Senate reaches fiscal cliff deal

Here is the problem. Democrats offered a 9/1 spending cut to raise new rev.
The republicans turned it down. Obama should go 1/1. Also I thought republicans looked at grease and said austerity looks good to me, if that's the case why complain if we went off the cliff and never went back. On another note. About taxes. Obama had said 250k a year or more meant you were rich, republicans then shot out 1 million. Obama came back with 450k, at that point the republicans walked away from the table. It's not Obama who is UN willing to compromise.
Link or it didn't happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzGZj32LYc]All GOP Candidates Would Walk Away From A 10 to 1 Spending Compromise - YouTube[/ame]

Every one of them raised their hands in opposition. The audience cheered. This is the modern day republican party.
That's not a specific plan on paper.

Cuts are impossible while the media and American public allow the Democraps to keep spending like drunken sailors.

The GOP just needs to suck it up and blamed the Democraps.

When the markets still crash tomorrow after the bill passes today.....the GOP need to tell the American public the Demcraps don't want to stop driving the car off the cliff and to vote them out in 2014 or else we're doomed.

All but 5 Senate Republicrats voted for it.

And all but those five should be removed from office.

Yes, because they understand doing NOTHING is the dumbest option for the GOP.

If taxes go up on Joe Schmoe the insurance salesman living paycheck to paycheck because the GOP didn't want to tax "rich" people....then the GOP is fucked forever.

The GOP was set up with this bullshit, either raise taxes on rich people or raise taxes on everyone. It's very STUPID to let the Democraps have real evidence the GOP "protects the rich" by voting down their tax increase so that everyone gets one.

Cuts are impossible while the media and American public allow the Democraps to keep spending like drunken sailors.

When the markets still crash tomorrow after the bill passes today.....the GOP need to tell the American public the Demcraps don't want to stop driving the car off the cliff and to vote them out in 2014 or else we're doomed.

Last edited:
396906_4007926407490_371724126_n.jpg

Happy New Year...another year living in a police state....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzGZj32LYc]All GOP Candidates Would Walk Away From A 10 to 1 Spending Compromise - YouTube[/ame]

Every one of them raised their hands in opposition. The audience cheered. This is the modern day republican party.

That makes their blind opposition even worse. They would flatly reject something that is clearly in their favor before they even hear the specifics.

I knew you'd attempt to move the goal posts though. New year, same partisan hackery from you. :clap2:

Wrong ...the GOPers willing to tax rich people to protect the middle class are the smart ones.

Idiots are the ones that end up shafting everyone with taxes by doing NOTHING....I fear we have enough GOP idiots in the HoR that are willing to sink the ship all the name of not raising taxes on rich people.

If this fails....Obamination, Reid and Pelosi will be on TV all week blaming the GOP and the GOP is fucked in 2014.

And all but those five should be removed from office.

That's correct that was. 10 to 1, there was real talks(I just woke up and am too lazy to look it up and link it) where the ratio was 9 to 1. no because the republicans signed a pledge to America(like they are in high school, lol) to Grover, they turned it down 100 percent, reason given. The 9to1 had new taxes on the. " rich". Also to say just one parity is to blame is just silly, to say one party is full of spending is sill, remember after the stimulus package passed, republican after republican was seen in apress conference holding a huge check so that a park or school or something could be build. S on the surface they said" death to Obama and new taxes and spending" then they gladly accepted "bail out" money for projects for their state or district.

If taxes go up on Joe Schmoe the insurance salesman living paycheck to paycheck because the GOP didn't want to tax "rich" people....then the GOP is fucked forever.

The GOP was set up with this bullshit, either raise taxes on rich people or raise taxes on everyone. It's very STUPID to let the Democraps have real evidence the GOP "protects the rich" by voting down their tax increase so that everyone gets one.

I disagree with you. They need to vote what they believe in and take a stand .. IF NOT, GET OUT OF THE WAY and let REAL conservatives and Libertarians take over. I'm done with the excuses.

All GOP Candidates Would Walk Away From A 10 to 1 Spending Compromise - YouTube

That makes their blind opposition even worse. They would flatly reject something that is clearly in their favor before they even hear the specifics.

I knew you'd attempt to move the goal posts though. New year, same partisan hackery from you. :clap2:
That's not what I asked for, hackasurus rex.

Now, where's the substantive plan offered up by democratics, which offered 9 parts real spending cuts (as opposed to reductions in baseline increases) for one part tax increases?

Bring it.

Now, where's the substantive plan offered up by democratics, which offered 9 parts real spending cuts (as opposed to reductions in baseline increases) for one part tax increases?

Bring it.

Move those goal posts even further!

You're batting .000 for the year so far. Maybe you need to take a nap and start over.

Bring it.

You're batting .000 for the year so far. Maybe you need to take a nap and start over.
The goalpost is a substantive plan on paper, not some hypothetical scenario offered up in a debate....The only person moving that one is you, Gomer.

Some GOPers made deals with Democraps in the past letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire and the Sequestration Cuts kick in.....they fucked the GOP by setting up this situation.

There are now 2 shitburgers to eat.....a small one (this deal) or a bigger one (no deal). You seem to want to eat the big one, I prefer the small one.

The GOP is going to eat a shitburger thanks to the idiots that agreed to my first sentence, but smart GOPers try to fix the situation now rather than let the Democraps force the worst case scenario on the GOP......which is raising taxes on everyone with no cuts, which will happen with no deal.

I disagree with you. They need to vote what they believe in and take a stand .. IF NOT, GET OUT OF THE WAY and let REAL conservatives and Libertarians take over. I'm done with the excuses.

Gotta love how the far lefties cling on to the notion that a reduction of an increase is a cut...

I was going to spend $10 more a week on beer above the $50 I spend now... I will instead spend $9 more a week each year for the next 10 years... I just cut spending by $10 :rolleyes:

I agree that the logic is flawed. But on the taxation side the Senate Bill is supposed to appeal to Tea Party Republicans in the House because it gives them a chance in the New Year to vote to reduce taxes rather than to raise them. :doubt:

Bring it.

Sorry.. there were NEVER 9-1 spending cuts to tax increases... this is yet another myth... lets increase projected spending more, then say we are going to cut part of that proposed that increase.. but still be spending more than we were before.. and call it a cut.. yeah.. that's the ticket :rolleyes:

Obama, Senate Republicans reach agreement on ‘fiscal cliff’ - The Washington Post

So here we are. 'Balanced' approach my ass...

Tax increases have been given to those over 400K/450K and for those under, tax breaks have been adjusted (though it seems the EIC credit has been renewed) and spending cuts? Nowhere to be seen. Sequestration has been put off until march so they can do this whole thing over again as if a few more months is somehow going to change anything considering they have known about this issue for many months already.

It seems that the house is likely to pass the bill as is this afternoon.

Is anyone else felling like this is just going to be another crap shoot?

Craps shoot? No. More like a screwing.

Bring it.

The goalpost is a substantive plan on paper, not some hypothetical scenario offered up in a debate....The only person moving that one is you, Gomer.

Based on the evidence that has been provided thus far, how do you think republicans would have reacted to such a plan? This is your chance to double down on being a hack....

posts_stadiumsteel.jpg

Based on the evidence that has been provided thus far, how do you think republicans would have reacted to such a plan? This is your chance to double down on being a hack....

posts_stadiumsteel.jpg

But there was no such plan

If the hardcore GOPers in the HoR vote this bill down Obamination will be on TV tomorrow morning/mid-day telling the world the GOP made their taxes go UP.

The average American doesn't give a shit whether there are $60B in cuts or $400B in cuts in this deal.....they do understand their taxes went up because the GOP didn't like the deal that was only raising taxes on "rich" people.

The GOP opposes raises taxes on rich people....but common sense should be to protect the middle class from tax increase 100% of the time against the rich.

Take the deal and block future spending later this month when the DEBT LIMIT debate comes up which is controlled by the HoR.

Obama, Senate Republicans reach agreement on ‘fiscal cliff’ - The Washington Post

So here we are. 'Balanced' approach my ass...

Tax increases have been given to those over 400K/450K and for those under, tax breaks have been adjusted (though it seems the EIC credit has been renewed) and spending cuts? Nowhere to be seen. Sequestration has been put off until march so they can do this whole thing over again as if a few more months is somehow going to change anything considering they have known about this issue for many months already.

It seems that the house is likely to pass the bill as is this afternoon.

Is anyone else felling like this is just going to be another crap shoot?

Pretty much what I have seen this morning is this deal comes out to one dollar in spending cuts to 41 dollars in tax hikes so no deficit reduction no entitlement reform no real spending cuts just tax and spend as far as I can tell. As I posted last night this deal is all on Obama if it works out for the country good for him if it does not well he got pretty much everything he wanted so he owns it you can't blame the Republicans now.

Forum List

Back