Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

The marijuana industry, like the gaming industry, is not only a job creator but a revenue machine. It's important if you want jobs, a regulated drug trade, increased tax revenue for states and municipalities and a decrease in our prison population.

Frankly, I don't see a down side.
Is the drug safe or harmful?
Is tobacco? Is alcohol?
Harmful? Hell yes! So why legalize another harmful substance?
If a steak can harm a six month old baby, should I be barred from buying a steak?

The harmful argument applies to fire arms too.

The harmful argument applies to spray cans and automobiles and archery sets.
All good arguments for taking opiods. Good for you.

Don't bar anyone from taking anything.

End support. No more medical care. No rehab. Parents who throw addicts that are minors in the street cannot be prosecuted. No wefare, no ebt, no trip to the emergency room. Ban narcan. The right to use Deadly force against a druggie is unquestioned.
Then, maybe, we wouldn't have Rudy Eugene's crimes be compared to a paper cut.

Rudy Eugene: No Bath Salts, Only Marijuana Found In Face-Eater Toxicology Tests (VIDEO, PHOTOS) | HuffPost

Oh you found 2 marijuana related articles. Only 4,998 more to go. Please tell me you aren't really this stupid and you are just being stubborn because you are a prude about pot. I don't smoke pot or do any drugs, but even I know doing pot is a non-violent offense. We talked about it over and over and over in my college course about Alcohol and the law, and in many other courses.

The marijuana industry, like the gaming industry, is not only a job creator but a revenue machine. It's important if you want jobs, a regulated drug trade, increased tax revenue for states and municipalities and a decrease in our prison population.

Is tobacco? Is alcohol?
If a steak can harm a six month old baby, should I be barred from buying a steak?

End support. No more medical care. No rehab. Parents who throw addicts that are minors in the street cannot be prosecuted. No wefare, no ebt, no trip to the emergency room. Ban narcan. The right to use Deadly force against a druggie is unquestioned.

Rudy Eugene: No Bath Salts, Only Marijuana Found In Face-Eater Toxicology Tests (VIDEO, PHOTOS) | HuffPost
Hey! We're talking about legalizing marijuana here! Get it?
Marijuana, not opioids!

Is tobacco? Is alcohol?

Oh you found 2 marijuana related articles. Only 4,998 more to go. Please tell me you aren't really this stupid and you are just being stubborn because you are a prude about pot. I don't smoke pot or do any drugs, but even I know doing pot is a non-violent offense. We talked about it over and over and over in my college course about Alcohol and the law, and in many other courses.
Read the info or not. I don't care! Got it?

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!

Pot is NOT addictive, but pot haters are juuuuust fine allowing " prescribed" meds to be taken like candy. Which is thousands of times more dangerous, and addictive. Those are the people who teach kids, do surgery, fix your teeth, work at a bank. Functional addicts until they hit bottom.
Pot is addictive for some people. Trust me, I'm a musician.
Some people can't handle drinking responsibly. Should they be banned from drinking?
They should be banned from driving

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!

Pot is NOT addictive, but pot haters are juuuuust fine allowing " prescribed" meds to be taken like candy. Which is thousands of times more dangerous, and addictive. Those are the people who teach kids, do surgery, fix your teeth, work at a bank. Functional addicts until they hit bottom.
Some people can't handle drinking responsibly. Should they be banned from drinking?
Are you trying to deflect from the claim that potheads are non violent?

If rhe victim had a gun these potheads would not be beating anyone else up. Pot does not make someone peaceful. Potheads do not want to sit around and eat chips. They are violent killers.
Sometimes we eat crackers or cereal...Muffins if we must and plenty of peanut butter, yeah, I've killed a few jars of peanut butter....

Some people can become mentally obsessed with pot, but it is not physically or chemically addictive.

Can You Get Addicted To Weed? Is Marijuana Addictive?

The Surgeon General’s 1996 report entitled “Facing Addiction in America” describes marijuana as one of the “addictive drugs,”

Controversy over the recreational use of marijuana (cannabis) arises from the psychoactive properties of its primary ingredient–tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabis also contains nearly 500 compounds that include 85 other cannabinoids and tetrahydrocannabivarins, which contribute to the acuteness of marijuana’s affect on the brain.

Marijuana is a dry, shredded green and brown mix of flowers, stems, seeds, and leaves derived from the hemp plant, known as “cannabis sativa”. The active chemical in marijuana which provides the mind-altering effect is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

The most popular method of using marijuana is smoking it in hand-rolled cigarettes, known as a “joint”. It can also be smoked in small pipes or large water-filled devices called “bongs”. It can also be put into varies foods, like cookies or brownies. Marijuana smoke gives off a very pungent order.
According to the U.S. government statistics (SAMHSA)

Marijuana is the most-used drug after alcohol and tobacco in the United States. According to SAMHSA:
In 2014, about 22.2 million people ages 12 and up reported using marijuana during the past month.
Also in 2014, there were 2.6 million people in that age range who had used marijuana for the first time within the past 12 months. People between the ages of 12 and 49 report first using the drug at an average age of 18.5.
In the past year, 4.2 million people ages 12 and up met the criteria for a substance use disorder based on marijuana use.

These were the numbers 2-3 year ago and the laws have changed dramatically since then to make smoking pot much easier.

Marijuana over-stimulates the endocannabinoid system in the brain, leading to both psychological and physical dependency. In fact, nearly 10 percent of people who smoke marijuana will eventually develop a dependency. Further, of the seven million Americans addicted to drugs, over four million are hooked on “pot”.

Is Marijuana Addictive?
is-marijuana-addictive-150x150.jpg
Today there still seems to be some debate about whether you can become addicted to cannabis, or not. However, make no mistake about it; marijuana is addictive. For too long, popular culture has cast it as a near harmless source of “mind-altering entertainment”. Simply put, that is untrue. Pot is the most widely used and abused illicit drug in the world. Clinical studies, diagnostic and laboratory research, as well as anecdotal evidence, has shown that marijuana use can and does lead to dependence, abuse and addiction.

Is Marijuana Addictive? Can You Get Addicted To Weed? | Addict Help

Some people can become mentally obsessed with pot, but it is not physically or chemically addictive.

The Surgeon General’s 1996 report entitled “Facing Addiction in America” describes marijuana as one of the “addictive drugs,”

Controversy over the recreational use of marijuana (cannabis) arises from the psychoactive properties of its primary ingredient–tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Cannabis also contains nearly 500 compounds that include 85 other cannabinoids and tetrahydrocannabivarins, which contribute to the acuteness of marijuana’s affect on the brain.

Marijuana is a dry, shredded green and brown mix of flowers, stems, seeds, and leaves derived from the hemp plant, known as “cannabis sativa”. The active chemical in marijuana which provides the mind-altering effect is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

The most popular method of using marijuana is smoking it in hand-rolled cigarettes, known as a “joint”. It can also be smoked in small pipes or large water-filled devices called “bongs”. It can also be put into varies foods, like cookies or brownies. Marijuana smoke gives off a very pungent order.

Marijuana is the most-used drug after alcohol and tobacco in the United States. According to SAMHSA:
In 2014, about 22.2 million people ages 12 and up reported using marijuana during the past month.
Also in 2014, there were 2.6 million people in that age range who had used marijuana for the first time within the past 12 months. People between the ages of 12 and 49 report first using the drug at an average age of 18.5.
In the past year, 4.2 million people ages 12 and up met the criteria for a substance use disorder based on marijuana use.

These were the numbers 2-3 year ago and the laws have changed dramatically since then to make smoking pot much easier.

Marijuana over-stimulates the endocannabinoid system in the brain, leading to both psychological and physical dependency. In fact, nearly 10 percent of people who smoke marijuana will eventually develop a dependency. Further, of the seven million Americans addicted to drugs, over four million are hooked on “pot”.

Is Marijuana Addictive?
Today there still seems to be some debate about whether you can become addicted to cannabis, or not. However, make no mistake about it; marijuana is addictive. For too long, popular culture has cast it as a near harmless source of “mind-altering entertainment”. Simply put, that is untrue. Pot is the most widely used and abused illicit drug in the world. Clinical studies, diagnostic and laboratory research, as well as anecdotal evidence, has shown that marijuana use can and does lead to dependence, abuse and addiction.

About 10% is the average for addicts in other categories like food, sex, alcohol, cigarettes, etc...So it is not surprising...But i go without weed and do not feel the desire to smoke nearly as bad as stopping the use of cola...

Is Marijuana Addictive?

I tend to consider 'hooked' to be very different from physical addiction.

I am hooked on Skyrim, but I am not physically addicted to it.

I'm glad our elected officials are focusing on the important shit....

/sarcasm

Useless tools running our country

Yeah, it's not that important. We have TONS of issues that are in need of attention and pot is at the bottom of that list, if it's even on the list.
Most Americans don't care if your nasty habit is legal or not.
True there are more important issues, but this isn't just about people getting high. Pot is big business and, consequently, big taxes.

$1 Billion In Marijuana Taxes Is Addictive To State Governors
States are addicted to cannabis tax revenues. According to a new report from New Frontier Data, states with legalized marijuana are on track to generate approximately $655 million in state taxes on retail sales in 2017. Within that tax figure, $559 million will come just from cannabis taxes, much more than from alcohol taxes.

The report also forecasts that tax revenues in states with legalized marijuana will reach $1.8 billion, of which $1.4 billion will be from cannabis specific taxes. This money isn't easily replaceable if the Department of Justice reviews its current approach to marijuana. Plus, the Trump administration is calling for deep cuts in many programs with its proposed budget and this puts further pressure on state governors to continue providing services its residents have come to expect.
States are addicted to cannabis tax revenues. According to a new report from New Frontier Data, states with legalized marijuana are on track to generate approximately $655 million in state taxes on retail sales in 2017. Within that tax figure, $559 million will come just from cannabis taxes, much more than from alcohol taxes.

The report also forecasts that tax revenues in states with legalized marijuana will reach $1.8 billion, of which $1.4 billion will be from cannabis specific taxes. This money isn't easily replaceable if the Department of Justice reviews its current approach to marijuana. Plus, the Trump administration is calling for deep cuts in many programs with its proposed budget and this puts further pressure on state governors to continue providing services its residents have come to expect.

/sarcasm

Yeah, it's not that important. We have TONS of issues that are in need of attention and pot is at the bottom of that list, if it's even on the list.
True there are more important issues, but this isn't just about people getting high. Pot is big business and, consequently, big taxes.

$1 Billion In Marijuana Taxes Is Addictive To State Governors

They tax the shit out of cigarette smokers too!

It'll never make it past Trumps desk. Nice political move by Booker I guess.
Why not? Do you think he's an authoritarian asshole?

President Trump declared he'd veto the Russian sanctions bill before he signed it.

No need for a flower to be a controlled substance. Fucking idiots.
I have been encouraging potheads to smoke, eat, or drink foxglove in a tea for years. It's a flower and a high to die for.
how do you know?.....
Foxglove is a well known poisonous plant. Which doesn't mean potheads shouldn't give it a try.
you said its a high to die for....how would you know?...

/sarcasm

Then why not legalize it and free up law enforcement to focus on things that matter, like violent crimes and theft.

No need for a flower to be a controlled substance. Fucking idiots.
I have been encouraging potheads to smoke, eat, or drink foxglove in a tea for years. It's a flower and a high to die for.
how do you know?.....
Foxglove is a well known poisonous plant. Which doesn't mean potheads shouldn't give it a try.
you said its a high to die for....how would you know?...
A suggestion to druggies that they should try a "flower". After all if flowers are harmless, branch out a little.

Forum List

Back