Sect. Mattis Resignation Letter:

I'll go with TRUMPS Decision and see what happens . Whats the worst that can happen in or to the USA Tommy ??
Another 9/11 ?

You don't believe that LOL
Could be worse, who knows ?
I would think that Mattis might know ?

But that's irrelevant. Trump is CinC, not Mattis. Elections have consequences. That Mattis understood this but you don't tells us everything.

I'll go with TRUMPS Decision and see what happens . Whats the worst that can happen in or to the USA Tommy ??
The Kurds, who supported us will be slaughtered. We are walking away from our allies. We will be isolationists, and that is counter to all our values.

Stop it with the "our values" nonsense. It's a weak argument made by dummies who can't argue a point. Well we should stay in a war derrp because of our values.........
So, tell us, why did we make a commitment to the Kurds to help them, to only pull out as they helped ? Who or what are we? Have you folks lost your souls? Forget values. A Republicans word is worth shit. That's your value.

What comittment are you talking about dipshit ? We went into Syria to deal with ISIS , that's it. Trump said before he was even elected that he would NOT send US troops into Syria to overthrow Assad or to protect the Kurds or anything else. We went in strictly to deal with ISIS.

That you are a suddenly a war monger who wants us to keep a permanent military presence in yet another country because Trump won't do it is very telling.
Negative dumb ass. I go back to the beginning of the George Bush illegal war. We created ISIS in 2003. We are still cleaning up that mess. And yes, we committed to helping the Kurds to get rid of ISIS in order to help them. Trump lied.

If anyone thinks we shouldn't be there, that's me. But since we are responsible for the millions who died as a result of the illegal Iraq war that started ISIS, we have an obligation to the innocent people who have suffered. Who Was the Founder of ISIS?

all i know about the muslim 'kurds' is that they and the USA fight 'isis' when our interests are the same . Other wise , it sounds like you want the USA to save the 'muslim' kurds' from their co religionists or 'isis' . Plus , i don't know of any Treaty or Agreement or Comitment for the USA to save the 'kurds' BWK ??

The Kurds, who supported us will be slaughtered. We are walking away from our allies. We will be isolationists, and that is counter to all our values.

Stop it with the "our values" nonsense. It's a weak argument made by dummies who can't argue a point. Well we should stay in a war derrp because of our values.........
So, tell us, why did we make a commitment to the Kurds to help them, to only pull out as they helped ? Who or what are we? Have you folks lost your souls? Forget values. A Republicans word is worth shit. That's your value.

What comittment are you talking about dipshit ? We went into Syria to deal with ISIS , that's it. Trump said before he was even elected that he would NOT send US troops into Syria to overthrow Assad or to protect the Kurds or anything else. We went in strictly to deal with ISIS.

That you are a suddenly a war monger who wants us to keep a permanent military presence in yet another country because Trump won't do it is very telling.
Negative dumb ass. I go back to the beginning of the George Bush illegal war. We created ISIS in 2003. We are still cleaning up that mess. And yes, we committed to helping the Kurds to get rid of ISIS in order to help them. Trump lied.

If anyone thinks we shouldn't be there, that's me. But since we are responsible for the millions who died as a result of the illegal Iraq war that stated ISIS, we have an obligation to the innocent people who have suffered. Who Was the Founder of ISIS?

As I suspected you were for staying out of Syria until Trump announced we were leaving Syria LOL

So, tell us, why did we make a commitment to the Kurds to help them, to only pull out as they helped us ? Who or what are we? Have you folks lost your souls? Forget values. A Republicans word is worth shit. That's your value.
The US and the Kurds had common interest in defeating ISIS, but the US never signed on to help the Kurds establish a separate political entity in Syria or to fight Turkey, a NATO ally, to defend it. The Kurds will have to give up their hope of establishing a separate state and throw in with the Russian backed Assad forces to protect themselves against Turkey. The remnants of ISIS are seen as common enemy by Assad, Russia, Turkey and the Kurds, so while ISIS may never be completely eradicated, it will never become a major force in Syria again. Then the question must be asked, what would the US hope to accomplish by keeping our 2,000 troops in Syria?

Very interesting is this 1987 letter.
original-12123-1436563121-15.png

In it, Trump attacks Reagan's foreign policy in particular with references to Japan and Saudi Arabia(!). He does not name NATO as it would have been too unpopular at the time to do so.

Some have said that this came about as an effect of him being recruited by the KGB, as the timing is right after his trip to the Soviet Union.

In any case, Japan still claims some islands that were occupied by the Soviet Union, and Russia is the closest superpower at its borders, closer than China.

Mr. Mattis's letter does imply Trump treats NATO member states as enemies. I don't particularly support the elder Bush's war against Iraq, or his son's, but the participation of some NATO countries in those, as well as Afghanistan and Syria at the behest of the United States should offer NATO countries a full protection in recompense for their service; in other words using NATO for what it was meant for, protecting against a foreign invasion.

Not to go off-topic, but I also do not see Trump starting a war in Latin America. Venezuela is a strong Russian ally.
We already conquered Latin America; CIA in South America | Geopolitical Monitor

WELL , they are muslims i think and these kinda decisions are up to your 'CiC' President Trump BWK .
And you just made a retarded argument/excuse. It just shows how full of .... the Republican party is.
------------------------------------------------- i'm no 'repub' , i do support The Trump as a Deplorable though BWK .

In it, Trump attacks Reagan's foreign policy in particular with references to Japan and Saudi Arabia(!). He does not name NATO as it would have been too unpopular at the time to do so.

Some have said that this came about as an effect of him being recruited by the KGB, as the timing is right after his trip to the Soviet Union.

In any case, Japan still claims some islands that were occupied by the Soviet Union, and Russia is the closest superpower at its borders, closer than China.

Mr. Mattis's letter does imply Trump treats NATO member states as enemies. I don't particularly support the elder Bush's war against Iraq, or his son's, but the participation of some NATO countries in those, as well as Afghanistan and Syria at the behest of the United States should offer NATO countries a full protection in recompense for their service; in other words using NATO for what it was meant for, protecting against a foreign invasion.

Not to go off-topic, but I also do not see Trump starting a war in Latin America. Venezuela is a strong Russian ally.
Really incomplete list, interventions started in the 19th century. Interesting link nonetheless.

So, tell us, why did we make a commitment to the Kurds to help them, to only pull out as they helped us ? Who or what are we? Have you folks lost your souls? Forget values. A Republicans word is worth shit. That's your value.
The US and the Kurds had common interest in defeating ISIS, but the US never signed on to help the Kurds establish a separate political entity in Syria or to fight Turkey, a NATO ally, to defend it. The Kurds will have to give up their hope of establishing a separate state and throw in with the Russian backed Assad forces to protect themselves against Turkey. The remnants of ISIS are seen as common enemy by Assad, Russia, Turkey and the Kurds, so while ISIS may never be completely eradicated, it will never become a major force in Syria again. Then the question must be asked, what would the US hope t
o accomplish by keeping our 2,000 troops in Syria?
I never said we signed on to help the Kurds fight Turkey. But isn't it quite the double cross for Turkey to tell Trump that they are going after the Kurds, after the Kurds helped us, and we suddenly pull out, just so Turkey can take out the Kurds? Just shows the world that we can't be trusted anywhere, and that we will sell out our allies, depending on which ally is the richest. It all comes down to money. Trump bowed to Turkey over the Kurds, in a hurry, after the threat that Turkey wanted to attack the Kurds. Meaning, even though there are a few thousand ISIS fighters left, business took precedence over security for the region. That's what really happened.

America first.......

Not surprised at all the machine is against it

-Geaux

Strange America first. Strengthen Russia, bolster Iran, reinvigorate ISIS, demoralize our allies, sow chaos in the homeland. All in one day.

This is a strategy only a Russian troll could love.

Bolster Iran and arm ISIS through the Benghazi Consulate...

Who gives a flying fck about Benghazi except those who seek deflection from Trumpist incompetence.

Probably the families of these folks:

CsHFo9aWIAAfdD3.jpg

Of course that's just 4 dead white dudes serving their country overseas. The left hates them. If it would have been a black punk killed by a cop though...holy hell breaks loose.

Remind me of all the Benghazi indictments..... I forgot that YUGE high count number.
As it was just a show to spew lies about HRC planned murder spree in this event.

In any case, Japan still claims some islands that were occupied by the Soviet Union, and Russia is the closest superpower Inat its borders, closer than China.

Really incomplete list, interventions started in the 19th century. Interesting link nonetheless.
Interventions are still ongoing today.Because it happened in the nineteenth century, is totally irrelevant.

America first.......

-Geaux

Strange America first. Strengthen Russia, bolster Iran, reinvigorate ISIS, demoralize our allies, sow chaos in the homeland. All in one day.

Who gives a flying fck about Benghazi except those who seek deflection from Trumpist incompetence.

CsHFo9aWIAAfdD3.jpg

Of course that's just 4 dead white dudes serving their country overseas. The left hates them. If it would have been a black punk killed by a cop though...holy hell breaks loose.

Nope, they prefer not to use them, or others props for scamming minds on LIES!

WELL , they are muslims i think and these kinda decisions are up to your 'CiC' President Trump BWK .
And you just made a retarded argument/excuse. It just shows how full of .... the Republican party is.
------------------------------------------------- i'm no 'repub' , i do support The Trump as a Deplorable though BWK .
I would've never guessed.

THIS whole thing is about 'isis' and leaving 'syria' to 'isis' . No mention of the 'turks' going after the 'kurds' in this thread so far is there BWK .

If anyone thinks we shouldn't be there, that's me. But since we are responsible for the millions who died as a result of the illegal Iraq war that stated ISIS, we have an obligation to the innocent people who have suffered. Who Was the Founder of ISIS?

As I suspected you were for staying out of Syria until Trump announced we were leaving Syria LOL

You seriously are too stupid to connect the dots here. You definitely are a typical Republican. You've been given two links to figure out this whole picture. Watch them both in their entirety. However, I'm about 99% sure you'll never get it.

America first.......

-Geaux

CsHFo9aWIAAfdD3.jpg

Remind me of all the Benghazi indictments..... I forgot that YUGE high count number.
As it was just a show to spew lies about HRC planned murder spree in this event.

Hillary was protected by Republicans many of whom, Gowdy, Ryan, Flake and Corker, e.g., were just dismissed by Trump

In any case, Japan still claims some islands that were occupied by the Soviet Union, and Russia is the closest superpower Inat its borders, closer than China.

Interventions are still ongoing today.Because it happened in the nineteenth century, is totally irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant, it's a long historical tradition.

Today's interventions are covert and not direct military interventions like Grenada and Panama. You can compare them, but it would be hard to call them equivalent to an invasion. Plus they occur in other places like Africa, sometimes with even soldiers sent, see Niger.

So we fully understand here. Being less than Repugger class. Lower than them.
You confess to being subhuman, NAZI type Whitney with YUGE face tattoos and face zits.
Breeding with ......

upload_2018-12-21_15-57-57.png

Is what you are telling us all. Hmm? OKAY.

Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country's 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.

I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department's business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

Article continues after this message from our sponsor

NATIONAL SECURITY
Despite Remaining ISIS Threats, Pompeo Says U.S. Made 'Caliphate In Syria Go Away'

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

MIDDLE EAST
White House Orders Pentagon To Pull U.S. Troops From Syria

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model — gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions — to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

ANALYSIS
After U.S. Troops Leave Syria, What Happens Next?

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.

I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform.

James Mattis

READ: Defense Secretary Jim Mattis' Letter Announcing His Resignation

And this is how a dignified man acts when asked to something that he disagrees with. He resigns.

Doesn't mean he's right and Trump is wrong (and in fact that is irrelevant anyway, Trump is the boss, it just means that compare this to very disgusting actions of a few other high ranking government officials who disagreed with an order given by the President, I'm thinking specifically of that shit stain Sally Yates.

This is how adults handle disagreement. Liberals should take note.

"disgusting actions of a few other high ranking government officials who disagreed with an order given by the President, I'm thinking specifically of that shit stain Sally Yates"

I hope more American Patriots put their job on the line and stand up to orders from a President such as Trump, and put the law and our nation first.

When all is said and done, Ms. Yates may one day earn the medal of freedom, and it is well deserved.

Forum List

Back