Senate panel backs gay marriage ban

cslaughlin13 said:
Avatar and others, where is this gay agenda? where is it posted? I truly have not seen such a thing, if you could direct me to it, that would be great.

While reading this, keep in mind that Pat Robertson does not speak for all Christians. The NAACP does not speak for all Blacks. The NOW does not speak for all women. Likewise, any “gay organization” doesn’t speak for all gays.

People have agendas. Theists have agenda. Atheists have agendas. Conservatives have agenda. Liberals have agendas. Some people write to congressmen, file lawsuits, organize, hold marches, write books, post messages, vote, etc. They try, in different ways, to get laws passed, or removed, in order to create a society more to their liking.

For example, some people want there to be teacher-led Christian prayer in public school. Some people would settle for there being just a few minutes of “quiet time”. Some people want any and all references to any God removed from the public. Some people would settle for merely the removal of statues of the “10 Commandments”.

Likewise, some people want young children to be taught that homosexuality is an alternative lifestyle. Yet, some people merely want there to be laws to recognize gay unions as “civil unions” – entitling gays to have the same type of access to the same legal benefits that married couples have. Some people want those who commit sodomy to be put in jail for a long time. Other people would allow homosexual activity as long as no gay affection is displayed in any way in public.

That is basically all that any agenda amounts to – people, on their own or with the help of organizations, trying to get laws changed.

By the way, some people think that agendas are to change society’s views on things. Even if this were the case, I don’t think that any organization can accomplish that to any great extent. Segregation is illegal but, after all of these years, some people still think that Blacks and Whites should remain apart. No matter what is legal or illegal, there will always be those who have differing attitudes and views on things, people and behavior.

Forum List

Back