Seems we have a new button

I'm confused. What if it's just funny but I DON'T agree?

"Some folks" are gonna have a cow figuring out how to funny something they don't agree with just to mess with people...

Having%20a%20cow.jpg

It happens...

Now you have to ask yourself, funny or funny agree?

If you have to wonder what you think of it, perhaps not clicking any rating option is what you should "do," or more accurately, what you should refrain from doing. LOL

Truly have you never seen a remark that you thought expressed an idea that made you laugh even though you didn't agree with the sentiment of the idea? For example,

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
― George W. Bush​

I laughed quite hard when I read that statement. I do not, however, agree at all that the U.S. uses its innovativeness and cognitive abilities to harm the American people. I would click "funny" for that statement, but not "funny and agree."

"Funny and agree" is informative in a forum like USMB because of the pervasiveness of sarcasm and indignation in political discourse. It helps clarify whether one is being laughed at or laughed with.

If you have to wonder what you think of it, perhaps not clicking any rating option is what you should "do." LOL

Truly have you never seen a remark that you thought expressed an idea that made you laugh even though you didn't agree with the sentiment of the idea? For example,

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
― George W. Bush​

I laughed quite hard when I read that statement. I do not, however, agree at all that the U.S. uses its innovativeness and cognitive abilities to harm the American people. I would click "funny" for that statement, but not "funny and agree."

"Funny and agree" is informative in a forum like USMB because of the pervasiveness of sarcasm and indignation in political discourse. It helps clarify whether one is being laughed at or laughed with.

Warning: Sarcasm may be harmful or fatal of swallowed.

Can we at least have a pfffffffffft!! button?

Some folks haven't unwrapped all the new toys. There's a new button in the Flame Zone that was made with you in mind. Check it out.. :tongue:
Oh. The Dumb Button. Duh.

Actually, Duh is better than dumb. :lol:

I saw your post after I posted that. Only reason I know is that manifold "dumbed" one of my sticky rules for the FZone and it showed in my alerts. Thought he had hacked the website.

He's good.. Knows how to push peoples buttons. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Get it? Push people's buttons????

Last edited:
Can we at least have a pfffffffffft!! button?

Some folks haven't unwrapped all the new toys. There's a new button in the Flame Zone that was made with you in mind. Check it out.. :tongue:
Oh. The Dumb Button. Duh.

Actually, Duh is better than dumb. :lol:

I saw your post after I posted that. Only reason I know is that Mani "dumbed" one of my sticky rules for the FZone.

He's good.. Knows how to push peoples buttons. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Get it? Push people's buttons????

Great, now we need a 'Groan' button

Button Fever!

Keeps the kiddos from beating each other up and focusing on their new toys.
(Until they get bored, just like on xmas morn, and start bonking each other over the head with said toys)

I'm confused. What if it's just funny but I DON'T agree? Is that just plain funny now?

"Some folks" are gonna have a cow figuring out how to funny something they don't agree with just to mess with people...

Is that old "plain" funny now really the new "your post sucked" button??

A dislike or disagree button is needed ... but some snowflakes would cry about that I'm sure.

Last edited:
I'm confused. What if it's just funny but I DON'T agree? Is that just plain funny now?

Is that old "plain" funny now really the new "your post sucked" button??

A dislike button is needed ... but some snowflakes would cry about that I'm sure.

I've been pitching a plan for the snowflakes. Involves buying "shields" from USMB that deflect all those button micro-aggressions. Maybe sell 100 "shields" for $10 or so. .USMB needs a new ping pong table ya know..

Some folks might need to buy the Costco size lot of 1000 for just $85..

Forum List

Back