Senate Republicans Block Benefits to Homeless Women Veterans

Suck it up?
News for you. The VA has already got a very good mental health program.
https://iris.custhelp.com/app/answe...2LzEvdGltZS8xMzEwMTczNDgyL3NpZC9vZnliR3Z5aw==

New for YOU.

After spending years seeing people's bodies blown apart, some maybe even close friends of yours, a "mental health program " is certainly no guarantee of mental health.

No it isn't. The person needs to want to help their own self before getting mental help.
I f they keep the poor poor me mentality no one can help them.

We're not just talking about some 30 something person who's just "sad about stuff". We're talking about people who've seen shit most of us have only seen recreated artificially in movies.

It's not hard to imagine how badly that can fuck a person's mind up. I'm not trying to make excuses for not seeking help, I'm just trying to put it into perspective. Imagine how hard it must be to come back here after all that and try to get normal again.

Your reading comprehension is offtrack today.

ok, can you explain what you said then please?

I said what I said. nothing more nothing less.
I will not open up what I said to worded tricks.

Ahh but the trick is to decry reality as a political trick.
Lose not sight of who the tricksters are my friends.

I am not trying to play word "tricks", I am asking you to simply explain what you meant by that comment? :eusa_eh:

Welcome to the freak show. Get used to it, you will see a dozen "republicans want to kill or starve or deprive" (pick a victim) every month until the election in 2012. It's an old cheap hate-filled political trick courtesy of the ignorant left.

You mean they don't?

Then why do they want to cut:

Medicare
Education
school lunches
Social Security
building infrastructure
funding for the Special Olympics
Planned Parenthood
Food stamps

I wonder if you libs would approve of cutting welfare and unemployment to fund these homeless vets?

Shouldn't we take care of our vets first and foremost?
Typical CON$ervative pitting one needy group against another.

Why not have those who benefit most, from Americans risking their LIVES to protect the wealthy's right to private ownership, contribute a little extra?

Oh that's Right, The wealthy risking money to "create jobs" overseas is a greater risk and sacrifice than an American risking their lives to defend this great country. :cuckoo:

You are inferring that "the rich" don't contribute more than everyone else. The further up the income bracket you go, the higher the taxes are. Unless you can prove otherwise, you are full of shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5B-2LoC4s]‪Warren Buffett's Tax Rate is Lower than His Secretary's‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Apology accepted.

Payroll plus income tax 17%.

Newsflash: Senate Republicans Block Benefits to Homeless Women Veterans : Ms Magazine Blog

Senate conservatives blocked the Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans with Children Act on Tuesday, following an objection from Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK, left), who spoke out in opposition to the bill. The $3.4 billion bill, introduced by Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), would have provided special benefits to homeless women veterans (as well as to homeless male veterans with dependent children). The defeat comes at a time when homelessness among women veterans has dramatically increased. According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, the number of homeless women veterans has nearly doubled over the past ten years. The trend is even more apparent among homeless veterans under 45; one in ten is a woman. What’s more, the increase in the number of homeless women veterans has coincided with a drop in homelessness among their male counterparts, according to Peter Dougherty, director of homeless veterans programs at the Department of Veterans Affairs.

YouTube - ‪Republican Senators Blocks Homeless Veterans Bill‬‏

The bill increases spending in an already existing program. Sorry but where is this money going to come from? Oh thats right, borrow it. Borrow more to spend more.

And not many people end up homeless unless they are drug addicts or have some other serious problem. I'd like to know why there are supposedly so many homeless vets.

Did you ever consider what years of war does to a person's mind?

I'm all about taking personal responsibility, but I've never been in a war zone so I can't condescend to tell someone who has that they should suck it up and just get back to regular civilian life like all the rest of us.

Thank you, Paulie. Anyone who has not been in war has no moral legitimacy to discuss "responsibility" in this situation. These veterans fought for you folks, but some of you apparently won't fight for them when they need it.

Shame on every last one of you ungrateful freaks who won't take care of our veterans.

Trajan, you are the dribble on America's pant leg. If you don't support veterans, then you are morally worthless.

I wonder if you libs would approve of cutting welfare and unemployment to fund these homeless vets?

Shouldn't we take care of our vets first and foremost?

Why not have those who benefit most, from Americans risking their LIVES to protect the wealthy's right to private ownership, contribute a little extra?

Oh that's Right, The wealthy risking money to "create jobs" overseas is a greater risk and sacrifice than an American risking their lives to defend this great country. :cuckoo:

You are inferring that "the rich" don't contribute more than everyone else. The further up the income bracket you go, the higher the taxes are. Unless you can prove otherwise, you are full of shit.
Well, there you go again. First you changed "block" to "cut" and now you are changing "risk" to "taxes." CON$ habitually say that the rich deserve tax cuts because they "risk" money creating jobs overseas. Well, our brave vets risked their lives protecting the rich's right to private ownership, which is a far greater risk than mere money, so I'm saying that if risking money entitles the rich to a financial break, risking your life entitles our brave vets to an even greater financial break.
Get It?

Suck it up?
News for you. The VA has already got a very good mental health program.
https://iris.custhelp.com/app/answe...2LzEvdGltZS8xMzEwMTczNDgyL3NpZC9vZnliR3Z5aw==

New for YOU.

After spending years seeing people's bodies blown apart, some maybe even close friends of yours, a "mental health program " is certainly no guarantee of mental health.

No it isn't. The person needs to want to help their own self before getting mental help.

You have not a clue of the truama many of those vets keep reliving.

The old republican pull yourself up by your bootstraps talk huh?

As I said before it is now Obama's wars so the right is no longer obligated to support the vets.

Last edited:
Proof? Your point is hot air without it.

??

Maybe you should read the links provided in the OP. The vote was against a bill to increase spending for this particular program. There was never a vote to cut funding.

Carry on, dipshit.
Read the title :asshole:
It says the GOP BLOCK benefits to homeless vets, it doesn't say "cut."

It's not blocking benefits if they didn't vote to cut or end the program. :eusa_shhh:

It would be far more accurate to say they blocked an increase in spending.

Not that you'd want to be accurate.

Well, there you go again. First you changed "block" to "cut" and now you are changing "risk" to "taxes." CON$ habitually say that the rich deserve tax cuts because they "risk" money creating jobs overseas. Well, our brave vets risked their lives protecting the rich's right to private ownership, which is a far greater risk than mere money, so I'm saying that if risking money entitles the rich to a financial break, risking your life entitles our brave vets to an even greater financial break.
Get It?

There you go twisting my words again. I never changed "risk" to "taxes". I never referred to the word "risk", as you did with your little hypothetical debate you had with yourself.

You said "Why not have those who benefit most" "contribute a little extra?" That is what I was responding to.

Last edited:
New for YOU.

As I said before it is now Obama's wars so the right is no longer obligated to support the vets.

Your pathetic attempt to use lies about the right supporting truth is contemptible. Are you so partisan that you lie to make your 'point' or are you genuinely just some half assed moron?

The bill increases spending in an already existing program. Sorry but where is this money going to come from? Oh thats right, borrow it. Borrow more to spend more.

And not many people end up homeless unless they are drug addicts or have some other serious problem. I'd like to know why there are supposedly so many homeless vets.

Did you ever consider what years of war does to a person's mind?

I'm all about taking personal responsibility, but I've never been in a war zone so I can't condescend to tell someone who has that they should suck it up and just get back to regular civilian life like all the rest of us.

Thank you, Paulie. Anyone who has not been in war has no moral legitimacy to discuss "responsibility" in this situation. These veterans fought for you folks, but some of you apparently won't fight for them when they need it.

Shame on every last one of you ungrateful freaks who won't take care of our veterans.

So if Republicans propose a bill to spend $10 Trillion dollars on Veterans tomorrow, you'd want to vote for it?

If not, then you're an "ungrateful freak who won't take care of our veterans".

See how easy this is? :lol:

Newsflash: Senate Republicans Block Benefits to Homeless Women Veterans : Ms Magazine Blog

Senate conservatives blocked the Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans with Children Act on Tuesday, following an objection from Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK, left), who spoke out in opposition to the bill. The $3.4 billion bill, introduced by Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), would have provided special benefits to homeless women veterans (as well as to homeless male veterans with dependent children). The defeat comes at a time when homelessness among women veterans has dramatically increased. According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, the number of homeless women veterans has nearly doubled over the past ten years. The trend is even more apparent among homeless veterans under 45; one in ten is a woman. What’s more, the increase in the number of homeless women veterans has coincided with a drop in homelessness among their male counterparts, according to Peter Dougherty, director of homeless veterans programs at the Department of Veterans Affairs.

snipped ....

What exactly are you 'cynical' about, you morally bankrupt sick freak? You're no more a 'cynic' than I am a left wing whackjob. You're a fucking mindless partisan hack.... and a sick freak who uses children for political point scoring.
Another Right-Wing :asshole: who hates our brave military!

Sick freak who lies for point scoring. The 'hater' here is you.... you have no respect for anyone, certainly not the military.

Credibility - put it on your shopping list. You're out.

Last edited:

Your pathetic attempt to use lies about the right supporting truth is contemptible. Are you so partisan that you lie to make your 'point' or are you genuinely just some half assed moron?

Cite one instance of the right supporting truth.....STFU.

Cite one instance of the right supporting truth.....STFU.

Oh, grow a brain, oldshit. You need to add 'credibility' to your shopping list - you just spent your last shred.

I despise the use of our veterans for political point scoring.... and that is what USC does. He's a hack, and so are you.

[/URL]
I notice no mention of the grounds for opposition. Could it be that there are already well funded programs in place to do exactly this?
Yes, this is the meme for 2012: Heartless Republicans want to cut funding for______.
The truth is the Democrats hate poor amd disadvantaged people more than anyone else.

False premise, Hawk, and if that is all you have now, you fail. If you will not take care of those who took care of you, then see how easy it is to show that you are an ungrateful freak? For shame.

Forum List

Back