Sect. Mattis Resignation Letter:

This is where his idiocy becomes a matter for concern around the world.
When foreign policy is dictated by the need to feed opinion polls back home then the adults leave the room.

The US had 2,000 soldiers in Syria that are being pulled out. Germany has some 1,200 troops presently in Syria. The UK???

The EU has twice the population of the US but can't find 2,000 soldiers to replace the departing US soldiers?

WTF

You are right.

2,000 US troops is not much but the presence of US troops makes a big difference to that particular area. Turkey or others cannot just stepped in and start the massacre.
There is no reason for our troops to be in Syria/Afghanistan/Iraq

looks like Americas new ally of the Saudis and Saudi leader 'MBS' are going to take care of the 'kurds' BWK . --- CHECKMATE – Saudi Crown Prince MbS Sends Replacement Troops To Defend Kurds in Syria… --- that is if the the article is correct BWK .

Saudi Crown Prince MbS Sends Replacement Troops To Defend Kurds in Syria…

trump-and-mohammed-bin-salman-2.jpg

I wonder if maybe this wasn’t a behind-the-door deal between the prince and the president. It sure seems timely.

Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and the DC Decepticons are concerned about the Kurdish groups in Syria as the President Trump withdraws U.S. forces. The concern stems from a possibility of Turkey taking hostile action toward our Kurdish allies. However, a new report from the region highlights Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman is sending his forces to replace the U.S. troops.

Since when do the Dims truly care about our military adventurism?

Now let’s consider the brilliance of this move.

First, remember Turkish President Recep Erdogan was the antagonist in the Kashoggi matter and Erdogan orchestrated the blame toward Saudi Crown Prince MbS. There is no better motivated mid-east ally to protect the Kurds against any military action by Turkey other than MbS. No doubt MbS and UAE will send their best forces.

Secondly, what military equipment will MbS and the UAE be shipping along with their military troops? Those would be military purchases directly from the U.S.

Third, who stood up against international pressure and refused to condemn MbS over the Kashoggi matter? That would be a strategic U.S. President Trump. MbS owes a favor; see how that works?

Fourth, what leverage does U.S President Trump have toward Turkey in order to further facilitate no hostile action? That would be the economic leverage of current sanctions against Iran; and the option of controlling/punishing any economic engagement therein.

So to summarize: President Trump withdraws U.S. troops from Syria, and leverages his relationship with MbS to step up to replace them, thereby eliminating any concern that Turkey might take hostile action toward our Kurdish allies in Northern Syria.

More @ CHECKMATE – Saudi Crown Prince MbS Sends Replacement Troops To Defend Kurds in Syria…

Saudi Arabia, UAE, And Jordan Will Send Troops To Support Kurds In Syria While U.S. Forces Leave @ Saudi Arabia, UAE send troops to support Kurds in Syria

2017_8_14-saudi-army1280px-AuF1_and_AMX-10P_Royal_Saudi_Land_Force.jpg

Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country's 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.

I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department's business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

Article continues after this message from our sponsor

NATIONAL SECURITY
Despite Remaining ISIS Threats, Pompeo Says U.S. Made 'Caliphate In Syria Go Away'

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

MIDDLE EAST
White House Orders Pentagon To Pull U.S. Troops From Syria

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model — gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions — to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

ANALYSIS
After U.S. Troops Leave Syria, What Happens Next?

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.

I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform.

James Mattis

READ: Defense Secretary Jim Mattis' Letter Announcing His Resignation

Mattis obviously tired of working for a POTUS without a functioning brain.

Mattis has been a military man for over four decades & knows what he is talking about.

Trump is a reality TV host that likes to fuck other people's wives.

Good on Mattis.

Fvck Trump.

'Mattis' may be fine , i suspect that he is . Only thing suspicious is that he survived 'mrobams's' purge of 197 Experienced USA Military men CKid .

anyway , Mattis is gone but hey , we still have President Trump and his Saudi Allies to support the 'kurds' while bringing home USA Military that might go to work on the USA Southern Border CKid .

This is where his idiocy becomes a matter for concern around the world.
When foreign policy is dictated by the need to feed opinion polls back home then the adults leave the room.

The US had 2,000 soldiers in Syria that are being pulled out. Germany has some 1,200 troops presently in Syria. The UK???

The EU has twice the population of the US but can't find 2,000 soldiers to replace the departing US soldiers?

WTF

You are right.

2,000 US troops is not much but the presence of US troops makes a big difference to that particular area. Turkey or others cannot just stepped in and start the massacre.
----------------------------------- if there are MASSACRES i think it will be 'isis' or 'islamic state' that does the massacres Charwin . Though when and if the 'turks' may go after the 'kurds' Charwin .

Yes the Turks will go after the Kurds.

'kurds' and their Allies the Saudis and UAE will have to fight them Charwin . [that is all] !!

Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country's 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.

I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department's business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

NATIONAL SECURITY
Despite Remaining ISIS Threats, Pompeo Says U.S. Made 'Caliphate In Syria Go Away'

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

MIDDLE EAST

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model — gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions — to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

ANALYSIS

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.

I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform.

James Mattis

It's a stark warning to the nation and to the world.

Dear Mr. President:

NATIONAL SECURITY

MIDDLE EAST

ANALYSIS

James Mattis

It's a stark warning to the nation and to the world.

It is a stark warning, but only to those who listen. Trump surrounds himself with Yes men and women, and when anyone says No to him he has a temper tantrum.

Direct your questions to General Mattis.

Too funny. General Mattis decides EU troop deployment? You are a wanker.

Even funnier. The UK is sending 800 British troops to Norway to help defend them from Russian aggression.UK sending 800 troops to Arctic in warning shot to Russia

Hard to believe that the entire EU can't replace 2,000 US soldiers in Syria.

Which EU army are you referring to you insular fuck ?
There isnt one.

Hey asshole I didn't mention an "EU army". However you ignorant fuck the EU has had a number of common defense policies with the most recent one being the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP). These various policies have helped to send troops from EU member countries into a number of countries abroad that include peace keeping. Now turn off your television and read:

Military and civilian missions and operations - EEAS - European External Action Service - European Commission

"co-operating voluntarily in EU-led operations, Member States must be able, by 2003, to deploy within 60 days and sustain for at least 1 year military forces of, the Union will be able to carry out the full range of the tasks gi up to 50,000-60,000 persons capable of the full range of tasks stated in Article 17 of the Treaty on European Union (TEU)."

EUFOR is a well-known EU military effort that has carried out operations in countries like Chad, Central African Republic, Congo........

And because you mentioned an army, if there is an "EU army" in the future its precursor will have been EUFOR.

You are thrashing about trying to deflect. From your quote I see the word "voluntarily" leap out as if in neon. Tell me why ,for example, Sweden,Holland,Ireland and Spain should send troops to Syria when they have had no part of it ?

Your misconceptions arise from a fundamental misunderstanding of the EU.
It is not the United States of Europe.
It is 20 odd countries with their own armies and foreign policies,laws and civic structures.

You are funny. Again, you throw out crap and hope it sticks. Don't assume.

You ask why Europe should send troops.

The main reason, top of the list that the UK (in fact only England and Wales) voted to leave the EU is that they want to control their borders.

The reason why many populist parties are rising in much of Europe is in part due to a frustration with the refugee flow from countries like Syria.

EU member countries have an interest in curbing the flow of refugees. The EU needs to show Syrians that they will help to make it safe for refugees to return to Syria and to Syrians that have not yet left that they don't need to leave.

It is true that Obama/Hillary's involvement in African and Middle Eastern affairs made a bad problem even worse. Libya is in total chaos, Syria is at war with itself, Turkey and Saudi Arabia have expressed a desire to arm themselves with nuclear weapons given their suspicion that Iran will have them.

Fair or not Europe needs to stop the flow of refugees or be prepared for political change.

Hillary Clinton: Europe must curb immigration to stop rightwing populists

May I add this:

The largest number of refugees in the history of the world were wandering around the planet as a direct result of Barack Obama’s incompetence in the Middle East and North Africa, ….some 65 million refugees….more than during or after WWII….due to Barack Obama’s blithering idiocy.

Even funnier. The UK is sending 800 British troops to Norway to help defend them from Russian aggression.UK sending 800 troops to Arctic in warning shot to Russia

There isnt one.

Hey asshole I didn't mention an "EU army". However you ignorant fuck the EU has had a number of common defense policies with the most recent one being the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP). These various policies have helped to send troops from EU member countries into a number of countries abroad that include peace keeping. Now turn off your television and read:

Military and civilian missions and operations - EEAS - European External Action Service - European Commission

"co-operating voluntarily in EU-led operations, Member States must be able, by 2003, to deploy within 60 days and sustain for at least 1 year military forces of, the Union will be able to carry out the full range of the tasks gi up to 50,000-60,000 persons capable of the full range of tasks stated in Article 17 of the Treaty on European Union (TEU)."

EUFOR is a well-known EU military effort that has carried out operations in countries like Chad, Central African Republic, Congo........

And because you mentioned an army, if there is an "EU army" in the future its precursor will have been EUFOR.

You are thrashing about trying to deflect. From your quote I see the word "voluntarily" leap out as if in neon. Tell me why ,for example, Sweden,Holland,Ireland and Spain should send troops to Syria when they have had no part of it ?

It is 20 odd countries with their own armies and foreign policies,laws and civic structures.

The main reason, top of the list that the UK (in fact only England and Wales) voted to leave the EU is that they want to control their borders.

The reason why many populist parties are rising in much of Europe is in part due to a frustration with the refugee flow from countries like Syria.

EU member countries have an interest in curbing the flow of refugees. The EU needs to show Syrians that they will help to make it safe for refugees to return to Syria and to Syrians that have not yet left that they don't need to leave.

It is true that Obama/Hillary's involvement in African and Middle Eastern affairs made a bad problem even worse. Libya is in total chaos, Syria is at war with itself, Turkey and Saudi Arabia have expressed a desire to arm themselves with nuclear weapons given their suspicion that Iran will have them.

Fair or not Europe needs to stop the flow of refugees or be prepared for political change.

May I add this:

The largest number of refugees in the history of the world were wandering around the planet as a direct result of Barack Obama’s incompetence in the Middle East and North Africa, ….some 65 million refugees….more than during or after WWII….due to Barack Obama’s blithering idiocy.

You must believe Obama was the most powerful man in world history.

There isnt one.

May I add this:

How is all this ME fighting on Former President Obama? Are you sure you can't find a way to blame it on FDR?

There isnt one.

May I add this:

You must believe Obama was the most powerful man in world history.
Y

You must be the stupidest man in the world not to realize by now that I am never wrong.

"Two summits this week will try to address the 65 million displaced and 20 million in danger. But they are under fire before talks have even begun

About 150 refugees and migrants wait for help during a rescue operation on the Mediterranean Sea off Libya. Photograph: Santi Palacios/AP
It is now the greatest movement of the uprooted that the world has ever known. Some 65 million people have been displaced from their homes, 21.3 million of them refugees for whom flight is virtually compulsory – involuntary victims of politics, war or natural catastrophe."
Why won’t the world tackle the refugee crisis?

Last edited:
There isnt one.

May I add this:

How is all this ME fighting on Former President Obama? Are you sure you can't find a way to blame it on FDR?

Gads, you're a dunce.

"Two summits this week will try to address the 65 million displaced and 20 million in danger. But they are under fire before talks have even begun

T

About 150 refugees and migrants wait for help during a rescue operation on the Mediterranean Sea off Libya. Photograph: Santi Palacios/AP
It is now the greatest movement of the uprooted that the world has ever known. Some 65 million people have been displaced from their homes, 21.3 million of them refugees for whom flight is virtually compulsory – involuntary victims of politics, war or natural catastrophe."
Why won’t the world tackle the refugee crisis?

Forum List

Back