Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!
Disagreed. Just because alcohol is legal didn't create a nation of alcoholics as the authoritarian asshats forecast.

Carrie-Nation-3230319-x1.jpg
Silly woman was railing against her only chance of ever getting laid. How ironic...

What's ironic is that everything the prohibitionists said would happen, did happen. Broken families, destroyed lives, uncontrolled alcoholism. Worst of all, the way alcoholics have become younger and younger.

So, they were right all along.

As it is right now, with the exception of states where the marijuana situation is legalized, you can buy marijuana from a dealer whose supply is from a drug cartel. No taxes are collected. It can be sold near schools and playgrounds and parks. It can be tainted with hazardous chemicals. The quality can be substandard.

With legalization nationwide the cartels trafficking in pot would be out of business. Regulations concerning sales and quality would be in place. Our prison population would not balloon with non violent pot users and sellers. And most importantly, jobs would be created, entrepreneurs would have the chance at building their own businesses, banks would be able to loan money for those businesses and taxes would be collected.

Arguments about the effect on society must be tempered by the fact that there are many pot users right now. The only downside with those users is the current laws. We should remember the lessons Prohibition taught us.

Last edited:
What's ironic is that everything the prohibitionists said would happen, did happen. Broken families, destroyed lives, uncontrolled alcoholism. Worst of all, the way alcoholics have become younger and younger.

And it would happen even if booze was illegal...

Disagreed. Face it, Tipsy, you're a Liberal. Your attitude believes that if we banned all guns there'd be no violence and no suicides.

I am all for the legalization of marijuana. I would never smoke it, I think that would be a real stupid idea, just like I think smoking cigarettes is stupid.

Lots of ways to consume marijuana, there are medical benefits, especially the CBD. It helps the person deal with chronic pain without getting the high THC produces. Marijuana helps with nausea, a common side effect in chemotherapy. It also has been linked to slowing certain cancers.

Now, which is worse, opioid painkillers with many short and long term side effects or marijuana. Which is worse doing chemotherapy or marijuana?

There is a physiological addiction to marijuana and there is the physical addiction to opioids that doctors have prescribed and is now a major epidemic in our nation.

There are side effects with excessive marijuana use, however once you stop using it, symptoms go away.

With anything, excess is bad moderation is what we strive for.

Last edited:
No need for a flower to be a controlled substance. Fucking idiots.
I have been encouraging potheads to smoke, eat, or drink foxglove in a tea for years. It's a flower and a high to die for.
how do you know?.....
Foxglove is a well known poisonous plant. Which doesn't mean potheads shouldn't give it a try.
you said its a high to die for....how would you know?...
A suggestion to druggies that they should try a "flower". After all if flowers are harmless, branch out a little.
why wont you answer that simple question i asked?....how do you know its a high to die for?........

Asmit is right now, with the exception of state's where the marijuana situation is legalized, you can buy marijuana from a dealer whose supply is from a drug cartel. No taxes are collected. It can be sold near schools and playgrounds and parks. It can be tainted with hazardous chemicals. The quality can be substandard.

With legalization nationwide the cartels trafficking in pot would be out of business. Regulations concerning sales and quality would be in place. Our prison population would not balloon with non violent pot users and sellers. And most importantly, jobs would be created, entrepreneurs would have the chance at building their own businesses, banks would be able to loan money for those businesses and taxes would be collected.

Arguments about the effect on society must be tempered by the fact that there are many pot users right now. The only downside with those users is the current laws. We should remember the lessons Prohibition taught us.

You forgot less need for law enforcement.

Pot is NOT addictive, but pot haters are juuuuust fine allowing " prescribed" meds to be taken like candy. Which is thousands of times more dangerous, and addictive. Those are the people who teach kids, do surgery, fix your teeth, work at a bank. Functional addicts until they hit bottom.
Pot is addictive for some people. Trust me, I'm a musician.
Some people can't handle drinking responsibly. Should they be banned from drinking?
Where did I say addiction means ban?

Pot is NOT addictive, but pot haters are juuuuust fine allowing " prescribed" meds to be taken like candy. Which is thousands of times more dangerous, and addictive. Those are the people who teach kids, do surgery, fix your teeth, work at a bank. Functional addicts until they hit bottom.
Some people can't handle drinking responsibly. Should they be banned from drinking?
Are you trying to deflect from the claim that potheads are non violent?

If rhe victim had a gun these potheads would not be beating anyone else up. Pot does not make someone peaceful. Potheads do not want to sit around and eat chips. They are violent killers.

You list ONE case of violence involving pot. Now go ahead and share about 5,000 more and you might have a point. And before you go listing ones about gang members committing crimes while high... use some common sense, because the gang members are not committing crimes because of pot, it's because they are fucking gang members.
Every time a pothead smokes in public they are committing an act of violence by injecting a mind-altering poison into others' bodies in their vicinity. Children and babies included. Creepy. It's becoming epidemic with the decriminalization of pot. The public sphere is being held hostage by ignorance.

Some people can become mentally obsessed with pot, but it is not physically or chemically addictive.

Can You Get Addicted To Weed? Is Marijuana Addictive?

The Surgeon General’s 1996 report entitled “Facing Addiction in America” describes marijuana as one of the “addictive drugs,”

Controversy over the recreational use of marijuana (cannabis) arises from the psychoactive properties of its primary ingredient–tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabis also contains nearly 500 compounds that include 85 other cannabinoids and tetrahydrocannabivarins, which contribute to the acuteness of marijuana’s affect on the brain.

Marijuana is a dry, shredded green and brown mix of flowers, stems, seeds, and leaves derived from the hemp plant, known as “cannabis sativa”. The active chemical in marijuana which provides the mind-altering effect is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

The most popular method of using marijuana is smoking it in hand-rolled cigarettes, known as a “joint”. It can also be smoked in small pipes or large water-filled devices called “bongs”. It can also be put into varies foods, like cookies or brownies. Marijuana smoke gives off a very pungent order.
According to the U.S. government statistics (SAMHSA)

Marijuana is the most-used drug after alcohol and tobacco in the United States. According to SAMHSA:
In 2014, about 22.2 million people ages 12 and up reported using marijuana during the past month.
Also in 2014, there were 2.6 million people in that age range who had used marijuana for the first time within the past 12 months. People between the ages of 12 and 49 report first using the drug at an average age of 18.5.
In the past year, 4.2 million people ages 12 and up met the criteria for a substance use disorder based on marijuana use.

These were the numbers 2-3 year ago and the laws have changed dramatically since then to make smoking pot much easier.

Marijuana over-stimulates the endocannabinoid system in the brain, leading to both psychological and physical dependency. In fact, nearly 10 percent of people who smoke marijuana will eventually develop a dependency. Further, of the seven million Americans addicted to drugs, over four million are hooked on “pot”.

Is Marijuana Addictive?
is-marijuana-addictive-150x150.jpg
Today there still seems to be some debate about whether you can become addicted to cannabis, or not. However, make no mistake about it; marijuana is addictive. For too long, popular culture has cast it as a near harmless source of “mind-altering entertainment”. Simply put, that is untrue. Pot is the most widely used and abused illicit drug in the world. Clinical studies, diagnostic and laboratory research, as well as anecdotal evidence, has shown that marijuana use can and does lead to dependence, abuse and addiction.

Is Marijuana Addictive? Can You Get Addicted To Weed? | Addict Help
About 10% is the average for addicts in other categories like food, sex, alcohol, cigarettes, etc...So it is not surprising...But i go without weed and do not feel the desire to smoke nearly as bad as stopping the use of cola...
Then don't push the lie that it's not addictive.

As it is right now, with the exception of states where the marijuana situation is legalized, you can buy marijuana from a dealer whose supply is from a drug cartel. No taxes are collected. It can be sold near schools and playgrounds and parks. It can be tainted with hazardous chemicals. The quality can be substandard.

No amount of legalization is going to change any of that.

Disagreed. Face it, Tipsy, you're a Liberal. Your attitude believes that if we banned all guns there'd be no violence and no suicides.
She isn't liberal in any way. She's a typical nanny state social conservative, worried that somewhere, somehow, someone is experiencing happiness.

Some people can become mentally obsessed with pot, but it is not physically or chemically addictive.

Can You Get Addicted To Weed? Is Marijuana Addictive?

The Surgeon General’s 1996 report entitled “Facing Addiction in America” describes marijuana as one of the “addictive drugs,”

Controversy over the recreational use of marijuana (cannabis) arises from the psychoactive properties of its primary ingredient–tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabis also contains nearly 500 compounds that include 85 other cannabinoids and tetrahydrocannabivarins, which contribute to the acuteness of marijuana’s affect on the brain.

Marijuana is a dry, shredded green and brown mix of flowers, stems, seeds, and leaves derived from the hemp plant, known as “cannabis sativa”. The active chemical in marijuana which provides the mind-altering effect is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

The most popular method of using marijuana is smoking it in hand-rolled cigarettes, known as a “joint”. It can also be smoked in small pipes or large water-filled devices called “bongs”. It can also be put into varies foods, like cookies or brownies. Marijuana smoke gives off a very pungent order.
According to the U.S. government statistics (SAMHSA)

Marijuana is the most-used drug after alcohol and tobacco in the United States. According to SAMHSA:
In 2014, about 22.2 million people ages 12 and up reported using marijuana during the past month.
Also in 2014, there were 2.6 million people in that age range who had used marijuana for the first time within the past 12 months. People between the ages of 12 and 49 report first using the drug at an average age of 18.5.
In the past year, 4.2 million people ages 12 and up met the criteria for a substance use disorder based on marijuana use.

These were the numbers 2-3 year ago and the laws have changed dramatically since then to make smoking pot much easier.

Marijuana over-stimulates the endocannabinoid system in the brain, leading to both psychological and physical dependency. In fact, nearly 10 percent of people who smoke marijuana will eventually develop a dependency. Further, of the seven million Americans addicted to drugs, over four million are hooked on “pot”.

Is Marijuana Addictive?
is-marijuana-addictive-150x150.jpg
Today there still seems to be some debate about whether you can become addicted to cannabis, or not. However, make no mistake about it; marijuana is addictive. For too long, popular culture has cast it as a near harmless source of “mind-altering entertainment”. Simply put, that is untrue. Pot is the most widely used and abused illicit drug in the world. Clinical studies, diagnostic and laboratory research, as well as anecdotal evidence, has shown that marijuana use can and does lead to dependence, abuse and addiction.

Is Marijuana Addictive? Can You Get Addicted To Weed? | Addict Help
About 10% is the average for addicts in other categories like food, sex, alcohol, cigarettes, etc...So it is not surprising...But i go without weed and do not feel the desire to smoke nearly as bad as stopping the use of cola...
Then don't push the lie that it's not addictive.
Show me where I did...

Are you trying to deflect from the claim that potheads are non violent?

If rhe victim had a gun these potheads would not be beating anyone else up. Pot does not make someone peaceful. Potheads do not want to sit around and eat chips. They are violent killers.

You list ONE case of violence involving pot. Now go ahead and share about 5,000 more and you might have a point. And before you go listing ones about gang members committing crimes while high... use some common sense, because the gang members are not committing crimes because of pot, it's because they are fucking gang members.
Every time a pothead smokes in public they are committing an act of violence by injecting a mind-altering poison into others' bodies in their vicinity. Children and babies included. Creepy. It's becoming epidemic with the decriminalization of pot. The public sphere is being held hostage by ignorance.
Man, you must be high thinking crap like that..

Forum List

Back