Secret Service agent suggests she would rather do "jail time" than "take a bullet" for Trump

Secret Service Will Take 'Appropriate Action' After Agent Suggests She Won't Take a Bullet for Donald Trump
Zamira Rahim

The Secret Service said it is is taking "appropriate action" after an agent implied she would not defend President Donald Trump if he was the target of a shooting.

Kerry O'Grady, a senior agent at the Denver field office, wrote a series of posts on her personal Facebook account during the presidential campaign, including one that said she "would take jail time over a bullet or an endorsement for what I believe to be disaster to this country", in reference to Trump, the Washington Examiner reports.

O'Grady deleted the posts after they were publicized. The Secret Service said in a statement that it was "aware of the postings and the agency is taking quick and appropriate action," according to CNN.

"All Secret Service agents and employees are held to the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct," the statement read, according to CNN. "Any allegations of misconduct are taken seriously and swiftly investigated."

Secret Service Agent Suggests She Won't 'Take a Bullet' for Donald Trump

I thought I read that Trump is continuing to pay for his personal security, as he has little confidence in the SS.

Don't know what you read, or where, but that is wrong. We are paying for his security, and we are paying one million dollars per day for his wife and son to stay in New York instead of the White House. That's one million per day above and beyond what is normally expected for security for the president's family.
I wonder why you and those like you ignored obama's many misuses of public funds, but are really upset about Trump's.

She should resign at once. You can't have this kind of insubordination involving a president.

Secret Service agent wrote she wouldn't take a bullet for Trump

A senior U.S. Secret Service member suggested she would not take a bullet for President Trump in an October post on Facebook.

Kerry O’Grady said she would rather do “jail time” than take “a bullet” for Trump — who is a “disaster to this country,” she wrote in a post obtained by The Washington Examiner.

She also endorsed Democratic challenger Hillary Clinton for president.

In her post, O’Grady acknowledged that expressing her political beliefs on social media is a violation of the Hatch Act. The act prohibits executive branch members, excluding the president, vice president and other designed officials, from making partisan statements.

“As a public servant for nearly 23 years, I struggle to not violate the Hatch Act. So I keep quiet and skirt the median. To do otherwise can be a criminal offense for those in my position,” she wrote. “Despite the fact that I am expected to take a bullet for both sides. But this world has changed and I have changed. And I would take jail time over a bullet or an endorsement for what I believe to be disaster to this country and the strong and amazing women and minorities who reside here. Hatch Act be damned. I am with Her.”

She just might get what she wished for.

Yet another example of the mental disorder called Liberalism.

She should resign at once. You can't have this kind of insubordination involving a president.

A senior U.S. Secret Service member suggested she would not take a bullet for President Trump in an October post on Facebook.

Kerry O’Grady said she would rather do “jail time” than take “a bullet” for Trump — who is a “disaster to this country,” she wrote in a post obtained by The Washington Examiner.

In her post, O’Grady acknowledged that expressing her political beliefs on social media is a violation of the Hatch Act. The act prohibits executive branch members, excluding the president, vice president and other designed officials, from making partisan statements.

“As a public servant for nearly 23 years, I struggle to not violate the Hatch Act. So I keep quiet and skirt the median. To do otherwise can be a criminal offense for those in my position,” she wrote. “Despite the fact that I am expected to take a bullet for both sides. But this world has changed and I have changed. And I would take jail time over a bullet or an endorsement for what I believe to be disaster to this country and the strong and amazing women and minorities who reside here. Hatch Act be damned. I am with Her.”

She just might get what she wished for.

Yet another example of the mental disorder called Liberalism.

She's either quite the idiot, or is setting up a lawsuit.

I would never take a bullet for any other american not a part of my family. Nothing to be proud of...no heroics in it. No honor either. If she didn't like the job why take it?

Fire her ass and Bill her for her SS training.

Forum List

Back