Senator Cruz: One of the Smartest, Most Educated Persons to Ever Run for President?

Cruz wants to repeal Obamacare to the letter. That's 20 million Americans losing healthcare.

Sell that in the general election.

Well he could just lie like Obama did are you okay with that?

Obama GOT those people healthcare.

If you think Cruz is lying and secretly supporting Obamacare, well, that's your problem, isn't it?

Obama lied about keeping your plan and doctor, millions lost theirs so I'm fine if Cruz lies to get elected, enough of the left's double standards. You can't have one side playing by the rules while the left lies and cheats.

Cruz will ne
if Cruz picks the right VP, it will make a difference. he is gonna have to decide between the other three leading candidates. it may just be a matter of what states his VP choice will take. we just have to wait and see how Cruz is polling in those 5-7 crucial purple states. Who knows, maybe by sept 2016, Cruz will have a commanding lead in Nevada,Colorado and New Mexico.

Cruz will never get close

As smart as Cruz may be, when he manipulated a Government shutdown to force Obama to back down, Obama just smiled and slapped Cruz around

The shutdown was an act of a political moron

First Cruz is a Senator, and the US Senate does not have the power to shut down anything.

Second, Cruz was an advocate of sound fiscal policy, wherein he advocated to hold the Executive accountable for his reckless spending.

But it sounds to me like you're referring to the time that the House refused to allow a tiny fraction of Federal Spending and the Executive refused to sign the bill which would have provided for the Government to continue operating.

Which resulted in the Executive shutting down the a tiny fraction of the government, wherein he demonstrated his hate for working Americans, veterans and the Constitution of the United States.

There was no downside for any American which came as a result of such, but it did mark the last day when obama and the Left were relevant.
Revisionist history and professed ignorance does not buy you anything

The shutdown was the brainchild of Cruz, that senior Senators and Congressmen would go along with it says a lot about the sad state of the GOP
2014 election shows the sad state of the Democratic Party.

2016 will fix that

You wonder what planet some of these folks live on when you read their comments about Cruz. The liberals here are mostly far-left fire-eaters and do not represent most Democrats.

Cruz is well liked by those who work with him. Even Jeffrey Toobin of CNN said he's a warm and personable individual. He's also very smart.

And, gee, I guess the "nutty" stuff Cruz supports is "crazy" stuff like, humm, balancing the federal budget, eliminating duplicative federal programs, abolishing federal agencies that are unnecessary, reducing the regulatory burden on American businesses, reducing our corporate income tax to enable our corporations to better compete and grow (our corporate tax rate is the second highest among industrialized nations), protecting unborn babies from elective abortions, protecting religious freedom, etc., etc. Yeah, wow, what "nutty" ideas!

As smart as Cruz may be, when he manipulated a Government shutdown to force Obama to back down, Obama just smiled and slapped Cruz around

First Cruz is a Senator, and the US Senate does not have the power to shut down anything.

Second, Cruz was an advocate of sound fiscal policy, wherein he advocated to hold the Executive accountable for his reckless spending.

But it sounds to me like you're referring to the time that the House refused to allow a tiny fraction of Federal Spending and the Executive refused to sign the bill which would have provided for the Government to continue operating.

Which resulted in the Executive shutting down the a tiny fraction of the government, wherein he demonstrated his hate for working Americans, veterans and the Constitution of the United States.

There was no downside for any American which came as a result of such, but it did mark the last day when obama and the Left were relevant.

The shutdown was the brainchild of Cruz, that senior Senators and Congressmen would go along with it says a lot about the sad state of the GOP

2016 will fix that

The Left lost ACROSS THE BOARD in 2010, 2012 and 2014... Since obama came to power, you idiots have far fewer governors, FAR Fewer State Legislators, FAR FAR FEWER LOCAL Mayors, City and County Councilmen and woman and in Federal Governance you've lost Majorities in BOTH Houses of The Legislature...

As those in DC know, vis a vis the desperation, the Democrat Party will lose MORE seats in 2016, in both the Senate and Congress and you will not find a Democrat running as a liberal... anywhere in the US for any office.

so far all i have seen and read.., the dumbo demoliberrats are scared shitless that Cruz is going to be the next president.., i love watching them shit and piss all over themselves like a 6 mo. old baby, and spew :puke3: all over us, in fact they are crying and whining like one also !

i have no sympathy for them in fact i love watching them :dig: their own graves, keep :dig: you fucking morons. :muahaha: ... :muahaha: ... :muahaha:

2016 will fix that

The Left lost ACROSS THE BOARD in 2010, 2012 and 2014... Since obama came to power, you idiots have far fewer governors, FAR Fewer State Legislators, FAR FAR FEWER LOCAL Mayors, City and County Councilmen and woman and in Federal Governance you've lost Majorities in BOTH Houses of The Legislature...

As those in DC know, vis a vis the desperation, the Democrat Party will lose MORE seats in 2016, in both the Senate and Congress and you will not find a Democrat running as a liberal... anywhere in the US for any office.
Keep trying:
Senate%2Bvotes%2Bseats.png

so far all i have seen and read.., the dumbo demoliberrats are scared shitless that Cruz is going to be the next president.., i love watching them shit and piss all over themselves like a 6 mo. old baby, and spew :puke3: all over us, in fact they are crying and whining like one also !

i have no sympathy for them in fact i love watching them :dig: their own graves, keep :dig: you fucking morons. :muahaha: ... :muahaha: ... :muahaha:
The Canadian Wetback with the Wacko Wife doesn't have a chance little man. He's fun to beat on though. Want to read the wife's police report?

If he is so smart how come he does so much stupid stuff?

If Obama was a Constitutional Scholar, why doesn't he obey the Constitution? Why does he do everything to ignore it?

If the 4 judges who ruled Obamacare was unconstitutional are constitutional scholars, why won't they obey the Constitution?

That would be Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, and Alito. Why do they hate the Constitution?

There might be a universe in which that would-be rejoinder makes sense, but this aint that universe.

The Justices who ruled that ObumblerCrap was unconstitutional (unlike Chief Justice Roberts and those shit for brain liberal Justices) DID obey the Constitution.

If he is so smart how come he does so much stupid stuff?

If Obama was a Constitutional Scholar, why doesn't he obey the Constitution? Why does he do everything to ignore it?

He objects to the "charter of negative rights."

He's a fucking clueless self serving typically smarmy liberal who only values such "rights" as suit him and his goals.
The answer I am getting for the question I asked about why Cruz does such stupid stuff is that it is Obama's fault because some folks have an opinion that he allegedly doesn't follow the constitution. That is why Cruz does stupid stuff. Well, at least we agree about the Cruz doing stupid stuff part. The reason might be a little iffy. Could just be.........BENGHAZI!!!

I am not tracking whatever it is you are attempting to say. You are quite unclear.

What 'stupid' stuff is it you claim that Cruz has done?

Try being concise and specific.
I asked a simple question. If Cruz is so smart, why does he do such stupid stuff. The question was deflected with an answer that Obama didn't follow the constitution and you joined in by continuing the deflection instead of answering my question. You quoted my post. Why does Cruz do stupid stuff is a pretty clear question.

Let's try this again for you, you woefully ignorant twit.

Your very stupid question ASSumes a fact not in evidence.

What exactly do you have on your so-called "mind" when you speak of Cruz' allegedly "stupid stuff?" Try to answer that simple question this time, why don't ya?

The Canadian Wetback with the Wacko Wife doesn't have a chance little man. He's fun to beat on though. Want to read the wife's police report?

Cruz is an American of Hispanic descent, you assclown bigoted lolberal shit for brain puke.

He is not just smarter than Obumbler (who the hell isn't?) but he is tremendously smarter than you and most laughable liberals.

His wife is also not the candidate.

You asshole lolberals truly ARE still stuck on stupid.

at least Cruz knows how many states there are. too bad it wasnt a Cruz/Obama debate in 2012.

It's hilarious that righties have to reach back into 2008, seven years ago, to misrepresent a bit of sarcasm Obama made to the crowd on one of his campaign stops.

Bitch, please. Is it REALLY your contention that one needs to go back seven years for the last such gaffe by Obumbler?

Face facts. The man is an idiot.

Excuse me, bitch, but I was responding to this, idiot.
Need help getting those feathers out of your mouth?

""Rexx Taylor, post: 11066011, member: 52839"]at least Cruz knows how many states there are. too bad it wasnt a Cruz/Obama debate in 2012."""

You are not excused you rat twat. But you are a fucking moron.

I didn't ask you who you were addressing. And I don't care, because it doesn't matter.

You say stupid shit because you ARE in fact quite tragically stupid.

I will comment on your insipid baseless sub-cretin posts whenever I choose to do so. It amuses me to rub your nose in your abundant supply of poo, you lolberal shitstain.

Both sides like to portray the other as stupid, dumb, poorly informed, hollow, etc., and in some cases those labels are justified, but no rational person can believe such things about Cruz. Clearly, Cruz is very smart and very well educated.

Yes, he is smart and well educated.

But he is politically inept and that it putting it kindly.

In order to become POTUS you need to build allies, supporters and a base of willing volunteers nationwide.

You do that by forming alliances, sucking up to supporters and telling people what they want to hear depending upon the audience that you are speaking to.

Reagan knew that, Clinton knew that, Karl Rove knew that and did it for Bush jr.

Cruz is actually doing the exact opposite to all of the above.

He is alienating those who would be his allies in his own party. He is turning off supporters by doing stupid things like shutting down the government handing the Dems the opportunity to push through Obama nominees. And he is preaching to the extreme right choir while ignoring the other 80% of the nation. Without them he will never stand a chance of ever becoming POTUS.

So Cruz is an idiot-savant. He might be a brilliant academic but he is a political cretin.

He's a fucking clueless self serving typically smarmy liberal who only values such "rights" as suit him and his goals.
The answer I am getting for the question I asked about why Cruz does such stupid stuff is that it is Obama's fault because some folks have an opinion that he allegedly doesn't follow the constitution. That is why Cruz does stupid stuff. Well, at least we agree about the Cruz doing stupid stuff part. The reason might be a little iffy. Could just be.........BENGHAZI!!!

I am not tracking whatever it is you are attempting to say. You are quite unclear.

I asked a simple question. If Cruz is so smart, why does he do such stupid stuff. The question was deflected with an answer that Obama didn't follow the constitution and you joined in by continuing the deflection instead of answering my question. You quoted my post. Why does Cruz do stupid stuff is a pretty clear question.

What exactly do you have on your so-called "mind" when you speak of Cruz' allegedly "stupid stuff?" Try to answer that simple question this time, why don't ya?
Where to begin? How about his comments about the rock and roll response vs. the country music response after 9/11. Reading Dr. Seuss in the Senate and his dopey shut down the government strategy wasn't to bright, and placating to the extremist right at the expense of alienating everyone else sure doesn't show a lot of smarts,

Where to begin? How about his comments about the rock and roll response vs. the country music response after 9/11. Reading Dr. Seuss in the Senate and his dopey shut down the government strategy wasn't to bright, and placating to the extremist right at the expense of alienating everyone else sure doesn't show a lot of smarts,

You have successfully demonstrated that you are too fucking stupid to make the distinction between his SAYING somethings with which you disagree (and would label in your own ignorance as being "stupid") and DOING something (anything) stupid.

When one filibusters, one merely has to continue reading or speaking. The book is not the point. Green Eggs and Ham would not have been the best choice, perhaps, but it served its purpose.

The comments about the country music response were inconsequential and fairly meaningless, in my view. But it wasn't "doing" anything stupid.

He wouldn't garner YOUR support regardless of what he said. Your mind is firmly stuck on stupid.

Why don't you try focusing on the imbecile things said by liberal Democrap geniuses, like our current VP?

Intellectually, Cruz is very bright
Socially, he is a moron

Let's compare Cruz to Palin

Palin went to six colleges to try to eke out a Communications degree. Hard to mistake her for a genius
However, Palin knows people. She knows how to work a room, crack a smile, make a joke. She is someone people gravitate to

Cruz is basically a dick. He is awkward in public, you cringe when he tells a joke and poses to tell you this is where you are supposed to laugh. Cruz has no political allies in either party.
Politically, Cruz is inept in forming a coalition and reaching an agreement

Sounds like Obama tbh.

Senator Ted Cruz may be among the smartest and best educated persons to ever run for president. Consider:

* He attended a private elementary school and high school and graduated from high school as the class valedictorian.

* He began formally studying economics when he joined the Free Market Education Foundation--at the age of 13.

* He earned a bachelor’s degree in public policy and graduated cum laude from Princeton University.

* While he was at Princeton, he won the top speaker award at the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. That same year, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year.

* In 1995, he was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, which made him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship. Princeton's debate team later honored him by naming their annual novice championship after him.

* Next, he attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude and at the top of his class in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.

* While at Harvard, he was selected to be a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. And, unlike when Obama was “selected” to be the HLR editor, the selection committee did not have to lower the selection standards to enable Cruz to be selected. (As most here know, Obama was only named HLR editor after the selection committee lowered the selection standards; otherwise, he would not have even qualified for consideration.)

* Regarding Cruz’s performance as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant." (Incidentally, CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who spent hours interviewing Cruz, has likewise said that Cruz is a very smart man.)

* While at Harvard, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.

* After graduating from Harvard, he served as a law clerk to Judge J. Michael Luttig of the Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and then for Chief Justice William Rehnquist of the U.S. Supreme Court, becoming the first Hispanic to clerk for a SCOTUS Chief Justice.

Cruz also has an impressive resume in terms of professional achievement and public service. Consider:

* Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

* From 2003 to 2008 he served as Solicitor General of Texas. As Solicitor General, Cruz argued before the Supreme Court nine times, winning five of his cases.

That's barely .500.

What a loser.

he is tremendously smarter than you and most laughable liberals.
The Right believe Cruz's ability to lie makes him smarter than honest Americans.

Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.
Samuel Butler

Forum List

Back