Biden: American Jews Can Only Rely on Israel, Not US

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Another Slow Joe moment.... How much more do you DemocRAT Jews have to hear before understanding that the ELITE of your party don't care about you?

INN ^
An incredible admission by US Vice President Joe Biden has been revealed, in which he told Jewish leaders that should the American Jewish community be in danger, it has only Israel to rely on—and not America. […] “You understand in your bones that no matter how hospitable, no matter how consequential, no matter how engaged, no matter how deeply involved you are in the United States…there’s only one guarantee. “There is really only one absolute guarantee, and that’s the state of Israel,” he stated. Responding to the statement, Corey Robin of Salon wrote how disturbing the statement is, given that...

Sorry bout that,

1. He was told by Obama to say that.
2. Fuck him and Obama.
3. Neither one deserves any respect from a anyone.
4. No one loves these losers.
5. I am sure their own people hate their guts!
6. Both he and Obama deserve our scorn.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

• Banned
q4qNsd6.jpg

Rightwing frenzy again.

I think what Biden meant was - political regimes change - anti-semitism rises and falls - there's no guarantee that the events and culture that led to the Holocaust might not happen again, and if they did - can you count on the government or even your neighbors? Remember - we, the US - turned refugees away. Look how readily folks jump to hate and believe crazy conspiracy theory crap. Israel will always stand up for the Jewish people and provide a home for them. I think that is what Biden was trying to say.

Not sure I agree or not - I like to think we are a better now than we were then. But the 1940's wasn't that long ago.

• Banned
Rightwing frenzy again.

I think what Biden meant was - political regimes change - anti-semitism rises and falls - there's no guarantee that the events and culture that led to the Holocaust might not happen again, and if they did - can you count on the government or even your neighbors? Remember - we, the US - turned refugees away. Look how readily folks jump to hate and believe crazy conspiracy theory crap. Israel will always stand up for the Jewish people and provide a home for them. I think that is what Biden was trying to say.

Not sure I agree or not - I like to think we are a better now than we were then. But the 1940's wasn't that long ago.

Nice spin!

Rightwing frenzy again.

Nice spin!

You mean like the one in your OP?

Rightwing frenzy again.

Nice spin!

Yes, it's HARD to understand plain English, and you need a left wing moderator to spin it for him.... Nice spin, as I said

There is no one, no individual or group that this evil regime won't betray. Jews have to keep that in mind when they vote.

Another Slow Joe moment.... How much more do you DemocRAT Jews have to hear before understanding that the ELITE of your party don't care about you?

INN ^
An incredible admission by US Vice President Joe Biden has been revealed, in which he told Jewish leaders that should the American Jewish community be in danger, it has only Israel to rely on—and not America. […] “You understand in your bones that no matter how hospitable, no matter how consequential, no matter how engaged, no matter how deeply involved you are in the United States…there’s only one guarantee. “There is really only one absolute guarantee, and that’s the state of Israel,” he stated. Responding to the statement, Corey Robin of Salon wrote how disturbing the statement is, given that...

Here's another article on the same comment...that offers something more than the knee-jerk partisan responses (I have yet to be convinced that the Republicans have any greater care). As a matter of fact...it's kind of a good commentary that puts Biden's comments into a different light - spin or not :dunno: BaltimoreJewishLife.com Joe Biden s Israel Stunner American Jews Should Let Israel Protect Them

Which brings us back to Joe Biden and his stunning remark last September. Often known to put his foot in his mouth, Biden may have simply been making some a version of a Kinsley gaffe, inadvertently revealing a widely shared conviction that most officials, if they thought about it for a second, would never dare to publicly admit.

The reason no one has been ruffled by his statement, I suspect, has less to do with any special sensitivity to Jewish experience than with an ancient, not altogether wholesome, notion that the Jews are somehow different. Historically, Jews were thought to be indigestible, never fully a part of the polity, exotic, other, with divided loyalties, not deserving or even worthy of the same respect or treatment accorded to other peoples.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with Jews wanting to be separate and apart, or even with their having divided loyalties (my problem with the State of Israel is of a different order). But it’s that issue of respect and equal treatment that bothers me, of the Jew being marked by the state for special handling, even when—especially when—it’s framed as an expression of compassion and sensitivity. I’m as leery of philosemitism as I am of anti-Semitism. While intended to demonstrate his intuitive knowledge of Jewish anxieties and empathy for Jewish concerns, Biden’s comment betrays, in its Bideneseque way, an almost blasé conviction that, in the end, the Jew doesn’t really belong here, that his real home lies elsewhere.

When it comes to Israel, it’s often said, the normal rules don’t apply. When compared to the experience of Malcolm X or the statements of JFK, Biden’s remarks suggest that that’s true. But it’s not just Israel that’s being treated as an exception here. It’s the Jews. And that’s not something that should be applauded. Least of all by Jews.

INN ^

Here's another article on the same comment...that offers something more than the knee-jerk partisan responses (I have yet to be convinced that the Republicans have any greater care). As a matter of fact...it's kind of a good commentary that puts Biden's comments into a different light - spin or not :dunno: BaltimoreJewishLife.com Joe Biden s Israel Stunner American Jews Should Let Israel Protect Them

Which brings us back to Joe Biden and his stunning remark last September. Often known to put his foot in his mouth, Biden may have simply been making some a version of a Kinsley gaffe, inadvertently revealing a widely shared conviction that most officials, if they thought about it for a second, would never dare to publicly admit.

The reason no one has been ruffled by his statement, I suspect, has less to do with any special sensitivity to Jewish experience than with an ancient, not altogether wholesome, notion that the Jews are somehow different. Historically, Jews were thought to be indigestible, never fully a part of the polity, exotic, other, with divided loyalties, not deserving or even worthy of the same respect or treatment accorded to other peoples.

Personally, I don’t have a problem with Jews wanting to be separate and apart, or even with their having divided loyalties (my problem with the State of Israel is of a different order). But it’s that issue of respect and equal treatment that bothers me, of the Jew being marked by the state for special handling, even when—especially when—it’s framed as an expression of compassion and sensitivity. I’m as leery of philosemitism as I am of anti-Semitism. While intended to demonstrate his intuitive knowledge of Jewish anxieties and empathy for Jewish concerns, Biden’s comment betrays, in its Bideneseque way, an almost blasé conviction that, in the end, the Jew doesn’t really belong here, that his real home lies elsewhere.

When it comes to Israel, it’s often said, the normal rules don’t apply. When compared to the experience of Malcolm X or the statements of JFK, Biden’s remarks suggest that that’s true. But it’s not just Israel that’s being treated as an exception here. It’s the Jews. And that’s not something that should be applauded. Least of all by Jews.

A single persons opinion that agrees somewhat with you... very enlightening!

"When it comes to Israel, it’s often said, the normal rules don’t apply. "....WHO often says this?

INN ^

"When it comes to Israel, it’s often said, the normal rules don’t apply. "....WHO often says this?

Have no idea. Read the entire article.

INN ^

YOU quoted it dear, YOU can tell me!

Rightwing frenzy again.

Nice spin!

Nothing like the opening post...doesn't even come close.

INN ^

YOU quoted it dear, YOU can tell me!

Nope. Read the article.

He makes some interesting points though. What do you think of what I highlighted?

Rightwing frenzy again.

Nice spin!

Yes, it's HARD to understand plain English, and you need a left wing moderator to spin it for him.... Nice spin, as I said

And that coming from someone who's sole point in posting this is to use Jews to score political points :)

Forum List

Back