Selma

I find it suprising that right wingers cant just come out and condemn the things that were going on in those days. Watching the film of that era it looks so ugly. Those people were evil.

Oh they're still around Tom , we've our share of xenophopic extreemists ,and for the most part allow them to parade around lamenting whatever nationality or race they'd like.

That said, juxtaoped to the rest of the world >>>40 million slaves in the world, finds new report - CNN , we've made sisyphean efforts to address it all, along with those iconic sorts who led us to do so.

We really had no choice, as we're a 'melting pot' sort of country and culture , and yes one can say the gub'mit institutionalized it all, but it beats the alternative

~S~

My father was in the 2nd Selma March. It was horrific.

Selma is much better now. But there are still racists around. Both black and white.

My neightbor's father was one of the men that the Sheriff deputized to stop the assholes.

Maybe he busted your father's head.

he is?....

John Lewis is an American Patriot who risked his life to fight for Liberty and Justice
ok.....so show me a poll or something backing up what you said.....the guy is a die hard liberal,so outside of a poll with people like you and dean participating,show me one with regular people participating saying that...
No poll necessary

John Lewis is an American Patriot the equivalent of our founding fathers
He risked his life at lunch counters, Freedom Rides and leading the march at Selma. For that, he was beaten, knocked unconscious and jailed

All in a fight for Liberty and Justice
a congress person gets respected when they have done some congressional things,like pass good bills....now if you would have said he is a respected person for his civil rights work 40 years ago i would not have asked you what i asked......
John Lewis has spent his life fighting for the rights of others, risking all for a cause...

He did it as a Civil Rights icon and as a Congressman

Here Is A List Of John Lewis' Accomplishments Over 50 Years That Lord Cheeto Needs To See

Since then he has been re-elected repeatedly by overwhelming margins, on one occasion running unopposed. Today, he represents Georgia’s Fifth Congressional District, encompassing the entire city of Atlanta and parts of four surrounding counties. Congressman Lewis sits on the House Budget Committee and House Ways and Means Committee, where he serves on the Subcommittee on Health. He serves as Senior Chief Deputy Democratic Whip, is a member of the Democratic Steering Committee, the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional Committee to Support Writers and Journalists. Apart from his service in Congress, he is Co-Chair of the Faith and Politics Institute.

Lewis is a piece of shit with an IQ of about 60. He is an embarrassment to Congress.

ok.....so show me a poll or something backing up what you said.....the guy is a die hard liberal,so outside of a poll with people like you and dean participating,show me one with regular people participating saying that...
No poll necessary

He risked his life at lunch counters, Freedom Rides and leading the march at Selma. For that, he was beaten, knocked unconscious and jailed

a congress person gets respected when they have done some congressional things,like pass good bills....now if you would have said he is a respected person for his civil rights work 40 years ago i would not have asked you what i asked......
John Lewis has spent his life fighting for the rights of others, risking all for a cause...

Here Is A List Of John Lewis' Accomplishments Over 50 Years That Lord Cheeto Needs To See

Since then he has been re-elected repeatedly by overwhelming margins, on one occasion running unopposed. Today, he represents Georgia’s Fifth Congressional District, encompassing the entire city of Atlanta and parts of four surrounding counties. Congressman Lewis sits on the House Budget Committee and House Ways and Means Committee, where he serves on the Subcommittee on Health. He serves as Senior Chief Deputy Democratic Whip, is a member of the Democratic Steering Committee, the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional Committee to Support Writers and Journalists. Apart from his service in Congress, he is Co-Chair of the Faith and Politics Institute.
yea you said that already......what bills has he passed?...

How many bills have been passed by Congress in the last 12 years ?
was i asking about congress or lewis?....the guy has been in congress 30 years,you cant find 1 bill he put out there?...

I think Selma is better

They are a national symbol of the Civil Rights movement and John Lewis, who led the march and got his head smashed in is one of our most respected Congressmen
he is?....

John Lewis is an American Patriot who risked his life to fight for Liberty and Justice

Dude... There are enough people who think enough of John Lewis to have kept him in congress for all these years. That has to count for something.

And just what do you mean by "regular people"?

Freedom AND Civilization will never come together in a diverse society until the majority understands that 'tolerance' means you may have to put up with weird neighbors.

`

Selma is much better now. But there are still racists around. Both black and white.

My neightbor's father was one of the men that the Sheriff deputized to stop the assholes.

My father didn’t get his head busted. But he was bloody from helping others when he got home to Tuscaloosa.

I’m sure his father is now rotting in hell

No poll necessary

was i asking about congress or lewis?....the guy has been in congress 30 years,you cant find 1 bill he put out there?...

He is known as the conscience of Congress. His influence is unmatched. He has fought for civil rights, healthcare, gay rights.
He has opposed our participation in unnecessary wars

Mainly because the UK is more developed.

Clearly...

4650558684_860d6c5362_z.jpg

british-racism-post-brexit-body-image-1467033784-size_1000.jpg

And there haven't been American GI's in significant numbers in the UK since my Grand-dad was over there donating DNA to British gals in exchange for Hershey Bars.

Clearly...

And there haven't been American GI's in significant numbers in the UK since my Grand-dad was over there donating DNA to British gals in exchange for Hershey Bars.
You post pics of minority loons. the sort of people like tommy robinson. the Uk never passed jim crow laws or legislated in any way against people of colour. Nor were any black men lynched for looking at a white girl.The UK never had apartheid, many in the US mourn its passing.

I think Selma is better

They are a national symbol of the Civil Rights movement and John Lewis, who led the march and got his head smashed in is one of our most respected Congressmen
he is?....

Dude... There are enough people who think enough of John Lewis to have kept him in congress for all these years. That has to count for something.

And just what do you mean by "regular people"?

Freedom AND Civilization will never come together in a diverse society until the majority understands that 'tolerance' means you may have to put up with weird neighbors.

`
yea he is just like all those others who get voted in year after year and we get the same old shit.....and by regular people i mean someone who aint a die hard party person....ok "dude"....

He is known as the conscience of Congress. His influence is unmatched. He has fought for civil rights, healthcare, gay rights.
name a bill he has passed instead of just repeating yourself....after 30 years you should have something....

name a bill he has passed instead of just repeating yourself....after 30 years you should have something....

I claimed John Lewis is one of “our most respected congressmen”

I stand by my claim

I stand by my claim
i get it RW....you cant find anything outside of what he did last century.....its ok there are dozens of congress people who have spent years in congress and have havent done much either...here is a list of 35 of them....
These Are the 35 Most Useless Members of Congress

Clearly...

You post pics of minority loons. the sort of people like tommy robinson. the Uk never passed jim crow laws or legislated in any way against people of colour. Nor were any black men lynched for looking at a white girl.The UK never had apartheid, many in the US mourn its passing.

Where Western "Civilization" is concerned, 500 hundred years ago, even the white folks were wholly owned by their good, Christian kings.

250 years ago, the white people declared their economic freedom via the French and American Revolutions.

160 years ago, The Republican Party was born to prosecute a bloody civil war to give Washington D.C. the absolute power to shove The Constitution down the throats of unwilling local governments, and black people were given access to The Constitution.

54 years ago the paperwork finally got pushed through congress by The Democrats because of events like Selma.

10 years ago America put a man of color in to The Whitehouse.

Every generation moves us just a little closer to the ideals of personal freedom and responsibility set forth in The Constitution in spite of the battles, both political and bloody, waged against such progress by the forces who want to conserve and preserve the whatever oppression is keeping their economic wheels greased at the moment and we take one more baby step toward the stars.

Baby steps. Frustrating baby steps.

In 1965 during the civil rights march the democrat party had run the political machine in the U.S. South for about a hundred years. Democrat party racism was intrenched in the South. In the federal government the democrats had the presidency (LBJ) and the majority in both Congress and the Senate and yet they refused to enforce the voting rights. Thanks to Hollywood and the liberal media the perception of the democrat party has turned on a dime but they are still basically the same old racists.

I stand by my claim
i get it RW....you cant find anything outside of what he did last century.....its ok there are dozens of congress people who have spent years in congress and have havent done much either...here is a list of 35 of them....
These Are the 35 Most Useless Members of Congress
John Lewis is not one of them

In 1965 during the civil rights march the democrat party had run the political machine in the U.S. South for about a hundred years. Democrat party racism was intrenched in the South. In the federal government the democrats had the presidency (LBJ) and the majority in both Congress and the Senate and yet they refused to enforce the voting rights. Thanks to Hollywood and the liberal media the perception of the democrat party has turned on a dime but they are still basically the same old racists.
That racism was there for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed

Forum List

Back