Senate Republicans Pass Massive Deficit Spending Bill

Analysis | The Finance 202: Now, the hard part: Writing a tax bill

The Senate budget also authorizes lawmakers to blow a gaping hole in the deficit, roughly twice the size of the 2009 stimulus package that 38 then-Senate Republicans opposed, despite earlier pledges to offset its cost. The House version prescribed a deficit-neutral approach, but House Republicans now are likely to accept the Senate plan in the interest of accelerating work on a tax overhaul.

Trump is very pleased we are making our debt even bigger.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg

Republicans only hate debt when the Democrats create it.

as opposed to the massive deficit bill that obummer provided? 20 trillion right? 20 T??????LOL 5k you're a fking riot.

Lower tax rates could easily be paid for by eliminating tax expenditures.

But even pseudocons scream like welfare queens when THEIR government gifts are threatened.

So our politicians do what the people want. They give the people gifts, and massively borrow to pay for those gifts.

"Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

We get the politicians we deserve.
what gifts are those?

The Senate budget also authorizes lawmakers to blow a gaping hole in the deficit, roughly twice the size of the 2009 stimulus package that 38 then-Senate Republicans opposed, despite earlier pledges to offset its cost. The House version prescribed a deficit-neutral approach, but House Republicans now are likely to accept the Senate plan in the interest of accelerating work on a tax overhaul.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg
You could always leave this country and then not worry about the debt, even after Obama doubled what was left him by the previous 43 presidents...
And the GOP doubled what was left to them by the previous 42 when they last had all the power.

And now they are about to double what was left to them by the previous 44.

Of course you don't mention any of that, hack.

They also don't ask that pesky question of

Where is the money gonna come from to pay for trump's crazy ideas?

During the campaign, he told us the answer to that. He said he likes debt and wouldn't hesitate to run up the debt and trash the deficit. At that time, he said he could/would negotiate for a better rate on our debt and, incredibly, the trumpkins believed that. How could he know so little about debt?

During the first debate, he said wages are way too high in the US. He also said taxes on the wealthy should be slashed.

And oh my fucking god, he actually said that the stock market really lowers debt. The market started this rally in '09. Obama cut the deficit by 2/3s and caused record setting job creation.

So, where will the money come from?

But even pseudocons scream like welfare queens when THEIR government gifts are threatened.

So our politicians do what the people want. They give the people gifts, and massively borrow to pay for those gifts.

DAMN that Government, how DARE them let anyone keep more of their own money. Dumbasses.

Unfortunately we're going in deep, and it wouldn't have mattered who the POUS was. That's what happens when revenue barely covers interest on debt.

All the disasters don't help. Neither does run-away immigration, a welfare state and govt. bureaucracy heavy on BS regulations. But let's pretend there aren't reasons for our debt, just cuz.

What did Hillary mean when she said "THE RICH" have to pay their "FAIR SHARE"?

is that reflected in Trump's tax plan?

Who are "THE RICH", and what is their "FAIR SHARE"?

trump_tweet_budget.jpg
Don't we have to see the tax "bill" before we know how bad the deficits are? I'm not optimistic though. And I'm all for tax simplification if it's all revenue neutral, but I don't thing the case can be made for a Keynesian stimulus ... which appears to be what the gop is aiming for. Crazy as it seems.

trump_tweet_budget.jpg
Don't we have to see the tax "bill" before we know how bad the deficits are? I'm not optimistic though. And I'm all for tax simplification if it's all revenue neutral, but I don't thing the case can be made for a Keynesian stimulus ... which appears to be what the gop is aiming for. Crazy as it seems.
no that was the tactic of obummer. the shovel ready program and money for clunkers.

what gifts are those?
Tax expenditures. It's right there in the first sentence of my post.

DAMN that Government, how DARE them let anyone keep more of their own money. Dumbasses.
Oh, look. Here's one of the screaming welfare queens now! Right on cue.

What a stupid concept that tax cuts have to be "paid for"
Of course they have to be paid for. They should be paid for by eliminating the tax expenditures which have caused tax rates to be so high in the first place.

Idiot.

You dumb shits think your deductions, exemptions, and credits mean "I get to keep more of my money!"

But what they really mean is, "We need to raise tax rates on EVERYONE so I can pay less than the suckers whose money I am taking."

They are theft. Wealth redistribution. Government gifts which are paid for by every taxpayer.

Is there no end to the GOP hypocrisy. The debt is SUCH an issue, when obama was in office . Now , they don't give a flying F about it.

Neither did O. Remember when he said our debt was a national security issue and then proceeded to spend more than all previous 43 combined.

There is plenty bad on both sides. We need to stop being political and demand a balanced budget. Only bitching about the other party goes nowhere.

Trump just gave his seal of approval on a $1.5 trillion deficit.

No amount of Obama smoke is going to hide that fact, retards. Nice try.

"It's Okay When Trump Does It!"™

trump_tweet_budget.jpg
You could always leave this country and then not worry about the debt, even after Obama doubled what was left him by the previous 43 presidents...

You know what, after what Bush left him its no wonder. Those tax cuts are for the elites and I think you just pretend you are one of them.
Yep I pretend that I own a crap load of Home Depot stock. I pretend that I own a crap load of Ford stock. Yep I love to pretend....Bwaaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhaaaa. Keep being a victim of that liberalism, you deserve it..

Probably on food stamps.
Then you should thank me for being able to help support your welfare queen habit...I know I am not nor ever have been on government assistance, but since you have declared that you are on food stamps, you should show a little love to the white guy they take money from so you can eat, you fucking ingrate.

Yep whatever you say.

What a stupid concept that tax cuts have to be "paid for"
Of course they have to be paid for. They should be paid for by eliminating the tax expenditures which have caused tax rates to be so high in the first place.

Idiot.

You dumb shits think your deductions, exemptions, and credits mean "I get to keep more of my money!"

But what they really mean is, "We need to raise tax rates on EVERYONE so I can pay less than the suckers whose money I am taking."

They are theft. Wealth redistribution. Government gifts which are paid for by every taxpayer.

You keep thinking that the US government IS the economy. It's Progressive Bizzaroland thinking. Tax cuts stimulate the US economy, they do not deprive he government of revenue

What ever happened to that Balanced Budget Amendment Republicans pushed for eight years?

Forum List

Back