Reasons to not vote for Trump....as a republican.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The warnings in the column are real....the threat to the future of this country is extreme.....we don't have time to allow the democrats to control the government for another day, let alone 4 more years...especially with Clarence Thomas close to retirement.........

Republicans will lose the House.

With Trump on the ticket weighing everyone down, especially moderates who barely won to eke out a party control flip in 2020, Republicans will almost certainly give the House of Representatives back to Democrats. And when Hakeem Jeffries gets that gavel, we’ll be longing for the good old days of Nancy Pelosi.

Republicans will be on track to lose the Senate.

My esteemed Townhall colleague Kurt Schlichter recently predicted that Republicans, even with Trump at the helm, could gain two seats in what should be the best GOP Senate cycle in decades. That would give them a tenuous 51-49 majority that would delay the worst Democratic legislation for a while. However, when the tide turns back to Democrats in 2026, the nightmare will really begin. And this time, there will be no Joe Manchin to hold them back.
-----------

Democrats may get to pick replacements for Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito, giving the left a 5-4 SCOTUS majority.

Thomas is 75, and Alito is 73. Will both be able to hold on another five and a half years until a Republican has another chance at the presidency? Given that both are males and we don’t tend to live as long, my money is on ‘doubtful.’ At this point, with a 5-4 leftist majority, expect every freedom you hold dear, from guns to speech, to be summarily stripped away. Right now, the courts are the only thing holding the Biden administration back from enacting the worst of what they have in store, and they don’t even have the House. When there’s a Democratic trifecta AND a leftist SCOTUS majority, it’s game over.

I get that the memes and the Trump rallies are fun and the guy is entertaining as hell. I also understand the desire to vote for the guy who gave us 2016’s miracle win. I truly do. Yes, the former president has been his own worst enemy at times, but he also has been the target of an unprecedented level of lawfare from Democrats.

The desire to see him not just vindicated but in a position to wreak sweet, sweet revenge on his - and our - persecutors is palpable. Hell, if I could wave a magic wand and make him president, I certainly would.
But I can’t, and you can’t, and for a variety of solid reasons, Trump can’t win the general election. So, it’s imperative that Republicans nominate someone who can. Our country, and our way of life, depend on it. There is a Door Number Two if we’re wise enough to open it.

Actually, those are good reasons to vote for Trump.

What do you think will happen if Christie or another establishment Republican gets the nomination? I don't see how that wouldn't be worse. I wouldn't cast for Christie or Liz or JEB! or Mitt in a hundred years.

No more establishment Republicans, they are the ones to blame for enabling Sleepy Joe.

What do you think will happen if Christie or another establishment Republican gets the nomination? I don't see how that wouldn't be worse. I wouldn't cast for Christie or Liz or JEB! or Mitt in a hundred years.

No more establishment Republicans, they are the ones to blame for enabling Sleepy Joe.

Chrisite won't get the nomination....Desantis could....and he has fought actual battles against the left and won all of them. He doesn't have millions of Americans who will just not vote for him no matter how bad the democrats are destroying the country..........

Trump can't win........at best he might pull off a win if everything goes wrong for the democrats and the republicans take their heads out of their asses and do absolutely everything right........there are too many Americans who simply will not vote for Trump and too many Americans who will simply vote against Trump for no reason other than they don't like him personally...

The country can't take another 4 years of the democrats digging into the government, and getting better at using the FBI, CIA, DOJ, IRS against us....

You voted for Mitt Romney 10 years ago.

Chrisite won't get the nomination....Desantis could....and he has fought actual battles against the left and won all of them. He doesn't have millions of Americans who will just not vote for him no matter how bad the democrats are destroying the country..........

Trump can't win........at best he might pull off a win if everything goes wrong for the democrats and the republicans take their heads out of their asses and do absolutely everything right........there are too many Americans who simply will not vote for Trump and too many Americans who will simply vote against Trump for no reason other than they don't like him personally...

The country can't take another 4 years of the democrats digging into the government, and getting better at using the FBI, CIA, DOJ, IRS against us....

200.gif

If Republicans were smart they'd coordinate all their efforts behind DeSantis.

Yes....which is why the democrats are slowly indicting Trump, one indictment at a time......and republicans are falling for it....

Anyone with a decent 401k balance will vote Republican as many are just now returning to the Trump balance when Biden took office. Under Biden, consumer disposable income down, 401ks down, products and services up. Biden has been a trainwreck on the working class.

Trump can’t win the general election. So, it’s imperative that Republicans nominate someone who can. Our country, and our way of life, depend on it. There is a Door Number Two if we’re wise enough to open it.

You're not going to convince Cult 45 of this.

Trump can’t win
He will get out the vote to keep him from winning.

Unless they run REALLY bad candidates again, I can’t see Republicans failing to take the Senate. Watch for Kari Lake in Arizona, she will cost you a sure seat.

Too many MAGA Republicans in the House. Along with Abortion backlash, I expect Dems to take back the House.

Anyone with a decent 401k balance will vote Republican as many are just now returning to the Trump balance when Biden took office. Under Biden, consumer disposable income down, 401ks down, products and services up. Biden has been a trainwreck on the working class.

Let me change your post just a little.....

Under Biden, consumer disposable income down,

Under Biden, consumers are disposable........

You're not going to convince Cult 45 of this.
Republicans will be playing by the democratic playbook from the last election, stopping vote counts, recreating ballots for double voting, enrolling voters from large cemeteries. Democrats opened the door in the last election with unethical sloppiness never seen before in as American Election.

The warnings in the column are real....the threat to the future of this country is extreme.....we don't have time to allow the democrats to control the government for another day, let alone 4 more years...especially with Clarence Thomas close to retirement.........

Republicans will lose the House.

With Trump on the ticket weighing everyone down, especially moderates who barely won to eke out a party control flip in 2020, Republicans will almost certainly give the House of Representatives back to Democrats. And when Hakeem Jeffries gets that gavel, we’ll be longing for the good old days of Nancy Pelosi.

Republicans will be on track to lose the Senate.

My esteemed Townhall colleague Kurt Schlichter recently predicted that Republicans, even with Trump at the helm, could gain two seats in what should be the best GOP Senate cycle in decades. That would give them a tenuous 51-49 majority that would delay the worst Democratic legislation for a while. However, when the tide turns back to Democrats in 2026, the nightmare will really begin. And this time, there will be no Joe Manchin to hold them back.
-----------

Democrats may get to pick replacements for Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito, giving the left a 5-4 SCOTUS majority.

Thomas is 75, and Alito is 73. Will both be able to hold on another five and a half years until a Republican has another chance at the presidency? Given that both are males and we don’t tend to live as long, my money is on ‘doubtful.’ At this point, with a 5-4 leftist majority, expect every freedom you hold dear, from guns to speech, to be summarily stripped away. Right now, the courts are the only thing holding the Biden administration back from enacting the worst of what they have in store, and they don’t even have the House. When there’s a Democratic trifecta AND a leftist SCOTUS majority, it’s game over.

I get that the memes and the Trump rallies are fun and the guy is entertaining as hell. I also understand the desire to vote for the guy who gave us 2016’s miracle win. I truly do. Yes, the former president has been his own worst enemy at times, but he also has been the target of an unprecedented level of lawfare from Democrats.

The desire to see him not just vindicated but in a position to wreak sweet, sweet revenge on his - and our - persecutors is palpable. Hell, if I could wave a magic wand and make him president, I certainly would.
But I can’t, and you can’t, and for a variety of solid reasons, Trump can’t win the general election. So, it’s imperative that Republicans nominate someone who can. Our country, and our way of life, depend on it. There is a Door Number Two if we’re wise enough to open it.

DeSantis/Scott.

Forum List

Back