Senate Republicans Pass Massive Deficit Spending Bill

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Analysis | The Finance 202: Now, the hard part: Writing a tax bill

The Senate budget also authorizes lawmakers to blow a gaping hole in the deficit, roughly twice the size of the 2009 stimulus package that 38 then-Senate Republicans opposed, despite earlier pledges to offset its cost. The House version prescribed a deficit-neutral approach, but House Republicans now are likely to accept the Senate plan in the interest of accelerating work on a tax overhaul.

Trump is very pleased we are making our debt even bigger.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg

The Senate budget also authorizes lawmakers to blow a gaping hole in the deficit, roughly twice the size of the 2009 stimulus package that 38 then-Senate Republicans opposed, despite earlier pledges to offset its cost. The House version prescribed a deficit-neutral approach, but House Republicans now are likely to accept the Senate plan in the interest of accelerating work on a tax overhaul.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg
You could always leave this country and then not worry about the debt, even after Obama doubled what was left him by the previous 43 presidents...

I am glad OP would fully support a trillion budget cut in spending for 2019.

Applause for OP. He won't tolerate deficit spending.

Last edited:
Is there no end to the GOP hypocrisy. The debt is SUCH an issue, when obama was in office . Now , they don't give a flying F about it.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg
You could always leave this country and then not worry about the debt, even after Obama doubled what was left him by the previous 43 presidents...
And the GOP doubled what was left to them by the previous 42 when they last had all the power.

And now they are about to double what was left to them by the previous 44.

Of course you don't mention any of that, hack.

Lower tax rates could easily be paid for by eliminating tax expenditures.

But even pseudocons scream like welfare queens when THEIR government gifts are threatened.

So our politicians do what the people want. They give the people gifts, and massively borrow to pay for those gifts.

"Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

We get the politicians we deserve.

Is there no end to the GOP hypocrisy. The debt is SUCH an issue, when obama was in office . Now , they don't give a flying F about it.
The debt was such an issue when George Bush was in office, Then when Obama got in they didn't give a flying F about it..

But even pseudocons scream like welfare queens when THEIR government gifts are threatened.

So our politicians do what the people want. They give the people gifts, and massively borrow to pay for those gifts.

You don't work do you, that means you don't get a government gift of a tax refund, of your OWN FUCKING MONEY...

We get the politicians we deserve
Bitch and moan, typical of a whiney ass liberal, but never leave for Cuba where the sand is warm the water blue, and you don't have any fucking rights.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg

You know what, after what Bush left him its no wonder. Those tax cuts are for the elites and I think you just pretend you are one of them.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg

You know what, after what Bush left him its no wonder. Those tax cuts are for the elites and I think you just pretend you are one of them.
Yep I pretend that I own a crap load of Home Depot stock. I pretend that I own a crap load of Ford stock. Yep I love to pretend....Bwaaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhaaaa. Keep being a victim of that liberalism, you deserve it..

trump_tweet_budget.jpg

Yep I pretend that I own a crap load of Home Depot stock. I pretend that I own a crap load of Ford stock. Yep I love to pretend....Bwaaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhaaaa. Keep being a victim of that liberalism, you deserve it..

Probably on food stamps.

Here's how to balance the budget, lower tax rates, stimulate the economy, and reform campaign finance the right way.

1. Eliminate tax expenditures. All those deductions, credits, and exemptions which make your tax return so complicated and which are a boon to tax preparers. Tax expenditures add up to $1.4 trillion a year.

Every. Year.

What can the government do with $1.4 trillion? It can give most of it back to the people in the form of tax cuts. It can use some to pay down the $20 trillion debt which was created by these $1.4 trillion in tax expenditures in the first place!

2. Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward. We are living decades longer than our ancestors who created Social Security, it is just plain common sense we should be working longer.

Only 5.4% of the population were over the age of 65 in 1935. By 1965, when Medicare was added, 9% of the population were over 65. Today, that figure is approaching 15%. This is an unsustainable trend which will bankrupt our treasury.

3. Reform healthcare insurance to be just like auto, home, and life insurance. You pick up a phone and call whatever insurance company you wish, and buy what health insurance you need. You should not be hostage to your employer who offers a single option, take-it-or-leave-it policy which disappears if you leave or lose your job. This is one more reason to eliminate the employer-sponsored health insurance exemption in our tax code which encourages this boondoggle which drives up the cost of health care.

This current Republican idea of "buying insurance across state lines" is a carefully worded hoax. It in no way means you will be able to call any insurance company in America that you wish, like you do with auto, home, and life insurance. This hoax is designed to benefit insurance company profits, not YOU.

These simple reforms would not only balance the budget, they would provide an astronomical surplus. A surplus which can be used to lower tax rates for everyone, pay down the debt, and provide aid to our citizens with catastrophic illnesses. Lower tax rates, a budget surplus, and lowering debt would provide massive stimulus to the economy. And without the ability to put tax expenditures in the tax codes, special interests would have no incentive to bribe our politicians to do so, thus reforming campaign finance the right way.

Now watch Koshbot come along and call me a "far left drone". BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

trump_tweet_budget.jpg

Probably on food stamps.
Then you should thank me for being able to help support your welfare queen habit...I know I am not nor ever have been on government assistance, but since you have declared that you are on food stamps, you should show a little love to the white guy they take money from so you can eat, you fucking ingrate.

The Republican tax reform plan is not going to take away the punch bowl from the special interests.

The tax cuts are not going to be offset with tax expenditure (spending) cuts.

So...our national debt will get bigger, asphyxiating our economic growth.

If you think the deficit is exploding with this Trump/GOP plan, just wait until the next downturn.

Let's cut spending by $1 trillion for 2019 and have a flat 15% tax on all income over $20,000.

Who are "THE RICH", and what is their "FAIR SHARE"?

FF540-1-1024x731.png

trump_tweet_budget.jpg

So you complain about Obama era deficits and then defend Trump for wanting to make them even bigger.

That's weird.

Not a good day for deficit reduction fans, new budget includes increases deficit up to 1.5 trillion.

Forum List

Back