Self checkouts will be scrapped at Walmart, Costco, and Wegmans

I want to maximize my time on this rock....You do you.

Sometime you can get more out of life from being less stingy and selfish.

Do you bother not stopping for red lights neither or do you just run through intersections at 65 mph too in your made race to maximize your time?

I'm just asking for a friend so we know to stay far out of your way.

Wouldn't want to hold you up for anything important.

Sometime you can get more out of life from being less stingy and selfish.

Do you bother not stopping for red lights neither or do you just run through intersections at 65 mph too in your made race to maximize your time?

I'm just asking for a friend so we know to stay far out of your way.

Wouldn't want to hold you up for anything important.
That would be wise. ;)

I'm just not in any such hurry that I put a few extra seconds ahead of another person's job nor the convenience of letting them do what they know how to do, nor stupid enough to get behind a "welfare queen" loading up on 200 pounds of steaks and lobster.

They DO have the express checkout for people who think their time is more important than others.
Self checkouts don’t take away jobs

Places can’t hire enough cashiers to staff the few lanes they still man with people

Anyone who actually wants a cashier job can find one anytime they want

Some retail experts predict the reported rise in crime will lead to the demise of self-checkout at big retailers like Walmart and Costco.​

Self-checkouts at big retailers like Walmart and Costco could soon be a thing of the past, warn retail experts, and corporations are pinning it on crime.

An industry expert has warned that Walmart, which has recently claimed it will be launching in-store mini post offices, will scrap self-checkout in the near future.

"I think we are going to see the demise of self-checkouts very soon," said Phil Lempert, a food industry analyst.

Meh, just look at the demographics in the area and don't put them in certain places, simple as that.

It's certainly not a benefit for the paying customer if it went away.....Hell, they would still only have two registers open.
Our Albertson's super market used to have them, but took them out because the customers hated them. Some items invariably wouldn't scan or they couldn't find a price in the system for something or the machine's malfunctioned. Or their credit card wouldn't work. For many it took much longer to self check out than letting the cashier check and bag the items.

So we had wonderful checkers for a few years and everybody was happy. A couple of months ago they put the self check out machines back in. I might use them if I had one or two items and all the check stands were backed up, but otherwise I avoid them like the plague

Self-checkouts at big retailers like Walmart and Costco could soon be a thing of the past, warn retail experts, and corporations are pinning it on crime.
Costco.
Certainly you shop there.......NO?

You see crime at Costco.
Are you shoving that BBQ Pork down your baggy pants again?
Shame on you.
Costco doesn't have an issue with crime. You need membership card upon entry, again upon checkout, and then a receipt check at the door.
Beyond the scope of the Right Wing Idiot.
I've never used one. They not only take a job away from someone else, they make more work for me saving the store money while not saving me a dime.
BullShit. You too Lazy to bag 6 fucking items?
There is ALWAYS a person, with a JOB, there at the Self-Checkout.
You won't know this since you NEVER use it.
So STFU, you have ZERO experience on Self-Checkouts. A Self-Admission.

Self checkouts don’t take away jobs
Places can’t hire enough cashiers to staff the few lanes they still man with people
Anyone who actually wants a cashier job can find one anytime they want

I'm sure, at a now-reduced pay because they are now competing with a machine. Much like foreign migrants but worse. Personally, I just like dealing with other PEOPLE and don't want a life where every interaction with business now is a machine, or a website.

Call me a humanist, but I like personal attention, kindness, friendliness and service over the coldness of: CLICK HERE INSERT CARD.

In basing a human society now on machines, we all become less human and more like the machines themselves.

I have no desire to serve a computer. But you seem already halfway there anyway--- depersonalized and robotic.

I'm sure, at a now-reduced pay because they are now competing with a machine. Much like foreign migrants but worse. Personally, I just like dealing with other PEOPLE and don't want a life where every interaction with business now is a machine, or a website.

Call me a humanist, but I like personal attention, kindness, friendliness and service over the coldness of: CLICK HERE INSERT CARD.

In basing a human society now on machines, we all become less human and more like the machines themselves.

I have no desire to serve a computer. But you seem already halfway there anyway--- depersonalized and robotic.
Don’t be so dramatic

There’s still an attendent at the self checkout area

There’s still fellow customers in line to chat with

And cashier at Walmart was always a low paying job

I'm sure, at a now-reduced pay because they are now competing with a machine.
How do you feel about 'Paying at the Pump'
Would you rather have a 'Service Person' pump your gas?

That's exactly what you are claiming.

Nice Try.

You too Lazy to bag 6 fucking items?
Speak for yourself.

There is ALWAYS a person, with a JOB, there at the Self-Checkout.
Fewer as possible as required by the overflow of those using the braindead self-checkouts where they get more work while saving nothing while the store eliminates a health-plan and a benefits package, vacations, sick days and vacations. I'm sure the store just loves you.

You won't know this since you NEVER use it.
That is right. A machine can't answer questions, make conversation, deal with the unexpected or give human FB, but I realize how leftists need little human contact because they are already half way to being a programmed machine themselves.

So STFU, you have ZERO experience on Self-Checkouts.
Better still: eat my shorts, faggot.

Actually yes. There is a full service station near me and I love not having to get out of my car while the attendant pumps my gas, cleans my windshield, checks my tires, and any other quick service I might need. Life was better then. People were friendlier. I'd hate to be you always in too much of a hurry that you deprive yourself of the very pleasure of human interaction with other good people, but I realize that there in your big city surrounded by other progressives, you're just hoping to get out of there w/o getting stabbed or robbed back home to your hole in the wall to get back on the internet.

Paying at the pump. too a 'machine'
You are serving a computer, every time to 'pay at the pump.'

Don't you HATE that? LLOLLOLLL
How do you feel about 'Paying at the Pump'

That's exactly what you are claiming.

Actually yes. There is a full service station near me and I love not having to get out of my car while the attendant pumps my gas, cleans my windshield, checks my tires, and any other quick service I might need. Life was better then. People were friendlier. I'd hate to be you always in too much of a hurry that you deprive yourself of the very pleasure of human interaction with other good people, but I realize that there in your big city surrounded by other progressives, you're just hoping to get out of there w/o getting stabbed or robbed back home to your hole in the wall to get back on the internet.
Hilarious

I'd hate to be you always in too much of a hurry that you deprive yourself of the very pleasure of human interaction with other good people, but I realize that there in your big city surrounded by other progressives
I live on an Island.
Smaller than the city that surrounds you.

but I realize that there in your big city surrounded by other......LOLLOL
There is a full service station near me and I love not having to get out of my car while the attendant pumps my gas, cleans my windshield, checks my tires, and any other quick service I might need.
You Live in Oregon?
I'm calling BullShit.......Don't be a coward, name this Full Service Station.

You fell asleep watching back the future.

Actually yes. There is a full service station near me and I love not having to get out of my car while the attendant pumps my gas, cleans my windshield, checks my tires, and any other quick service I might need.

No one misses that
toobfreak claims he goes to a 'full service' station that 'checks his tires.....LLLLLLOOOLLLOLLLLLLLL.

Dear Lord.
Such a fucking Liar.

Even when I do attend a 'service station' in Oregon, I will always get out of the car to....... take a bathroom break, buy a snack, stretch my legs, etc.
toobfreak is so full of shit.
He can certainly PROVE ME WRONG, but naming this incredible station.

Forum List

Back