Al Franken: 'I should be a senator'

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
"I should be a senator. What happened was just something very odd at a certain moment ... I believe I should still be there, and I believe if I had gotten due process, I would," Franken said.
Franken, a left-wing senator elected in 2008, resigned in January 2018 after Leeann Tweeden, a radio host and former sports commentator, accused him of kissing her without her consent while the two were rehearsing a skit. After she accused him of groping her, a photo was released that showed Franken, who at the time of the photo had not yet been elected to Congress, with his hands apparently hovering over Tweeden's breasts as she slept.

Comment:
Franken is still super creepy.
It's not just his abuse of his female coworker that is the problem.
It is his supremist contempt for average mainstream Americans who work hard and don't bother anyone.
He doesn't accept and respect the Constitution that protects everyone's right from political and government abuses.
He doesn't even deserve to be calling himself a comedian.

If he is that interested, he should run.

The voters will determine if he made his case….

"I should be a senator. What happened was just something very odd at a certain moment ... I believe I should still be there, and I believe if I had gotten due process, I would," Franken said.
Franken, a left-wing senator elected in 2008, resigned in January 2018 after Leeann Tweeden, a radio host and former sports commentator, accused him of kissing her without her consent while the two were rehearsing a skit. After she accused him of groping her, a photo was released that showed Franken, who at the time of the photo had not yet been elected to Congress, with his hands apparently hovering over Tweeden's breasts as she slept.

Comment:
It is his supremist contempt for average mainstream Americans who work hard and don't bother anyone.
He doesn't accept and respect the Constitution that protects everyone's right from political and government abuses.
Hmmm...I believe Anthony Weiner believes the same thing...as does Harvey Weinstein and Prince Andrew!

Nope. He's a groper. He's gone, and he should be gone. Any groper, either party, should be gone.

But Democrats make special rules for themselves. The Democratic staffers who came forward to speak out against Franken groping them, they were drummed out of the party.

He's not wrong. He shouldn't have resigned over that, however, he got an early taste of his party's growing wokeness, but we didn't have the term for it just yet.
It was a typical sham indiscretion political hit job over his breaking up the merger of Comcast (MSNBC)and Time Warner (CNN) in which other politicians are/were in the pockets of those corps BUT AL Franken did not play their game.
That being said, he can't complain, because he took part in the same behavior against his political rival and got bit by the same dog he released on others.

Let's not forget that he was elected by 312 votes only after a trunk load of "lost" ballots were discovered and awarded to him. By the way, more than 350 convicted felons cast illegal votes in that election. Back then (2008) Republicans didn't have the balls to challenge fraudulent elections.

IMHO, Franken did not act like a person who was falsely accused and pissed off about it. But considering some of our past presidents and their conduct with respect to women (Kennedy, Clinton, Trump) and some members of Congress on both sides, it isn't the disqualifier anymore. Oughta be maybe, but isn't. So, if he wants to run again, so be it.

Comment:
He should still be a senator. He is no creepier than a hundred other men currently receiving handsome pay to sit in the Capitol Building. He certainly ought to be held in higher esteem than Matt Gaetz.

I have to ask where you see evidence that Franken holds "supremist contempt for average mainstream Americans who work hard and don't bother anyone". Where do you see evidence that he doesn't accept and respect the Constitution? I fully expect that you will not respond to these queries because I HIGHLY doubt any such evidence exists. I think they are a complete fabrication on your part as you could find nothing besides his sexual harassment issues to attack him with. And, of course, I have to wonder if conservatives don't choose to minimize such offenses so as not to have to deal equitably with the numerous and far better documented cases of sexual abuse their lord and master has committed. I suspect THAT is why you make up these other comments. And none of your fellow conservatives will do anything but nod their heads.

Some information on Al Franken's record as a US senator. All from Alan “Al” Franken, former Senator for Minnesota - GovTrack.us

Here are 4 bills which Franken originated which were enacted into law:

Bills Sponsored​

Issue Areas​

Franken sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:

Education (27%) Health (26%) Energy (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Taxation (7%) Labor and Employment (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (4%) Law (4%)

Recently Introduced Bills​

Franken recently introduced the following legislation:

Here are some of Franken's key votes

Franken voted Yea

On the Nomination PN374: Scott L. Palk, of Oklahoma, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of …
Nomination Confirmed 79/16 on Oct 26, 2017.

Franken voted Yea

On the Nomination PN48: Linda E. McMahon, of Connecticut, to be Administrator of the Small Business Administration
Nomination Confirmed 81/19 on Feb 14, 2017.

Franken voted Nay

H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Bill Passed 72/26 on Sep 28, 2016.

The Continuing Appropriations and Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017, and Zika Response and Preparedness Act (H.R. 5325) is an appropriations …

Franken voted Yea

S. 764: Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2015
Motion Agreed to 63/30 on Jul 7, 2016.

This bill was the vehicle for passage of the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act, which is the form it was enacted it. Prior to …

Franken voted Yea

H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Conference Report Agreed to 83/16 on Dec 3, 2015.

H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the …

Franken voted Yea

H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Joint Resolution Passed 78/22 on Sep 18, 2014.

Franken voted Nay

H.R. 4302 (113th): Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014
Bill Passed 64/35 on Mar 31, 2014.

Section 212 of this bill pushed back the deadline to implement the ICD-10 code set to October 1, 2015. The Cutting Costly Codes Act of …

Franken voted Nay

H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
Conference Report Agreed to 81/14 on Dec 21, 2012.

Franken voted Nay

H.R. 1540 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
Conference Report Agreed to 86/13 on Dec 15, 2011.

Franken voted Yea

H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Motion Agreed to 81/19 on Dec 15, 2010.

The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known …

Franken voted Nay

On the Nomination PN959: Ben S. Bernanke, of New Jersey, to be Chairman of the Board of Governors of the …
Nomination Confirmed 70/30 on Jan 28, 2010.

Franken missed 1.3% of roll call votes, slighly lower than the average missed votes record of the congresses in which he served.

All of this tells me that your accusations are pure and simple BULLSHIT.

He should still be a senator. He is no creepier than a hundred other men currently receiving handsome pay to sit in the Capitol Building. He certainly ought to be held in higher esteem than Matt Gaetz.

I have to ask where you see evidence that Franken holds "supremist contempt for average mainstream Americans who work hard and don't bother anyone". Where do you see evidence that he doesn't accept and respect the Constitution? I fully expect that you will not respond to these queries because I HIGHLY doubt any such evidence exists. I think they are a complete fabrication on your part as you could find nothing besides his sexual harassment issues to attack him with. And, of course, I have to wonder if conservatives don't choose to minimize such offenses so as not to have to deal equitably with the numerous and far better documented cases of sexual abuse their lord and master has committed. I suspect THAT is why you make up these other comments. And none of your fellow conservatives will do anything but nod their heads.
Franken is a far left supremist bigot.
I do not take notes and deliver reports about it.
I have just been observing it for a long time now.
These Far Left Democrats such as Franken use hate and fear as their political tools.
The Democrat Party treats the taxpayers like slaves who they can load an infinite amount of burden upon.
They are completely dishonest on almost all issues.
The Left loathes the constitution because it is designed to protect the citizens from government abuse.
BTW, Man Made Climate Change is another political tool of fear that fools fall for.

Franken quit the Senate voluntarily.

It isn't like he didn't admit that he was wrong.

Changing his mind now is sort of hypocritical I'd say.

Forum List

Back