Reasons to not vote for Trump....as a republican.

The warnings in the column are real....the threat to the future of this country is extreme.....we don't have time to allow the democrats to control the government for another day, let alone 4 more years...especially with Clarence Thomas close to retirement.........

Republicans will lose the House.

With Trump on the ticket weighing everyone down, especially moderates who barely won to eke out a party control flip in 2020, Republicans will almost certainly give the House of Representatives back to Democrats. And when Hakeem Jeffries gets that gavel, we’ll be longing for the good old days of Nancy Pelosi.

Republicans will be on track to lose the Senate.

My esteemed Townhall colleague Kurt Schlichter recently predicted that Republicans, even with Trump at the helm, could gain two seats in what should be the best GOP Senate cycle in decades. That would give them a tenuous 51-49 majority that would delay the worst Democratic legislation for a while. However, when the tide turns back to Democrats in 2026, the nightmare will really begin. And this time, there will be no Joe Manchin to hold them back.
-----------

Democrats may get to pick replacements for Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito, giving the left a 5-4 SCOTUS majority.

Thomas is 75, and Alito is 73. Will both be able to hold on another five and a half years until a Republican has another chance at the presidency? Given that both are males and we don’t tend to live as long, my money is on ‘doubtful.’ At this point, with a 5-4 leftist majority, expect every freedom you hold dear, from guns to speech, to be summarily stripped away. Right now, the courts are the only thing holding the Biden administration back from enacting the worst of what they have in store, and they don’t even have the House. When there’s a Democratic trifecta AND a leftist SCOTUS majority, it’s game over.

I get that the memes and the Trump rallies are fun and the guy is entertaining as hell. I also understand the desire to vote for the guy who gave us 2016’s miracle win. I truly do. Yes, the former president has been his own worst enemy at times, but he also has been the target of an unprecedented level of lawfare from Democrats.

The desire to see him not just vindicated but in a position to wreak sweet, sweet revenge on his - and our - persecutors is palpable. Hell, if I could wave a magic wand and make him president, I certainly would.
But I can’t, and you can’t, and for a variety of solid reasons, Trump can’t win the general election. So, it’s imperative that Republicans nominate someone who can. Our country, and our way of life, depend on it. There is a Door Number Two if we’re wise enough to open it.

A better reason not to vote for Trump...

Donald Trump and his allies are planning a sweeping expansion of presidential power over the machinery of government if voters return him to the White House in 2025, reshaping the structure of the executive branch to concentrate far greater authority directly in his hands.

Their plans to centralize more power in the Oval Office stretch far beyond the former president’s recent remarks that he would order a criminal investigation into his political rival, President Joe Biden, signaling his intent to end the post-Watergate norm of Justice Department independence from White House political control.

I'd say that's an accurate statement. The only reason Biden even won in 2020 was because he was up against Trump.

Which caused some Republicans to enable the Democrats to pull off the unvetted, unverifiable mail in ballot coup.
You got one right, finally, fawny.

Donald Trump and his allies are planning a sweeping expansion of presidential power over the machinery of government if voters return him to the White House in 2025, reshaping the structure of the executive branch to concentrate far greater authority directly in his hands.

Their plans to centralize more power in the Oval Office stretch far beyond the former president’s recent remarks that he would order a criminal investigation into his political rival, President Joe Biden, signaling his intent to end the post-Watergate norm of Justice Department independence from White House political control.

You mistakenly put Trump's name in the place of the democrat party.....and they are currently doing the exact thing...right now, and turning the FBI, CIA, DOJ, and IRS into their parties private STASI........as they also are making preparations to take over the Supreme Court and local elections.....

You mistakenly put Trump's name in the place of the democrat party.....and they are currently doing the exact thing...right now, and turning the FBI, CIA, DOJ, and IRS into their parties private STASI........as they also are making preparations to take over the Supreme Court and local elections.....

Well, I am not going to vote for them either. Both parties want nothing more than to gain more power and more control.

Which caused some Republicans to enable the Democrats to pull off the unvetted, unverifiable mail in ballot coup.
You got one right, finally, fawny.

LOL

You're deranged, con. :cuckoo:

Every state certified their results. Every canvass confirmed their results. Every recount confirmed their results. Every audit showed equipment operated accurately and the count was correct. Every lawsuit on election fraud was lost. Not a single claim of election fraud was ever proven. Virtually every cry of election fraud was debunked.

LOL

Every state certified their results. Every canvass confirmed their results. Every recount confirmed their results. Every audit showed equipment operated accurately and the count was correct. Every lawsuit on election fraud was lost. Not a single claim of election fraud was ever proven. Virtually every cry of election fraud was debunked.

No

No
LOL

:itsok:

Do those names carry enough recognition with the electorate? Ron DeSantis is like a golden boy on the right right now. Everybody knows him, everybody knows what he's done and he's not nearly as disliked as Trump.
I don't believe that's true.

DeSantis gets better press.....but they could tear him a new asshole as soon as Trump is out of the way with no problem.
All they'd have to do is expose the truth about his backers to the public.

You people have shown yourselves to be completely out of touch with this country for the last several years, but by all means, pretend to be the standard bearer as to who can and can't win.

A wet sock can defeat Biden unless it's name is Donald Trump, so, yeah, they can and would.
Trump will beat him too.

we don't have justice independence from the white house now, what a dumbass post

Every state, including the GOP ones, certified the presidential election. Trump lost fairly and squarely.

He will in 2024, too.

Then he will die in prison.
no because all the parties will be playing by the same rules now, red precincts will stop the vote count for no apparent reason like we saw in Detroit, Philly, and Atlanta. The Democrats opened a can of worms with the last shoddy election.

Forum List

Back