Senate reaches fiscal cliff deal

How is it some of you right wingers say.......blame Obama. How many republicans have voted to anything Obama has tried to pass. Remember they track congressional voting.

Shut up already with the PARTISAN crap.. so sick of it.. THEY ALL STINK, GET IT?? Every last one of them!

You are correct. And the LAST thing we need is for them to 'work together.' They can take enough of our money working against one another. I can't imagine what they could do if they all got together.

The goalpost is a substantive plan on paper, not some hypothetical scenario offered up in a debate....The only person moving that one is you, Gomer.

Link or it didn't happen.

Based on the evidence that has been provided thus far, how do you think republicans would have reacted to such a plan? This is your chance to double down on being a hack....

posts_stadiumsteel.jpg

But there was no such plan

Let's say there was. You think republicans would support it? I have proof that they wouldn't.

Based on the evidence that has been provided thus far, how do you think republicans would have reacted to such a plan? This is your chance to double down on being a hack....

posts_stadiumsteel.jpg

But there was no such plan

Let's say there was. You think republicans would support it? I have proof that they wouldn't.

Hard to say.. I figure a larger number would.. if it were not all just defense cuts and it really addressed the spending problem we have... but still call for other conservative solutions to taxation.. including starting to fix the problem we have with 45+% not paying federal income taxes

You have no such proof, because NO SUCH PLAN WAS EVER PUT FORTH... the bullshit of the Dem talking point was exposed...

The liberals here that believe their Govt leaders are going to make cuts....they are fucking idiots.

Democraps are doing this on purpose, the GOP can only put their foot out the door to slow down this car headed towards the cliff.

Here's hoping the house shoots it down and insists on major INSTANT cuts.

The problem is the GOP in the House can't afford to frag it. They're already suffering political wounds from this mess, and the longer it goes on, the deeper the wounds will get.

Here's hoping the house shoots it down and insists on major INSTANT cuts.

Totally agree. This "honor among thieves" bullshit between senators is bullshit. I want to see $3 in cuts for every $1 in tax increases, up front, not TBD.

All Congress needs to do is vote it down, and then add spending cuts. I also like the "one cent solution" and Simpson-Bowles". Not generally a big fan of Senator Lindsay graham, but he is talking tough. Now we need Boehner to drop the hammer of reality in a timely manner.

Here is the problem. Democrats offered a 9/1 spending cut to raise new rev. The republicans turned it down. Obama should go 1/1. Also I thought republicans looked at grease and said austerity looks good to me, if that's the case why complain if we went off the cliff and never went back. On another note. About taxes. Obama had said 250k a year or more meant you were rich, republicans then shot out 1 million. Obama came back with 450k, at that point the republicans walked away from the table. It's not Obama who is UN willing to compromise.

Bull.

Obama did not compromise at all with this package. Sure, he didn't get 250 like he wanted BUT he also did not have to cut jack shit from the bloated budget. Entitlements are completely untouched. He gets tax raises on the rich. He gets tax raises on everyone else as well. He gets tax credits like EIC extended and more year long unemployment extensions. All we have is tax increases and spending increases. The republicans wanted tax reform that they are not getting and spending cuts which are also not happening. On top of this, Obama is demanding MORE tax increases when the republicans reengage on spending cuts later. He is claiming that we need to use a 'balanced' approach while he demands that we essentially only use revenue increases.

Forum List

Back