Senate 2014: Could It All Come Down to Louisiana? In December? Current Update: Dems 51, GOP 49

There are half a dozen or more states that Senate control can come down to.

The GOP needs six seats to win a majority. They already have Montana, South Dakota, and West Virginia in the bag barring something catastrophic happening. Then they have a more than fair chance at winning North Carolina, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Alaska. I'm willing to bet they win at least three of those. They have also put Colorado and Iowa into play as well and they have an outside shot at Michigan and New Hampshire.

They do have some risks holding Georgia, Kentucky, and Kansas, but at the end of the day I think they'll hold on to them.

If they fail to win at least six seats with all of these options then they are a bunch of fuck tards.

She is not even a resident of her state anymore. I think she gets tossed off the ballot

Maybe .....dont think it will play well with the voters. Just more rules for thee that dont apply to me

North Carolina is leaning democratic again. Perdue went through his post-primary surge and it's back to normal now.

Arkansas and Louisiana are a lot more worrying though.

I see the GOP not having much chance in Michigan, New Hampshire or Alaska.

Iowa and Colorado are practically impossible to predict.

Lol. Mary is toast. She is incumbent and going negative early. She is behind.

People are just now focusing on elections. It's a Labor Day thing. Watch the ads and it will tell you who's ahead and who's behind. Internal polling by Landrieu must show she is way behind. Cassidy not getting too he cited. His polling must show him way out front.

North Carolina is leaning democratic again. Perdue went through his post-primary surge and it's back to normal now.

Arkansas and Louisiana are a lot more worrying though.

I see the GOP not having much chance in Michigan, New Hampshire or Alaska.

Iowa and Colorado are practically impossible to predict.
I agree with everything you say.

Perdue is running in Georgia and leading. Tillis is running in NC and the race is dead even.

oops, yep, got the names mixed up.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - North Carolina Senate - Tillis vs. Hagan

I see it this way...Tillis went through a popularity surge right after his primary (which is normal) and then the polls recently started favoring Hagan again, which was the norm for quite a while.

I still see the race as leaning Dem, but not much. Certainly not as close as Colorado or Iowa.

Last edited:
Perdue is running in Georgia and leading. Tillis is running in NC and the race is dead even.

oops, yep, got the names mixed up.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - North Carolina Senate - Tillis vs. Hagan

I see it this way...Tillis went through a popularity surge right after his primary (which is normal) and then the polls recently started favoring Hagan again, which was the norm for quite a while.

I still see the race as leaning Dem, but not much. Certainly not as close as Colorado or Iowa.

Being up one or two points is a statistical tie. A margin that close doesn't really mean much of anything until a couple of days before the election. If she were up four or five then I would agree with you.

Mary will lose by 10 points minimum.

Hardly. It will be a close race either way. Out of the four red state Dems up for reelection I would give Landrieu the best odds of surviving given she is a three term incumbent.

If Obama keeps chewing on both feet in speeches like implicitly claiming credit for the fracking boom increasing energy supplies as he recently did in a Rhode Island fund raiser the Ds are toast.

Forum List

Back