Senate Democrats plan to hold the floor to protest inaction on gun legislation

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I had to look up the definition of this one. Apparently, they're going to throw a temper tantrum and cause a disruption. Might be fun to watch on CSPAN

ˌhold the ˈfloor
speak at a public meeting, etc. for a long time, often stopping others from speaking:

hold the floor

"Senate Democrats are planning to hold the floor on Tuesday evening for an hours-long talk-a-thon on the issue of gun violence.

The floor marathon comes as the White House is struggling to find a place to land in the weeks-long debate over potential gun-law reforms.

“Many of my colleagues have seen their communities torn apart by gun violence; some by horrific mass shootings, others by a relentless, daily stream. Many of them have worked for years to bring commonsense gun safety measures before the Senate,” Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday, in announcing the plan from the Senate floor..."

Senate Democrats to hold the floor to protest inaction on gun violence

The democrats won't put gang members on red flag lists and confiscate their guns. WTF?
Aren't they serious about reducing gun violence?
All they want is to collect rural law-abiding guns?
Gun control is dead without gang members on red flag lists.

So in other words nothing will get done?
Pretty much sounds like a normal day.

I had to look up the definition of this one. Apparently, they're going to throw a temper tantrum and cause a disruption. Might be fun to watch on CSPAN

ˌhold the ˈfloor
speak at a public meeting, etc. for a long time, often stopping others from speaking:

hold the floor

"Senate Democrats are planning to hold the floor on Tuesday evening for an hours-long talk-a-thon on the issue of gun violence.

The floor marathon comes as the White House is struggling to find a place to land in the weeks-long debate over potential gun-law reforms.

“Many of my colleagues have seen their communities torn apart by gun violence; some by horrific mass shootings, others by a relentless, daily stream. Many of them have worked for years to bring commonsense gun safety measures before the Senate,” Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday, in announcing the plan from the Senate floor..."

I don't know how that all works, but I think Republicans should just walk out until they're done. Let them hold the floor until November for all I care.

So in other words nothing will get done?
Pretty much sounds like a normal day.

The only thing the Democrats have done since taking leadership is trying to get rid of Trump, and now Kavanaugh.....again.

If it's one thing you learn living up north, it's that snowflakes are only fun to watch when they're melting.

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

I don't know how that all works, but I think Republicans should just walk out until they're done. Let them hold the floor until November for all I care.

Is there any way Mitch can lock the senate doors from the outside?

Cool. The cleaning lady will have an excuse not to vacuum up their crumbs.

Call the Doctor! Call the Nurse! Call the lady with the alligator purse!

All this sitting on the hands for weeks business is gonna result in some serious vascular circulation issues. :rolleyes:

Call the Doctor! Call the Nurse! Call the lady with the alligator purse!

All this sitting on the hands for weeks business is gonna result in some serious vascular circulation issues. :rolleyes:

If those Senate Democrats would simply tell their voting base to stop committing all those gun crimes, they wouldn't need to be putting on their little Kabuki theater.

Another staged Democrat "mass shooting" event in 5....4....3.....2....1.....
(They have to keep em coming until next November) so expect at least 5 or 6 more, orchestrated by the wicked left to keep the heat on.
It's all they have. A few hundred lives (adult / children, it's all good) means nothing to them if they can disarm America as a result.

I had to look up the definition of this one. hold the ˈfloor: speak at a public meeting, etc. for a long time, often stopping others from speaking:
'Preventing others from exercising their Constitutional Right of Free Speech, controlling Congress but not doing anything ... Out of 'protest'...

You just described what the Democrats have pretty much done since they took the House in 2018...and for the last 3 years since Hillary lost to Trump.

:p

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

I'm not sure, but I think there's an electronic way to totally block computer information transfer from entering or leaving a building. :muahaha:

The democrats won't put gang members on red flag lists and confiscate their guns. WTF?
Aren't they serious about reducing gun violence?
All they want is to collect rural law-abiding guns?
Gun control is dead without gang members on red flag lists.
Why do you think they don’t want gang members on red flag lists?

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

I'm not sure, but I think there's an electronic way to totally block computer information transfer from entering or leaving a building. :muahaha:

Where are all those "Russian hackers" when you need them?

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

Where are all those "Russian hackers" when you need them?
They just dashed back to Russia for a few days to acquire and bring back some decent vodka. I heard it through the vape vine.

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

Turn out the lights and go to a shooting range.

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

Just a political stunt.

And the fact that the Democrats want to disarm Law Abiders on the Red Flag list, but have no intention of putting known Gang Bangers on the list shows they ain't serious.

The largest number of victims of homicide in America are young Black Males- who are usually killed by other young black males.

Honkies aren't going into the ghetto wearing MAGA hats and roughing up known homos.

Forum List

Back