Seems Obama is outspending Romney but all I hear about is Romney's money

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
From July 2 through July 8, the Obama campaign has purchased $6.5 million of advertising in the battleground states; the Romney camp $4.3 million; the conservative group Americans for Prosperity $2.6 million; and the pro-Obama Priorities USA Action $1.4 million.

In fact, the Obama campaign has bought a whopping $24.1 million -- in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia -- for the entire month of July.

Overall, since the general election contest began in the spring, the campaigns and the outside groups have spent nearly $200 million on ads, with Obama and his supporters outspending Team Romney, $110 million to $85 million. Here's the total breakdown:

The advertising guns of July - First Read

Yes, Obama did say he was being outspent:

"I will be the first president in modern history to be outspent in his re-election campaign, if things continue as they have so far," reads the email. "I'm not just talking about the super PACs and anonymous outside groups -- I'm talking about the Romney campaign itself. Those outside groups just add even more to the underlying problem."

"We can be outspent and still win -- but we can't be outspent 10 to 1 and still win."

The email blast follows a warning from officials on Wednesday that the campaign had been outspent by a three-to-one margin.

Obama Campaign Warns President 'Will Be Outspent'

Yet, at least in advertising Obama is outspending Romney...

Forum List

Back