorry but died and made you Pope?
nobody, but that doesn't mean I can't read the bible you fucking retard.
No one said you couldnt. But what you cannot do is tell other people how to be religious.

What the fuck?

The liberals are far more hateful and ignorant than the conservatives on this site.
Please quote the section of the Constitution that deals with the "right of self-determination." My edition seems to have missed it.

What the fuck?

The liberals are far more hateful and ignorant than the conservatives on this site.
Please quote the section of the Constitution that deals with the "right of self-determination." My edition seems to have missed it.

You also won't find a right to restricted association. Nor will you find anything which prevents the states (or the feds in terms of interstate issues) from prohibiting discrimination.

It
Denying a service to those acting on a sexuality -- per religious beliefs -- is legit. Denying service to an acknowledged pedophile is the same thing.
Denying a service to those acting on christianity -- per religious beliefs -- is legit. Denying service to an acknowledged white person is the same thing.

see how that statement doesn't make an argument? it kinda just says something without backing. That's your logic, only changing two words. and it's shit. make an argument.

No, it isn't.
It's a behavior. Just like pedophiloa. Until acted upon it's an impulse. Once realized it's only a behavior.

It

No, it isn't.
It's a behavior. Just like pedophiloa. Until acted upon it's an impulse. Once realized it's only a behavior.
Homosexuality and pedophilia are both mentalities or states of mind. You don't have to behave on your mentality to be your sexuality.

It

No, it isn't.
Homosexuality and pedophilia are both mentalities or states of mind. You don't have to behave on your mentality to be your sexuality.
But their only relevance is per behavior.

It

No, it isn't.
But their only relevance is per behavior.
No, not really. You can like guys, not have sex with guys (for whatever reason), and still be a homosexual.

Forum List

Back