Senate Democrats plan to hold the floor to protest inaction on gun legislation

The democrats won't put gang members on red flag lists and confiscate their guns. WTF?
Aren't they serious about reducing gun violence?
All they want is to collect rural law-abiding guns?
Gun control is dead without gang members on red flag lists.
Why do you think they don’t want gang members on red flag lists?
Ray from Cleveland has a theory that the democrats want the populace to be dependent on them, so they want the crime rates up for more government to protect them, except that the police and the DAs won't. Look at CA and the urban plantations that Soros is building by funding liberal DAs now. Cities are lawless crime zones. Maybe the gangs are democrat donors?

The long term plan is for the Dems to disarm law abiding Americans, then use gangs to squash public protest and political resistance just like is done NOW in Venezuela.
Wow, great theory! So now the government leaders are making secret plans with gang leaders to control the people? Amazing! You are a true scholar!

The Dems are not currently leading the Gov't. But look out long term if and when they do.

Your reading comprehension btw, is piss poor.

The democrats won't put gang members on red flag lists and confiscate their guns. WTF?
They just know if they pass a law, those gangbangers will hand in their guns all on their own. Like any good democrat would.
View attachment 279806
Sounds like you’re missing the point all together. If you think gun control advocates assume gang bangers will turn in their guns then you are a world away from understanding their position. Try listening more and talking less
then why do they keep saying they want them out of the hands of the criminals if "gang bangers" are not the intended "criminal"?
I don’t support confiscation but my understanding of their position is they see over the top dangerous weapons made for war being used in these mass shootings and they want to take them out of circulation. The criminal element is a separate problem that needs to be dealt with by law enforcement.
name a modern military out there using the AR15.

then name what makes the AR15 different than say a semi-automatic browning longtrac.

They just know if they pass a law, those gangbangers will hand in their guns all on their own. Like any good democrat would.
View attachment 279806
Sounds like you’re missing the point all together. If you think gun control advocates assume gang bangers will turn in their guns then you are a world away from understanding their position. Try listening more and talking less
then why do they keep saying they want them out of the hands of the criminals if "gang bangers" are not the intended "criminal"?
I don’t support confiscation but my understanding of their position is they see over the top dangerous weapons made for war being used in these mass shootings and they want to take them out of circulation. The criminal element is a separate problem that needs to be dealt with by law enforcement.

then name what makes the AR15 different than say a semi-automatic browning longtrac.
I just can't deal with the stupidity. If people were willing to overcome their ignorance, that would be one thing, but to be stuck on stupid is completely another matter.
I have come to the conclusion the combinatuon of ignorance and wordsmithing is so very dangerous and cannot be reasoned with. We, as American citizens have the right to defend ourselves in the manner we see fit, and it is slowly being taken away from us. If some from the left have their way, it'll be stripped away all at once.
Instead of dealing with the real issues, mental health and criminality. It's like blaming the victim for the crime being commited against them.

View attachment 279806

I just can't deal with the stupidity. If people were willing to overcome their ignorance, that would be one thing, but to be stuck on stupid is completely another matter.
I have come to the conclusion the combinatuon of ignorance and wordsmithing is so very dangerous and cannot be reasoned with. We, as American citizens have the right to defend ourselves in the manner we see fit, and it is slowly being taken away from us. If some from the left have their way, it'll be stripped away all at once.
Instead of dealing with the real issues, mental health and criminality. It's like blaming the victim for the crime being commited against them.
i just find it funny we keep hearing "from the left" (generically speaking) we cant go by looks and so forth. yet, that is the ONLY thing they can do for the AR. it LOOKS mean.

great but how it is functionally different???

WAH YOU CAN'T OWN NUKES CAN YOU?????

where the holy hell did that shit come from? for slade here, i'll wait for his reply and go from there.

i just find it funny we keep hearing "from the left" (generically speaking) we cant go by looks and so forth. yet, that is the ONLY thing they can do for the AR. it LOOKS mean.

where the holy hell did that shit come from? for slade here, i'll wait for his reply and go from there.
Well, the over the top description is a bit much. Weapon of war? As they say on ESPN...C'mon Man

What exactly are they saying that is trying to block gangs from red flag lists. I haven’t heard this plan yet

Democrats Want Red Flag Laws for Everyone Except Gang Members
Democrats want to pass Red Flag Laws, so long as they do not target gang databases.
by JACK HADFIELD
September 15, 2019
in Gun Rights, The Hill

House Democrats on Wednesday refused to include gang members in a list of who should have their guns removed via red flag laws.

Democrats were advancing a measure in the House Judiciary Committee that would encourage states to pass extreme protection orders, also known as red flag laws, when an amendment was proposed that anyone who was put on a police gang database should automatically be targeted under the orders.

Ray from Cleveland has a theory that the democrats want the populace to be dependent on them, so they want the crime rates up for more government to protect them, except that the police and the DAs won't. Look at CA and the urban plantations that Soros is building by funding liberal DAs now. Cities are lawless crime zones. Maybe the gangs are democrat donors?

The long term plan is for the Dems to disarm law abiding Americans, then use gangs to squash public protest and political resistance just like is done NOW in Venezuela.
Wow, great theory! So now the government leaders are making secret plans with gang leaders to control the people? Amazing! You are a true scholar!

The Dems are not currently leading the Gov't. But look out long term if and when they do.

That diss doesn’t land coming from somebody who thinks the dems and gang leaders are in cahoots for a government overthrow. Check back in once you’ve landed back on earth

View attachment 279806

I just said I don’t support confiscation. I’m explaining the position of those that do, as there are some valid concerned. There are things like high velocity rounds that shred people’s insides. Large capacity mags, and we’ve seen these guns used to shoot dozens of people in a minutes time. It’s not surprising that people are concerned about weapons with that kind of killing capacity.

View attachment 279806

Defending yourself and processing the ability to inflict mass carnage in a matter of seconds are two very different things, wouldn’t you agree?

Well, the over the top description is a bit much. Weapon of war? As they say on ESPN...C'mon Man
That’s the term Beto is using when stating his confiscation case. If that’s the standard he wants to use for confiscation then the convo turns to defining what a weapon of war is. If AR-15s don’t fit the definition of “weapons of war” then they shouldn’t be included in a confiscation plan.

What exactly are they saying that is trying to block gangs from red flag lists. I haven’t heard this plan yet

Democrats want to pass Red Flag Laws, so long as they do not target gang databases.
by JACK HADFIELD
September 15, 2019
in Gun Rights, The Hill

House Democrats on Wednesday refused to include gang members in a list of who should have their guns removed via red flag laws.

Democrats were advancing a measure in the House Judiciary Committee that would encourage states to pass extreme protection orders, also known as red flag laws, when an amendment was proposed that anyone who was put on a police gang database should automatically be targeted under the orders.

Thank you for answering the question and providing a link. Sounds like the tit for tat continues as the dems are using the same argument that the gop used against red flagging people on the No Fly List, saying the list is not accurate and includes many innocent names.

The amendment sounds fair to me and the dem opposition doesn’t make a lot of sense... I’d think they would jump at the opportunity to red flag as many people as possible.

Perhaps they are worried about the appearance of targeting minorities as the majority of people on the gang lists are brown and black people.

by JACK HADFIELD
September 15, 2019
in Gun Rights, The Hill

Thank you for answering the question and providing a link. Sounds like the tit for tat continues as the dems are using the same argument that the gop used against red flagging people on the No Fly List, saying the list is not accurate and includes many innocent names.

The amendment sounds fair to me and the dem opposition doesn’t make a lot of sense... I’d think they would jump at the opportunity to red flag as many people as possible.

Perhaps they are worried about the appearance of targeting minorities as the majority of people on the gang lists are brown and black people.
I've got no problem with Markle who seems an honest poster, but I don't know about that site, and I can't find it on the Hill. But I'm not sure why you'd put someone with just a gang affiliation tag on a restricted list. In places with large latino pops, a lot of people have affiliations even though they've not actively sought to kill people.

The article does reference state sentencing laws that have firearm enhancements. I'm not sure really about the effect in diminishing more gun violence, but who can complain about locking up people who use guns in crimes.

by JACK HADFIELD
September 15, 2019
in Gun Rights, The Hill

The real question is why are they worried about mistaken identity only with gang members and not law abiding American citizens who are not gang members?

They just got finished with 8 years in the white house. They also control the house. You’re crazy and your theory doesn’t make any sense. Gangs aren’t pro government.

View attachment 279806

I just said I don’t support confiscation. I’m explaining the position of those that do, as there are some valid concerned. There are things like high velocity rounds that shred people’s insides. Large capacity mags, and we’ve seen these guns used to shoot dozens of people in a minutes time. It’s not surprising that people are concerned about weapons with that kind of killing capacity.

Outside a revolver, all weapons have that capacity. The problem is most leftists don't know WTF they are talking about when discussing guns. All they do is repeat what the Democrat party or MSM told them.

If they were ever able to accomplish this ban on ARs, and the next mass shooting takes place with a semi-automatic handgun, that's the next thing they will demand be banned.

The last thing this country needs is to pass any law that is proposed by the idiot Democrats. They always get everything wrong no matter what the issue.

Especially one that destroys our Constitutional rights.

by JACK HADFIELD
September 15, 2019
in Gun Rights, The Hill

I've got no problem with Markle who seems an honest poster, but I don't know about that site, and I can't find it on the Hill. But I'm not sure why you'd put someone with just a gang affiliation tag on a restricted list. In places with large latino pops, a lot of people have affiliations even though they've not actively sought to kill people.

The article does reference state sentencing laws that have firearm enhancements. I'm not sure really about the effect in diminishing more gun violence, but who can complain about locking up people who use guns in crimes.
I agree about the article, it was full of opinion. The source it used was a Washington examiner article which is a bit more objective.

Democrats frown on targeting gang databases with 'red flag' laws

The last thing this country needs is to pass any law that is proposed by the idiot Democrats. They always get everything wrong no matter what the issue.

Especially one that destroys our Constitutional rights.

I'll consider additional laws after a few years of Democrats enforcing the ones we have already. Prisons are so full that people illegally in possession of a gun get a month or so of house arrest, and they probably have a few guns in that house as well.

Forum List

Back