Eagles Draft Pick, Jeremy Bloom, Visits White House...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
He gave Laura a McNabb jersey.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16655175&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18170&rfi=6

Bloom gives McNabb jersey to First Lady
Bob Grotz, Of the Times Staff
05/18/2006

An autographed Donovan McNabb jersey still can still open eyes, Eagles rookie Jeremy Bloom found out Wednesday during a visit to the White House with U.S. Olympians and Paralympians from the Turin Games. Bloom promised President George W. Bush at a Republican fund-raiser in April an autographed shirt from the team that selected him. The Eagles grabbed Bloom, who finished sixth in the moguls at the Olympics, in the fifth round.

"We were talking about what team I might get drafted to and stuff like that," Bloom said in a statement. "He was pretty thrilled with the McNabb jersey."

Bloom was among almost 200 skiers who got the grand tour of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue before gathering on the sunny South Lawn for the traditional presidential praise.

The visit meant a little more to Bloom, who, like former Eagles tight end Chad Lewis, got a chance to talk up close and personal with Bush.

"All politics aside, the guy is hysterical," Bloom said. "He’s got an incredible personality. He’s a jokester, he loves athletics, he loves football, and he loves baseball. He’s very knowledgeable about sports and he’s a very down-to-earth guy. He likes to act like a normal guy in front of us."

Bush signed autographs for the skier ranging from a bobblehead doll, posters and jackets and posed for photos.

Instead of interrupting the President, Bloom offered the McNabb jersey to First Lady Laura Bush. It’s a visit Bloom never will forget.

"The White House has a ton of history in it," Bloom said. "When you walk around the building and you go inside you see the paintings of all the former presidents, historical photographs all throughout the lower level rooms. Each room has its own theme in history and in colors. There is a lot of history there. It was an incredible thrill and honor for me."

Pretty cool. I dont keep up on the Eagles as much as i should being a philly boy. Maybe Ill ask Andy how things are going the next time I see him.

Forum List

Back