Senator Al Franken Won´t Resign From Senate: Will Spend Thanksgiving ´doing a lot of reflecting´

I want to make fun of Al some more, I just can't do it what I read off Facebook..people make mistakes in life use poor judgement, if I can't accept his apologies, then I am just a hypocrite

I just submitted a post where I predicted exactly this. The Republicans are assembling the circular firing squad while the Dims circle the wagon. Not a single Dim called for Franken to resign. There you have the double standard in spades.

A spokesperson for Sen. Al Franken, a Democrat from Minnesota, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that 'no' the embattled senator would not resign over allegations that he fondled and kissed a woman without her permission 11 years ago.

'He is spending time with his family in Washington, D.C., and will be through the Thanksgiving holiday,' the aide told the newspaper. 'And he's doing a lot of reflecting.'

. . . . . . . . .

Franken's initial statement noted that he did not remember the USO skit happening that way.

A second statement was more apologetic, as Franken that he would cooperate in a Senate Ethics Committee investigation into his behavior.
The Senate Ethics Committee is a joke. Dim senators are positively mocking us. They are giving us the Bronx cheer. I just don't understand how anyone can be stupid enough to vote for these slimy shameless reptiles.
His is reflecting on all the pussy he grabbed.

I just submitted a post where I predicted exactly this. The Republicans are assembling the circular firing squad while the Dims circle the wagon. Not a single Dim called for Franken to resign. There you have the double standard in spades.

A spokesperson for Sen. Al Franken, a Democrat from Minnesota, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that 'no' the embattled senator would not resign over allegations that he fondled and kissed a woman without her permission 11 years ago.

'He is spending time with his family in Washington, D.C., and will be through the Thanksgiving holiday,' the aide told the newspaper. 'And he's doing a lot of reflecting.'

. . . . . . . . .

Franken's initial statement noted that he did not remember the USO skit happening that way.

A second statement was more apologetic, as Franken that he would cooperate in a Senate Ethics Committee investigation into his behavior.
The Senate Ethics Committee is a joke. Dim senators are positively mocking us. They are giving us the Bronx cheer. I just don't understand how anyone can be stupid enough to vote for these slimy shameless reptiles.

He'll stay in defiance and under protection of the lapdog media. It's hypocritical bullshit like this as to why the Democrats lose. Americans aren't voting for the GOP, they are voting against Democrat Hypocrisy.

. . . . . . . . .

He'll stay in defiance and under protection of the lapdog media. It's hypocritical bullshit like this as to why the Democrats lose. Americans aren't voting for the GOP, they are voting against Democrat Hypocrisy.
We watched ABC News last night. They did about 15 seconds on Franken...just reporting his refusal to resign and how sorry he was....then they did about 4 minutes on Moore...with very critical opinion added.

Is it any wonder Americans who consume too much DNCMSM, are uninformed?

. . . . . . . . .

We watched ABC News last night. They did about 15 seconds on Franken...just reporting his refusal to resign and how sorry he was....then they did about 4 minutes on Moore...with very critical opinion added.

Any wonder there are two medias? The Left is still in denial that the media is biased.

. . . . . . . . .

Any wonder there are two medias? The Left is still in denial that the media is biased.
The big media is doing a great job of dividing Americans. It is disgusting and revolting. Amazingly many on the Left do not see it.

. . . . . . . . .

The big media is doing a great job of dividing Americans. It is disgusting and revolting. Amazingly many on the Left do not see it.

Sure they do, but they support it.

. . . . . . . . .

Finger Boy, I challenged you to essplain on what basis Franken even should resign.
You went "humma humma humma" and ran away.

So your thread here has no basis from which to launch.

Doesn't matter though --- right?

SMFH
most of those on the right want him to resign because the left is CONSTANTLY calling for people to resign, be disqualified or fired for not following their line of thinking.

if you're "side" is going to set some arbitrary standard of ethics they damn well need to follow it and it's painfull obvious the left is not doing so. they have taken identity politics to horrible extremes and now WHO people are is punishable moreso than WHAT people do. someone they like can do something and nothing. not a peep. someone they don't like does it, OFF WITH THEIR HEAD.

so now when these occasions come up to rub their smug-noses in it, the right will do so and demand equal punishment for equal offenses and suddenly ANYTHING related to "sexual offenses" is now an extreme crime for the biggest reason of to hit the left back with them.

this mindset puts us in a perpetual state of "payback" we can't seem to get out of and it sucks.

. . . . . . . . .

One of them touched a child. Anyone with an ounce of common sense and critical thinking ability could understand that.

. . . . . . . . .

Finger Boy, I challenged you to essplain on what basis Franken even should resign.

SMFH
most of those on the right want him to resign because the left is CONSTANTLY calling for people to resign, be disqualified or fired for not following their line of thinking.

if you're "side" is going to set some arbitrary standard of ethics they damn well need to follow it and it's painfull obvious the left is not doing so. they have taken identity politics to horrible extremes and now WHO people are is punishable moreso than WHAT people do. someone they like can do something and nothing. not a peep. someone they don't like does it, OFF WITH THEIR HEAD.

so now when these occasions come up to rub their smug-noses in it, the right will do so and demand equal punishment for equal offenses and suddenly ANYTHING related to "sexual offenses" is now an extreme crime for the biggest reason of to hit the left back with them.

this mindset puts us in a perpetual state of "payback" we can't seem to get out of and it sucks.

So long as the media is on your side, you are invulnerable. That's what this episode proves.

. . . . . . . . .

SMFH

So long as the media is on your side, you are invulnerable. That's what this episode proves.
except the more the media does this the less pull they have.

could be because of the backlash, however.

. . . . . . . . .

SMFH

Lotta words just to set up a strawman that can't stand up.

Unfortunately for you I already cited the example of Larry Craig. In both cases I wanted to know what the basis would be for resigning. In neither case did I get an answer, because there isn't one.

David Vitter's another example. While Craig didn't run again, Vitter did. That put his judgment in the hands of his constituents, which is where it belongs. As it will be if and when Franken runs again, as it will be for Moore next month.

Period.

I don't live in Alabama; whether he should drop out or whether he should be elected or not is not my decision. I also do not live in Minnesota. The thing is --- neither does Fingerboy live in either of those states. Therefore he doesn't get even that starting point. However he went ahead and assumed a starting point he's not even entitled to, and I challenged him to explain his rationale. Either one. He can't do it. He also proclaims Roy Moore to be "an innocent man". He can't back that up either.

Them's the facts, Jacks.

Last edited:

. . . . . . . . .

SMFH

Lotta words just to set up a strawman that can't stand up.

Unfortunately for you I already cited the example of Larry Craig. In both cases I wanted to know what the basis would be for resigning. In neither case did I get an answer, because there isn't one.

David Vitter's another example. While Craig didn't run again, Vitter did. That put his judgment in the hands of his constituents, which is where it belongs. As it will be if and when Franken runs again, as it will be for Moore next month.

Period.
you can't just put your dick away and talk to people w/o the digs and insults can you?

nothing changes the fact far too many people on both sides scream OFF WITH THEIR HEADS at every little move away from the social norm THEY hold dear to themselves.

the left did it for a long time and still does it and now the right is in a payback mode where they will defend their assholes cause the left defended theirs for 8 years and somewhere along the way right and wrong got skewed to preferences.

. . . . . . . . .

In order of eligibility for resignation based on their sexual predatory behaviors, from worst to least are:

1) Donald Trump
2) Roy Moore
3) Al Franken.

When Trump resigns, and Moore quits, then I will join you in demanding Franken resign.

. . . . . . . . .

In order of eligibility for resignation based on their sexual predatory behaviors, from worst to least are:

1) Donald Trump
2) Roy Moore
3) Al Franken.

When Trump resigns, and Moore quits, then I will join you in demanding Franken resign.

There's no evidence of such for the first two names on your list, moron.

. . . . . . . . .

1) Donald Trump
2) Roy Moore
3) Al Franken.

There's no evidence of such for the first two names on your list, moron.
Whatever you say, willfully blind monkey. :lol:

. . . . . . . . .

That's nice, but we really need to focus on Roy Moore.

. . . . . . . . .

SMFH

"most of those on the right want him to resign because the left is CONSTANTLY calling for people to resign"

I see. So, the people on the right of which you speak are mindless sheep whose behavior is caused and controlled by other people. Fascinating.

Oh, and they also don't really care about what he did, by your logic. So they are amoral sheep. There, now we're clear.

Forum List

Back