Senate Democrats plan to hold the floor to protest inaction on gun legislation

I had to look up the definition of this one. Apparently, they're going to throw a temper tantrum and cause a disruption. Might be fun to watch on CSPAN

ˌhold the ˈfloor
speak at a public meeting, etc. for a long time, often stopping others from speaking:

hold the floor

"Senate Democrats are planning to hold the floor on Tuesday evening for an hours-long talk-a-thon on the issue of gun violence.

The floor marathon comes as the White House is struggling to find a place to land in the weeks-long debate over potential gun-law reforms.

“Many of my colleagues have seen their communities torn apart by gun violence; some by horrific mass shootings, others by a relentless, daily stream. Many of them have worked for years to bring commonsense gun safety measures before the Senate,” Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday, in announcing the plan from the Senate floor..."

Senate Democrats to hold the floor to protest inaction on gun violence

See, someone should prank them. Send over some exlax/weed brownies. Or put some meth in their water.

I had to look up the definition of this one. Apparently, they're going to throw a temper tantrum and cause a disruption. Might be fun to watch on CSPAN

ˌhold the ˈfloor
speak at a public meeting, etc. for a long time, often stopping others from speaking:

hold the floor

"Senate Democrats are planning to hold the floor on Tuesday evening for an hours-long talk-a-thon on the issue of gun violence.

The floor marathon comes as the White House is struggling to find a place to land in the weeks-long debate over potential gun-law reforms.

“Many of my colleagues have seen their communities torn apart by gun violence; some by horrific mass shootings, others by a relentless, daily stream. Many of them have worked for years to bring commonsense gun safety measures before the Senate,” Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday, in announcing the plan from the Senate floor..."

I don't know how that all works, but I think Republicans should just walk out until they're done. Let them hold the floor until November for all I care.

True, all the Democrats are doing is holding senseless investigations. Who would notice?

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

I hope they at least vacuum and wash it while wasting time.

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

I don't know how that all works, but I think Republicans should just walk out until they're done. Let them hold the floor until November for all I care.

Can't Mitch just turn off the power to the chamber?

Greg

The democrats won't put gang members on red flag lists and confiscate their guns. WTF?
Aren't they serious about reducing gun violence?
All they want is to collect rural law-abiding guns?
Gun control is dead without gang members on red flag lists.
Why do you think they don’t want gang members on red flag lists?
Ray from Cleveland has a theory that the democrats want the populace to be dependent on them, so they want the crime rates up for more government to protect them, except that the police and the DAs won't. Look at CA and the urban plantations that Soros is building by funding liberal DAs now. Cities are lawless crime zones. Maybe the gangs are democrat donors?

It’s a political stunt. Congress continues to justify their low approval ratings...

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

are they sure it wasn't HOLD THE DOOR????

The democrats won't put gang members on red flag lists and confiscate their guns. WTF?
don't really care why. they seem to change what they want to simply counter what others do. not like they really have goals for growth or anything.

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

Just a political stunt.

And the fact that the Democrats want to disarm Law Abiders on the Red Flag list, but have no intention of putting known Gang Bangers on the list shows they ain't serious.

The largest number of victims of homicide in America are young Black Males- who are usually killed by other young black males.

Honkies aren't going into the ghetto wearing MAGA hats and roughing up known homos.

You'll never convince them of that. From what I read on here posted by the libs, white MAGA-hat wearing conservatives are Nazis marching around with Tiki torches while wearing Klan robes.

They just know if they pass a law, those gangbangers will hand in their guns all on their own. Like any good democrat would.
images (3).jpeg

ˌhold the ˈfloor

hold the floor

Yup. Walk out and leave them with the floor. I'm sure they could get a lot done in conference rooms in the rest of the building.

Let the Dems have the damned floor all to themselves. Like the Reps need it??? What a bunch of morons.

Ray from Cleveland has a theory that the democrats want the populace to be dependent on them, so they want the crime rates up for more government to protect them, except that the police and the DAs won't. Look at CA and the urban plantations that Soros is building by funding liberal DAs now. Cities are lawless crime zones. Maybe the gangs are democrat donors?
Do you ever read back the things that you write and just laugh at yourself? Haha.

I meant to ask which dems don’t want gangs on red flag lists? A quote, link, plan saying so should do. I haven't heard of this position yet. Care to leave crazyville for a minute and try to back up your claim?

don't really care why. they seem to change what they want to simply counter what others do. not like they really have goals for growth or anything.
What exactly are they saying that is trying to block gangs from red flag lists. I haven’t heard this plan yet

What exactly are they saying that is trying to block gangs from red flag lists. I haven’t heard this plan yet
Me either. I thought you were referring to something

The long term plan is for the Dems to disarm law abiding Americans, then use gangs to squash public protest and political resistance just like is done NOW in Venezuela.

They just know if they pass a law, those gangbangers will hand in their guns all on their own. Like any good democrat would.
View attachment 279806
Sounds like you’re missing the point all together. If you think gun control advocates assume gang bangers will turn in their guns then you are a world away from understanding their position. Try listening more and talking less

View attachment 279806
Sounds like you’re missing the point all together. If you think gun control advocates assume gang bangers will turn in their guns then you are a world away from understanding their position. Try listening more and talking less
then why do they keep saying they want them out of the hands of the criminals if "gang bangers" are not the intended "criminal"?

Me either. I thought you were referring to something
It’s one of those claims that is obviously spun up hyperbole. I’m just asking the guy making the claim to back it up. I’m not expecting a real answer. Im sure he will just further define himself as a partisan hack

The long term plan is for the Dems to disarm law abiding Americans, then use gangs to squash public protest and political resistance just like is done NOW in Venezuela.
Wow, great theory! So now the government leaders are making secret plans with gang leaders to control the people? Amazing! You are a true scholar!

View attachment 279806
then why do they keep saying they want them out of the hands of the criminals if "gang bangers" are not the intended "criminal"?
I don’t support confiscation but my understanding of their position is they see over the top dangerous weapons made for war being used in these mass shootings and they want to take them out of circulation. The criminal element is a separate problem that needs to be dealt with by law enforcement.

Forum List

Back